More US women killed by intimate partners than by any other group of people

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Indeed. Outside of defending one's child or self, there is no excuse for physically assaulting another person.

Something doesn't magically become true simply because you repeat it over and over again.

At any rate, aren't you a fan of the death penalty?

zoo22

Are you thinking some here aren't aware that women get beat up by their husbands and boyfriends....and that it been happening since the dawn of time? Did you know that children are beaten to death by their own parents? Did you know that women are hiring hit men to kill their husbands, and they're poisoning them ...even shooting them?

Yeah, it's a world filled with sin and we see it everywhere. So why are you focused on the poor women instead of the poor children and men who are targets of the same violence? Is there something special about women that is not special about children and men? :think:

Oh, okay. Now I see. It's always happened, and some women kill their husbands, and also other bad things happen too.

You forgot to include "she deserved it" and "she hit me first!"

The rationalization around here is seriously demented.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Oh, okay. Now I see. It's always happened, and some women kill their husbands, and also other bad things happen too.

What's demented is the sheer visceral nature of your rhetoric.

If you disagree with me or with others, then you should be very eager to show us the truth of your own position by means of arguments.

But instead, like the others, you insist on simply saying "boo" and stomping your feet.

I'm not impressed.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Interestingly enough, those opposed to men committing domestic violence have not advocated that it's fine for women to hit men.

It's not. Domestic battery should result in the batterer going to jail. The end.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Interestingly enough, those opposed to men committing domestic violence have not advocated that it's fine for women to hit men.

For any who may be reading: what Rusha has said above is flat out false. I've already said more or less the opposite.

zoo22

It's not. Domestic battery should result in the batterer going to jail. The end.

That's true.

That said, regarding domestic violence, there's no question at all that women overwhelmingly "get the worst of it".

glorydaz

For any who may be reading: what Rusha has said above is flat out false. I've already said more or less the opposite.

That's the way they roll, Trad. They do the exact same thing to me and others all the time. Rusha and friends are nothing more than LIARS, and they really aren't even good at it.

They should have to have some words on the bottom of each of their posts that say, BUYER BEWARE. :)

glorydaz

What's demented is the sheer visceral nature of your rhetoric.

If you disagree with me or with others, then you should be very eager to show us the truth of your own position by means of arguments.

But instead, like the others, you insist on simply saying "boo" and stomping your feet.

I'm not impressed.

The Liberals have very impressive temper tantrums, though, don't they? :chuckle:

glorydaz

After you stop having your tantrum, you might try answering the question I asked you. :chew:

ClimateSanity

That's the way they roll, Trad. They do the exact same thing to me and others all the time. Rusha and friends are nothing more than LIARS, and they really aren't even good at it.

They should have to have some words on the bottom of each of their posts that say, BUYER BEWARE. :)

But she follows the golden rule!!!!!.. Elo said so. He would never steer you wrong.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Where does she say anything that even appears to be rationalizing it just because she said it happens all ways?

This Charming Manc

To add an element of complexity to this it is self evident to me that violence becomes abuse when the person committing violence is in a position of significant greater strength or power than the victim.

On average this means there is a difference in men hitting women than women hitting men.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To add an element of complexity to this it is self evident to me that violence becomes abuse when the person committing violence is in a position of significant greater strength or power than the victim.

On average this means there is a difference in men hitting women than women hitting men.

While that is true, my position has always been that with the exception of defending myself or another person, I will not lower my standards to that of an abuser's. One example that has been used is ... "well what if she commits adultery".

My answer: He's. Not. Worth. The. Effort.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
They hate game of thrones? I'm going to have to find out what that movie is about

Game of Thrones has: murder, rape, patricide, incest, torture, religious inquisitions, child killing, witchcraft, human sacrifice, undead armies, treason, war, dragons, gods, sex, homosexuality, nudity, and sorcery.

And
PATRIARCHY!

:chuckle:

Glad to see he got what was coming to him. Banned!

And what have I been doing to 'get whats coming to me', exactly?

Do you understand the difference between 'breaking rules' and 'having a different opinion or belief'?

I don't think you do. I don't think half of you do, honestly. You're one of those who never has anything of value to say other than bald insults. And at that, you don't even think them through- most of the time it's just stupid.

He should know better than to post what he posted.

I thought we were all adults here- I simply detailed the link in which I put up. It was stupid for anyone to have banned me for that.

There should be a rule against reporting posts out of spite, because one wants to get some type of revenge on another person or try to get them banned.

That's all fine and well though. There's about fifteen plus posts scattered throughout that I, myself, could report. But it doesn't bother me, so I don't make it a point to consequence others behind the confines of a keyboard. I could have reported Arthur for calling me profane names, a poster who has threatened to try the ban hammer- and based on my beliefs, not the actual rules (point within a point). But as I said.. :rolleyes: