Modern Day Pharisaism

God's Truth

Bs"d

From chapter 1 of this page: http://MountZion.notlong.com

"Even the name "New Testament" is not correct: It points to the new covenant that G.d will make with the Jewish people. Paul claims that this is done through Jesus.

Jesus came and fulfilled the old law, he taught us what he wanted us to obey to get into the new covenant, then he died and his blood was shed for the new testament.

Jeremiah 32:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Why don't you tell me how God writes his law on our hearts and minds?

I will tell you how, but I want you to do some searching first and answer for yourself.

Paul says in Hebrews 10:15-17; "Whereof the Holy Ghost is also a witness to us, for after he had said before: This is the covenant that I will make with them, after those days, saith the Lord, I will put My laws in their heart and in their minds will I write them. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more." This is written in Jeremiah 31:31-34; "Behold, the days come saith Y-H-W-H, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah. Not according the old covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, which my covenant they broke, although I was as a husband to them, saith Y-H-W-H. But this shall be the covenant that I make with the house of Israel: After those days, saith Y-H-W-H, I will put my law in there inward parts and write it in their hearts, and I will be there G.d, and they shall be my people. And they shall no more each man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying: Know Y-H-W-H, for they shall all know me, from the least of them till the greatest, saith Y-H-W-H, for I will forgive their iniquity and I will remember their sins no more."

Are we now in the days that everybody knows about Y-H-W-H?----.That nobody has to teach his neighbor about G.d?

Obviously not!

So even the reference to the new covenant, the "New Testament", is not correct."

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."
Micah 4:5

Please answer the question. How is the law written on hearts and minds?

I want to tell you how, but you try first to explain according to your knowledge.

Elia

I could really care less to be honest. I'm not going to convert you and you're not going to convert me. I think it's best that way. You just stay out there in the desert somewhere.

Bs"d

I'm in the holy land of God:

“Therefore you shall keep every commandment which I command you today, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the land which you cross over to possess, 9 and that you may prolong your days in the land which Y-H-W-H swore to give your fathers, to them and their descendants, ‘a land flowing with milk and honey.’ 10 For the land which you go to possess is not like the land of Egypt from which you have come, where you sowed your seed and watered it by foot, as a vegetable garden; 11 but the land which you cross over to possess is a land of hills and valleys, which drinks water from the rain of heaven, 12 a land for which Y-H-W-H your God cares; the eyes of Y-H-W-H your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year."
Deut 11

Elia

Jesus came and fulfilled the old law, he taught us what he wanted us to obey to get into the new covenant, then he died and his blood was shed for the new testament.

Jeremiah 32:33 "This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time," declares the LORD. "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Why don't you tell me how God writes his law on our hearts and minds?

I will tell you how, but I want you to do some searching first and answer for yourself.

Please answer the question. How is the law written on hearts and minds?

I want to tell you how,

Bs"d

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in your opinion.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever."

God's Truth

Bs"d

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in your opinion.

You are only a mocker. I speak from knowledge. You only speak worthless opinions, and your mocking proves it.

Epoisses

Bs"d

I'm in the holy land of God:

“Therefore you shall keep every commandment which I command you today, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the land which you cross over to possess, 9 and that you may prolong your days in the land which Y-H-W-H swore to give your fathers, to them and their descendants, ‘a land flowing with milk and honey.’ 10 For the land which you go to possess is not like the land of Egypt from which you have come, where you sowed your seed and watered it by foot, as a vegetable garden; 11 but the land which you cross over to possess is a land of hills and valleys, which drinks water from the rain of heaven, 12 a land for which Y-H-W-H your God cares; the eyes of Y-H-W-H your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year."
Deut 11

You're in the desert of unbelief. A terrible place to be.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
This article is not intended to cause discourse even though it will.

Having been a Pharisee at one time in my Christian life I am more than qualified to write about it.

a Pharisee has little to no knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, nor do they want to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Their main preoccupation is with the law and what they can do to please a holy God, as though that were possible. The Pharisees in Jesus's day were champions of religion. Some even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. It was all about the law and pleasing God by doing or keeping the law.

When the modern day Pharisee is told that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" they believe that means faith in the law or faith in their ability to please God. It is unconceiveable to the modern day Pharisee that living by faith means to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel apart from the works of the law and religion.

