Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Who are the whosoever wills ?

Who are the whosoever wills ?

Rev 22:17

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Often times false teachers allude to this scripture or one similar to advocate the false doctrine of mans freewill, even though this verse makes no claim whatsoever that men have a freewill. In fact this verse is speaking to them that have a willing heart, or have been made willing in the day of His Power Ps 110:3

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

And just as important this one will be a thirsty sinner, hence the whosoever will and he that athirst must be the same ! Now the word athirst dipsaō means:

I.to suffer thirst, suffer from thirst
A.
figuratively, those who are said to thirst who painfully feel their want of, and eagerly long for, those things by which the soul is refreshed, supported, strengthened

The Idea is like that of David here Ps 42:2

My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Its also a present active participle, and it means those who painfully feel their want for things by which the soul is refreshed. It should be reminded that this is not a natural thirst, but a spiritual thirst, which is indicative of spiritual life !

Its a spiritual blessing to thirst Matt 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Same thing here Isa 55:1

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Not everyone without exception is called, but everyone that thirsteth !

Isa 44:3

For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Now who can be thirsty and craving the Living God except those Born of God, for we by nature do not seek or thirst after the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh/crave/desire after God.

Hence, the whosoever will [desiring] of Rev 22:17 are not those of the natural man, but those Born of God, its an inbirth spiritual persuasion !

Remember the word come in Rev 22:17 is an imperative, a command, so those in the flesh, or with the carnal mind, are not subject to the command of God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Now how can the carnal mind be desiring and thirsting for the Living God, when in fact its enmity against God !

So once again, the whosoever will in Rev 22:17 is one that is Born of the Spirit ! Jn 3:6,8

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Nanja

Rev 22:17

17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Often times false teachers allude to this scripture or one similar to advocate the false doctrine of mans freewill, even though this verse makes no claim whatsoever that men have a freewill. In fact this verse is speaking to them that have a willing heart, or have been made willing in the day of His Power Ps 110:3

Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

And just as important this one will be a thirsty sinner, hence the whosoever will and he that athirst must be the same ! Now the word athirst dipsaō means:

I.to suffer thirst, suffer from thirst
A.
figuratively, those who are said to thirst who painfully feel their want of, and eagerly long for, those things by which the soul is refreshed, supported, strengthened

The Idea is like that of David here Ps 42:2

My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Its also a present active participle, and it means those who painfully feel their want for things by which the soul is refreshed. It should be reminded that this is not a natural thirst, but a spiritual thirst, which is indicative of spiritual life !

Its a spiritual blessing to thirst Matt 5:6

Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

Same thing here Isa 55:1

Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Not everyone without exception is called, but everyone that thirsteth !

Isa 44:3

For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:

Now who can be thirsty and craving the Living God except those Born of God, for we by nature do not seek or thirst after the True God Rom 3:11

11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh/crave/desire after God.

Hence, the whosoever will [desiring] of Rev 22:17 are not those of the natural man, but those Born of God, its an inbirth spiritual persuasion !

Remember the word come in Rev 22:17 is an imperative, a command, so those in the flesh, or with the carnal mind, are not subject to the command of God Rom 8:7

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Now how can the carnal mind be desiring and thirsting for the Living God, when in fact its enmity against God !

So once again, the whosoever will in Rev 22:17 is one that is Born of the Spirit ! Jn 3:6,8

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Amen to the entire edifying post! ☺

Yes, only when a person is Born of the Spirit, does he become one "who is athirst";
and he is the "whosoever will" that takes of the water of life freely Rev. 22:17.

John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying,
If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me,
as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

~~~~~

beloved57

Amen to the entire edifying post! ☺

Yes, only when a person is Born of the Spirit, does he become one "who is athirst";
and he is the "whosoever will" that takes of the water of life freely Rev. 22:17.

John 7:37-38 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying,
If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me,
as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

~~~~~

Yes, men have no control over whether they get thirsty or no, that belongs to God, a built-in mechanism at our creation, whether it be physical thirst or hunger or spiritually ! So if a person is spiritually desiring to come or being thirsty, it is indicative of having been given spiritual life from Christ !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Believe on the Lord Jesus , and thou shalt be saved !

Believe on the Lord Jesus , and thou shalt be saved !

