Monica Lewinsky takes cyber-bully fight to TED

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
:rotfl: The other woman? That is funny as it relates to the so-called marriage that Bill & Hilly supposedly have...I think it is more of a business arrangement, and Bill's extra-marital sexual proclivities seem to be part of the package, to call what those two have a marriage is a joke & a sham. :chuckle:

Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous (Heb 13:4).

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Yes ... any woman who has an affair with a married man is the *other* woman.

Does the fact that Bill was also a pig in this situation alleviate Monica's responsibility?

I wasn't commenting on the acts of Lewinski or Clinton per se I was musing at the notion that what Bill & Hilly have is a marriage. Like I said, I think it is more of a business relationship/contract and yes they (Bill, Hilly, & Lewinski) are all morally depraved people.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Somewhat - responsibility isn't a binary yes/no situation. There are degrees of it.

Bill is MORE responsible because he is the person in the marriage. However, Monica was no innocent bystander. The very fact that she is speaking out against cyber-bullying sends the message that she hasn't changed.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wasn't commenting on the acts of Lewinski or Clinton per se I was musing at the notion that what Bill & Hilly have is a marriage. Like I said, I think it is more of a business relationship/contract and yes they (Bill, Hilly, & Lewinski) are all morally depraved people.

Oh. Okay. Understood. It's hard to feel sorry for any woman (Hillary included) who allows herself to be treated like this.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Oh. Okay. Understood. It's hard to feel sorry for any woman (Hillary included) who allows herself to be treated like this.

I don't think it affects her in the least, I also truly don't believe that their relationship is any thing more than a business arrangement or she would have cut Bill loose years ago. The two are codependent business partners as I see it...but, that is just my view of those two. :chuckle: They deserve one another.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think it affects her in the least, I also truly don't believe that their relationship is any thing more than a business arrangement or she would have cut Bill loose years ago. The two are codependent business partners as I see it...but, that is just my view of those two. :chuckle: They deserve one another.

Well, admittedly, adultery is an issue that bothers me. Immensely. While it may or may not bother either of them, it's an embarrassment to their children and also sends them a clear message: ADULTERY is fine.

journey

I blame Bill Clinton for most of the Lewinski affair. After all, he was more mature and the President of the United States. His conduct in office was outrageous.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
[Monica Lewinsky takes cyber-bully fight to TED by Glenn Chapman Vancouver (AFP)] "Monica Lewinsky on Thursday took her freshly launched fight against cyber-bullying to a premier TED gathering known for attracting Internet titans, celebrities and others influencing modern culture.
She spoke candidly of the humiliation she suffered due to a 1998 sex scandal with then US president Bill Clinton
bcyM74oKi.gif
and said her reason for breaking years of silence had nothing to do with politics.

"It is time to stop tip-toeing around my past," Lewinsky said during an on-stage Ted talk during which, at moments, she welled with emotion..." Full text: Monica Lewinsky takes cyber-bully fight to TED Ex 20:14, Lev 20:10

I listened to the whole speech – heard a lot of “me, me, me” – didn’t hear anything about regretting what she did to bill and hillary’s marriage, or the embarrassment she caused Chelsea

poor little monica

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I blame Bill Clinton for most of the Lewinski affair. After all, he was more mature and the President of the United States. His conduct in office was outrageous.

I blame Bill more because he was the person who was married. As far as Monica, she offends me because I do not care for the type of woman who gets involved with a married man.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
I listened to the whole speech – heard a lot of “me, me, me” – didn’t hear anything about regretting what she did to bill and hillary’s marriage, or the embarrassment she caused Chelsea

poor little monica

I would bet Bill and Hillary haven't done anything of this nature together in years. She stuck with him because he was her ticket to bigger and better things without having to earn it like her constituents. Hilldawg failed the NY BAR exam twice, and then Bill (when he was governor of Arkansas) had her take the exam in Arkansas and suddenly she got a great score. Can't fault her for sticking with him simply for the fact that his last name, nevermind all the strings he pulled for her, made Hillary one of the most popular and talked about politicians in recent memory. Think about it: where would this woman be if she hadn't picked the right husband? Odds are high that she wouldn't find herself as the presidential favorite if her surname were Smith. The Clintons don't have a marriage as much as a political partnership, a super close one.

I might be absentmindedly forgetting something, but what one thing has she done to garner this tidal wave of Democratic support she enjoys? Just by coasting off of her husband's economic successes, the boost from public sympathy and her loyalty to Bill after the Lewinsky incident, combined with the fact that women (in general) will always overwhelmingly support her in the same way African-Americans did Obama, she became seen as a great leader and politician. She somehow bypassed political accomplishment through playing her hand right.

I'll give her all the credit in the world for using what she had to get to the top (assuming she wins) in the easiest way possible. That takes serious drive, planning, and (despite her BAR exams) some serious smarts. So maybe she won't be woefully unprepared to run the country like I think. If she becomes Madame President then I'm crossing my fingers that she is as cunning and calculating as her unorthodox road to Washington makes her appear

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
I blame Bill more because he was the person who was married. As far as Monica, she offends me because I do not care for the type of woman who gets involved with a married man.

I'm not a big Lewinsky fan either but I have no doubts that any very young woman would have a real struggle resisting the advances of the most powerful man in the world. She probably thought that Bill would pay her back by making her ambitions of a political career reality. You know, making sure she got coveted positions, giving shining reviews, basically making a potential 20 year climb to office more along the lines of 10.

The politician-intern affair is common for a reason. Most get away with it and reap the rewards

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 69% of Likely U.S. Voters now believe the 22-year-old White House intern’s relationship with the 49-year-old president was a consensual one between two adults. Just 22% believe Lewinsky was the victim of an older, more powerful man..." Monica Lewinsky – Consensual Adult or Victim?

Last edited:

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
"A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 69% of Likely U.S. Voters now believe the 22-year-old White House intern’s relationship with the 49-year-old president was a consensual one between two adults. Just 22% believe Lewinsky was the victim of an older, more powerful man..." Monica Lewinsky – Consensual Adult or Victim?

It was obviously consensual. That doesn't take away from the fact that the U.S. President has enormous power. Power is attractive

PureX

And of course as Christians, we can never, ever, EVER, under any circumstances, forgive or forget the sins of others! And especially if they are sins of a SEXUAL nature! Because as Christians, we are, of course, IMMUNE to such sins, ourselves. Because we are forgiven in advance of even committing them!

Too bad, so sad, for everyone else, though! Off to hell they all go! And we say good riddance!
This message brought to you by Committee for Unquestioned Self-Righteousness and the First-Pew-Sitters Of The First Order of the Mighty Superior Christians League.

:chuckle: