Mom writes "goodbye" letter to baby she is about to abort

alwight

No. Since no one has the authority to say dogmatically at what point of gestation "it" becomes a "he" or a "she" - mere choice, timing and convenience won't cut it - it's either a person from conception onward or it is not.
You are of course entitled to think that and to use your own thinking for any situation that you are personally in charge of, and I'll do likewise with my own. :plain:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
You are of course entitled to think that and to use your own thinking for any situation that you are personally in charge of, and I'll do likewise with my own. :plain:

In other words the only truth that exists is that which you choose to believe...Do you also believe in leprechaun's & pixies?

GFR7

Her letter is a sham ... done to ease her own guilt while gaining sympathy.

Too bad that some idiots participated instead of telling her to step off of her soapbox and just admit she is selfish and felt that her innocent, unborn child would put a crimp in her lifestyle.
I have to agree with you. It was rationalization of her own selfishness (I'm killing you for your own good, see?)Of course liberals cannot get over her "bravery", "act of courage", etc.

Love your new avatar. It is SO YOU, Boo. :D

GFR7

No. Since no one has the authority to say dogmatically at what point of gestation "it" becomes a "he" or a "she" - mere choice, timing and convenience won't cut it - it's either a person from conception onward or it is not.
The worst part of this aborting mother's letter is, she knows, she believes, she experiences the fetus as a person.

Why not, "Letter to my 4 month old baby who I am about to strangle in her bassinette for her own good" ?

GFR7

I hope an ambassador takes the time to share with her the word of reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
So do I.

GFR7

Praytell...exactly how does that work?

Emotional pronouncement perhaps?
Well, think about it. Many women (from what I understand through reading about them and knowing some of them) believe that getting an abortion is simply a medical act: The fetus is a mere seed, not a person. But this woman is speaking to it as though it is real, and she is about to pull the plug. Something off-putting about it. I am not trying to be cruel or to judge, just trying to understand. To me, it seems chilling. That's all I meant to say.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Well, think about it. Many women (from what I understand through reading about them and knowing some of them) believe that getting an abortion is simply a medical act:

You mean like a tooth extraction...I don't think so.

She's having an abortion, she knows she's having an abortion...there's no mistake as to the nature of abortion.

She's just expressing to what 'might have been'...not what necessarily is.

Don't project...it'll save you some stress.

GFR7

You mean like a tooth extraction...I don't think so.

She's having an abortion, she knows she's having an abortion...there's no mistake as to the nature of abortion.

She's just expressing to what 'might have been'...not what necessarily is.

Don't project...it'll save you some stress.
What am I projecting? I don't understand. :idunno:

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
why call her anything other than what she is?

she's a murderer, no different from the mother who drowns her infant child

GFR7

why call her anything other than what she is?

she's a murderer, no different from the mother who drowns her infant child
I tried to make that point, about writing a letter to your 4 month old infant
you were about to kill, but didn't seem to get it across. :plain:

IMJerusha

Yes, facetiously, but only to make the point that it's either always a person without exception, or it's never a person at all. Choosing to selectively label the baby a person, or not, on a case by case basis according to situational preferences is dishonest and wicked.

You'll reject that out of hand, of course.

And the same would apply to anyone who accepts God as Creator of all the universe and everything in it but denies a fetus to be a person. What God put in motion can not be denied without denying Him.

IMJerusha

Unsurprisingly, this liberal perspective views the young woman in question as incredibly brave and selfless, and as breaking the stereotype of the selfish seeker of abortion for expediency's sake:

http://bluenationreview.com/im-getting-abortion-next-friday-reddit-user-writes/

It's not just a liberal perspective but one that denies God the Creator. The liberal and unGodly perspective is also that abortion is somehow a part of women's reproductive healthcare. No one who accepts God as Creator could possibly support a platform that supports this and that is exactly what a vote for a Democrat accomplishes. One might as well just stand up and state "I don't believe in God!"

GFR7

It's not just a liberal perspective but one that denies God the Creator. The liberal and unGodly perspective is also that abortion is somehow a part of women's reproductive healthcare. No one who accepts God as Creator could possibly support a platform that supports this and that is exactly what a vote for a Democrat accomplishes. One might as well just stand up and state "I don't believe in God!"
Agreed.

alwight

And the same would apply to anyone who accepts God as Creator of all the universe and everything in it but denies a fetus to be a person. What God put in motion can not be denied without denying Him.
If every conception is a "person" does it not worry you as tragic and awful that most "persons" are doomed to fail as zygotes, that by far most "persons" will strike out after only a few days?
Wouldn't it be rather more likely for a loving God to arrange for "persons" to only becomes present after a foetus has successfully implanted, stabilised and developed?