Mom writes "goodbye" letter to baby she is about to abort

quip

BANNED
Banned
What am I projecting? I don't understand. :idunno:

Your sentimentalities regarding this fetus and the unborn in general. Including though not limited to your moral views regarding the fetus under abortive circumstances.

IMJerusha

If every conception is a "person" does it not worry you as tragic and awful that most "persons" are doomed to fail as zygotes, that by far most "persons" will strike out after only a few days?
Wouldn't it be rather more likely for a loving God to arrange for "persons" to only becomes present after a foetus has successfully implanted, stabilised and developed?

I tend to submit to God's wisdom in all things including the success or failure of a child to implant, stabilize and develop. Who are we to usurp His authority in this matter? Most abortions, btw, are carried out on children who have already implanted, stabilized and are in the process of development so your question is sort of moot.

IMJerusha

Pregnancies tends be as such...especially forced, unwanted ones.

Forced pregnancies ie. rape or forced pregnancy as in I don't want the responsibility of my action?

Unwanted pregnancies ie. I'm not prepared or old enough to care for a child or I don't want the responsibility of my action?

IMJerusha

Your sentimentalities regarding this fetus and the unborn in general. Including though not limited to your moral views regarding the fetus under abortive circumstances.

That's not a projection but rather a characteristic of Christianity...ehrm, or at least it should be. Some Christians, however, tend to think that sin committed after becoming a new creation in Yeshua is overlooked. Hmm....

quip

BANNED
Banned
Forced pregnancies ie. rape or forced pregnancy as in I don't want the responsibility of my action?

Unwanted pregnancies ie. I'm not prepared or old enough to care for a child or I don't want the responsibility of my action?

D. All the above.

IMJerusha

D. All the above.

In all but one, adoption is a perfect solution. The I don't want the responsibility of my action is not the Godly choice but the selfish, self serving choice that has nothing to do with the well being of the child and coincidentally, the woman. There can be, and more often than not is, mental and physical repercussions to abortion. Selfish, self serving actions are not always good for us.

alwight

I tend to submit to God's wisdom in all things including the success or failure of a child to implant, stabilize and develop. Who are we to usurp His authority in this matter?
Well, as someone who doesn't share your belief in God then why would I, or others like me, accept that, rather than making our own conclusions perhaps based on the physical facts?
Instead I simply conclude that no great human tragedy is going on each and every day and that a "person" becomes an emerging reality over time within a developing foetus.

quip

BANNED
Banned
In all but one, adoption is a perfect solution. The I don't want the responsibility of my action is not the Godly choice but the selfish, self serving choice that has nothing to do with the well being of the child and coincidentally, the woman. There can be, and more often than not is, mental and physical repercussions to abortion. Selfish, self serving actions are not always good for us.

Sure adoption's an option...one of many. :idunno: ...'option' being the paramount term here.

IMJerusha

Well, as someone who doesn't share your belief in God then why would I, or others like me, accept that, rather than making our own conclusions perhaps based on the physical facts?
Instead I simply conclude that no great human tragedy is going on each and every day and that a "person" becomes an emerging reality over time within a developing foetus.

And that's your right. Since I am a believer, I am going to come at this from a believer's perspective.

alwight

"Beliefs" cannot be imposed.
I don't agree, imposed beliefs perhaps don't become the beliefs of the imposed but they can nevertheless be compelled to comply with them, by force perhaps, or suffer the consequences.

bybee

I don't agree, imposed beliefs perhaps don't become the beliefs of the imposed but they can nevertheless be compelled to comply with them, by force perhaps, or suffer the consequences.

"Belief" is what is happening on the inside. This cannot be compelled.
Obedience may be compelled.

IMJerusha

Sorry, Christianity calls for individual responsibility, not corporate representation.