Acts 16:31

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

When Paul gives this imperative, or command, it does not mean by any stretch that he is teaching a condition one must do to get saved, since that would be works salvation, a false gospel. Paul never taught nor does scripture teach that Salvation is the result of what a person does, for that would be a denial of Salvation accomplished for one by what Christ has done for them; Yet the command "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" is given so that Christ's work of Salvation may become manifested, since if a person is in a lost state they cannot believe ! 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

A Lost person cannot believe because they're minds are blinded by satan !

beloved57

Believe on the Lord Jesus , and thou shalt be saved 2

Believe on the Lord Jesus , and thou shalt be saved 2

Again, to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ is a command so that Christ's efficasious Saving work might be made manifested. Thats the Purpose of the Gospel to the saved, to make their Salvation of God evident; for its a fact, men in a lost state of nature and the flesh and yet carnal, they cannot believe or submit to the command to believe because of what Paul writes here Rom 8:7-8

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

If they cannot submit to the Law of God, they cannot submit to God period, which believing does Rom 10:3

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Which Righteousness of God is revealed in the Gospel Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

In fact the word submitted in Rom 10:3, the greek word hypotassō and its the identical word in Rom 8:7 not subject ! The word means:

I.
to arrange under, to subordinate

II.
to subject, put in subjection

III.
to subject one's self, obey

IV.
to submit to one's control

V.
to yield to one's admonition or advice

VI.
to obey, be subject

No one in the flesh, in nature, carnal can believe and or submit to or obey the Gospel ! If we say they can, then we call God's word a Liar !

beloved57

Believe on the Lord Jesus , and thou shalt be saved 3

Believe on the Lord Jesus , and thou shalt be saved 3

Believing following the imperative "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" is not the condition of salvation to do to get saved, rather, it is so that ones saved state may become manifested,making it evident that Christ has saved them and The Spirit is in them ! Their believing also makes it evident that by Christ's death they have been Justified from all things before God Acts 13:39

39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Yes the fact that they were Justified before God before they believed is True because Christ rose after dying for their sins,He rose because of their Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

25 Who was betrayed and put to death because of our misdeeds and was raised to secure our justification (our acquittal), [making our account balance and absolving us from all guilt before God].AMP

Thats True, all for whom He died, by that death alone, they have been acquitted of all guilt before God !

Its actually the same blessed Truth Taught here by the writer of Hebrews Heb 1:3

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

That purging of our sins means this, the word purging, the greek word katharismos actually means:

C.a cleansing from the guilt of sins wrought by the expiatory sacrifice of Christ

And thats what Christ's resurrection gives proof of Rom 4:25, their Justification means they have been acquitted of all guilt before God and His Law and Justice.

Now that said and proved, He did raise from the dead[for their Justification] before they believed on Him.

Understand something, lest you fall into eternal peril, Justification before God, being acquitted from all sin is not the result of our doing, our acting, our believing, or our repenting, of our working, of our calling on the name of the Lord, no none of that, it was an and is an Eternal accomplishment of the Death of Christ for our sins, if indeed He died for us as one of God's Elect, and then it is applied experimentally to all for whom He died by the Spirit of God 1 Cor 6:11

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Being Justified in the Name of the Lord, that is because of His Death Heb 1:3, sooner or later the Spirit of God upon that same foundation,Christ's death and our acquittal, Justifies us with New Life from Christ, so His Justification of us [The Spirit] is evidence and the result of Christ's death alone Justified us !

And it is by this, the Spirit's Justification of us, we are enabled to repent and believe the Gospel of Him that saved or Justified us by His Blood !

Again, Gospel Obedience, believing and or repentance by us is not in order to get saved or Justified before God, but they are evidences that Salvation has already entered into our souls, and this begins the work of assurance in our souls, its the Spirit giving persuasion that Christ hath saved us and Justified us, and because Christ has died for us, by that God is well pleased with us in and by His Son for us ! So Yes, Paul was correct in saying "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" because their obedience to that command would give them assurance/evidence, that they are in a saved state !

Nanja

Again, Gospel Obedience, believing and or repentance by us is not in order to get saved or Justified before God, but they are evidences that Salvation has already entered into our souls, and this begins the work of assurance in our souls, its the Spirit giving persuasion that Christ hath saved us and Justified us, and because Christ has died for us, by that God is well pleased with us in and by His Son for us ! So Yes, Paul was correct in saying "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved" because their obedience to that command would give them assurance/evidence, that they are in a saved state !

So true!

That strong assurance is Faith, and only possible after a person is Born of the Spirit:
His subsequent fruit and gift. It's a revealing, by the Gospel, to those Christ died for,
that they have been Justified by the Righteousness of Christ alone; but not by their
own actions of believing, or obedience to any other works
. This Faith reveals to them
the Truth that Christ alone is their Righteousness.