Paul said to the Pharisees, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves into the righteousness of God" Romans 10:3. There you have it in one scripture. The true Christian will readily confess that he has no righteousness of his own because he is a sinner. His righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God. Paul understood this principal when he referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. If Paul taught holiness or obedience it was for the sake of the Gospel. One cannot be a good witness for Christ and his Gospel if they are not living a holy life.

The modern day Pharisee does not care to hear that they have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. They want to know what they can do to reconcile themselves to God by their own works and obedience to the law. To say that the modern day Pharisee is anti-Gospel may be an understatement. There is no room in their religion for the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

When told that all one has to do to be saved is to believe and have faith in Jesus, they will promptly refer you to the book of James where it says "Faith without works is dead". Which of course is true. All that have been indwelt with the Holy Spirit will do good works, but this does not justify the Christian, nor should the Christian trust in his good works for acceptance with God. To say that good works and obedience justifies, is to say that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is worthless. What it comes down to is what are you trusting in? Are you trusting in what you are and in what you have become, or are you trusting in what Christ has done to save you?

Bump... because I'm borrowing this to reply to someone.

:)

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Robert Pate

Having been a Pharisee at one time in my Christian life I am more than qualified to write about it.

a Pharisee has little to no knowledge of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, nor do they want to know the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Their main preoccupation is with the law and what they can do to please a holy God, as though that were possible. The Pharisees in Jesus's day were champions of religion. Some even tithed down to the mint in their gardens, Matthew 23:23. It was all about the law and pleasing God by doing or keeping the law.

When the modern day Pharisee is told that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" they believe that means faith in the law or faith in their ability to please God. It is unconceiveable to the modern day Pharisee that living by faith means to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel apart from the works of the law and religion.

Paul said to the Pharisees, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves into the righteousness of God" Romans 10:3. There you have it in one scripture. The true Christian will readily confess that he has no righteousness of his own because he is a sinner. His righteousness is in heaven at the right hand of God. Paul understood this principal when he referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15. If Paul taught holiness or obedience it was for the sake of the Gospel. One cannot be a good witness for Christ and his Gospel if they are not living a holy life.

The modern day Pharisee does not care to hear that they have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. They want to know what they can do to reconcile themselves to God by their own works and obedience to the law. To say that the modern day Pharisee is anti-Gospel may be an understatement. There is no room in their religion for the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

When told that all one has to do to be saved is to believe and have faith in Jesus, they will promptly refer you to the book of James where it says "Faith without works is dead". Which of course is true. All that have been indwelt with the Holy Spirit will do good works, but this does not justify the Christian, nor should the Christian trust in his good works for acceptance with God. To say that good works and obedience justifies, is to say that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is worthless. What it comes down to is what are you trusting in? Are you trusting in what you are and in what you have become, or are you trusting in what Christ has done to save you?
Bump... because I'm borrowing this to reply to someone.

:)

Exactly as said to you in the other thread where you quoted the above: the Righteousness of Elohim, as Paul speaks of it, is found in the Testimony of the Master in the Gospel accounts and includes the commandments of the Master just as Paul says he teaches. That is the same Testimony and Righteousness of Elohim, from Romans 10:3, which was quoted and referenced by Robert Pate in the post you have quoted above herein, which Righteousness of Elohim you and yours refuse to submit to; even to the point of some of you claiming that there is more than one Gospel, a so-called separate dispensation gospel preached by Paul, while at the same time you say that the Gospel which the Master teaches in the Gospel accounts was only "for the Jews". Thus it is, just as has been said to you so many times before; you shoot yourselves in the foot and cut your own selves off from the Root by denying that the full Testimony of the Master in the Gospel accounts applies to yourselves. And in so doing you refuse to submit to the Righteousness of Elohim which the Master-Teacher received from above, (as it is written in John chapter 3, and expounded in the rest of that same Gospel in so many other places; for his Testimony was not even his own, but that of his Sender, the Father).

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
What Christ brought me was the law of Christ. And His commandments.

[Jhn 14:15, 21
15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments. ...
21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

[Jhn 15:10
10 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.

Without these works any man is a liar when they say they know Christ.

[1Jo 2:4
4 He who says, "I know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.