Rom. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith:
as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

For those elected to salvation, God puts His Law of Faith in their inward parts:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it
in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Is. 45:17

~~~~~

beloved57

So true!

That strong assurance is Faith, and only possible after a person is Born of the Spirit:
His subsequent fruit and gift. It's a revealing, by the Gospel, to those Christ died for,
that they have been Justified by the Righteousness of Christ alone; but not by their
own actions of believing, or obedience to any other works
. This Faith reveals to them
the Truth that Christ alone is their Righteousness.

Rom. 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith:
as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

For those elected to salvation, God puts His Law of Faith in their inward parts:

Jeremiah 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel;
After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it
in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Is. 45:17

~~~~~

Amen !

beloved57

When one is being drawn to God in Christ, as Per Jn 6:44;12:32, this reveals to us that they have been given a heart to come, for they are coming with their hearts, minds, will and affections, which has been created in them by a New Birth, a Spiritual renewal Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

That renewing is effected by the Holy Spirit :

I.a renewal, renovation, complete change for the better, now understand, this occurs before the coming and even facilitates it Ps 110:3. By this the New Heart is made receptive of God's Lovingkindness Jer 31:3 , and the one being drawn is no longer under the control of the carnal mind which is enmity against God Rom 8:7

The one being drawn is not being dragged with kicking and screaming against his will, but is being drawn by the cords of Love as a loving bond servant ! Song of Solomon 2:4

He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

That word brought means:

iii.to bring in, cause to come in, gather, cause to come, bring near, bring against, bring upon

beloved57

He was saved/born again !

He was saved/born again !

Paul spake as a Saved Regenerate person when he wrote Rom 7:23

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

The Law of His mind here must be Spiritual or otherwise then Mind is carnal and at enmity with God and the Law Rom 8:7

hence an carnal mind is not in warfare with itself, but only with the Spiritual Mind as in Vs 6

6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

The Spiritual Mind is that Mind as described here Heb 8:10

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

So thats the Mind Paul mean when he said in Rom 7:23

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

So without question Vs 23 refers to Paul as regenerate having the God's Law put into his Mind by new birth ! The only Mind that can possibly serve the Law of God as Per Vs 25

I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Now the word serve here is the greek word douleuō and means:

I.
to be a slave, serve, do service
A.
of a nation in subjection to other nations

II.
metaph. to obey, submit to
A.
in a good sense, to yield obedience

B.
in a bad sense, of those who become slaves to some base power, to yield to, give one's self up to

But now what does Paul say about the carnal mind and the Law of God ? Rom 8:7

It is not subject to the Law of God and cant be. The word subject hypotassō means:

I.
to arrange under, to subordinate

II.
to subject, put in subjection

III.
to subject one's self, obey

IV.
to submit to one's control

V.
to yield to one's admonition or advice

VI.
to obey, be subject

The carnal unregenerated mind cannot do what Paul said he did and was doing with his mind in Rom 7:25

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Only a regenerate person can say that, and a regenerate person can say:

" but with the flesh I serve the law of sin"

Paul was a saved regenerated person when he said in Vs 23

This Law, as an regenerate saved person still brought him into captivity to the LAW OF SIN which is in his members !

For any to say, even as an supposedly saved person, a believer like Paul, say they dont have sin in their life, they are just what John wrote of here 1 Jn 1:8

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

That actually means they are not saved at all, if the Truth is not in them ! See 1 Jn 2:4 !

And so they cannot be one of those Jesus describes here Jn 18:37

37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

A Person claiming to be saved and claiming the have no sin,is a liar and not even saved !

Nanja

When one is being drawn to God in Christ, as Per Jn 6:44;12:32, this reveals to us that they have been given a heart to come, for they are coming with their hearts, minds, will and affections, which has been created in them by a New Birth, a Spiritual renewal Titus 3:5

5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

That renewing is effected by the Holy Spirit :

I.a renewal, renovation, complete change for the better, now understand, this occurs before the coming and even facilitates it Ps 110:3. By this the New Heart is made receptive of God's Lovingkindness Jer 31:3 , and the one being drawn is no longer under the control of the carnal mind which is enmity against God Rom 8:7

The one being drawn is not being dragged with kicking and screaming against his will, but is being drawn by the cords of Love as a loving bond servant ! Song of Solomon 2:4
He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

That's so important to point out. His drawing is evidence of His Divine Favour
in choosing them before the foundation of the world; that they should be holy
and without blame before Him in love! Yes, He draws them with cords of Love!
Hos. 11:4; Eph. 1:4; 1 John 4:10,19

~~~~~

beloved57

That's so important to point out. His drawing is evidence of His Divine Favour
in choosing them before the foundation of the world; that they should be holy
and without blame before Him in love! Yes, He draws them with cords of Love!
Hos. 11:4; Eph. 1:4; 1 John 4:10,19

~~~~~

Yes, the drawing is actually new birth, and Salvation , Conversion !

Posted from the TOL App!

beloved57

Life the Light of Men !

Life the Light of Men !

Jn 1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

All for whom Christ died, because of it, they have Life in Him, Justification of Life is the result of Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

They have Life as a Result of His Righteousness of One, simply meaning His death, and all that have Life because of Him, shall also receive Light, the Light of Life. Remember Christ's death alone, makes them He died for Righteous or Just Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That word Righteous dikaios is translated in the NT Just 33x:

Matt 1:19;5:45;13:49;Lk 1:17;2:25; and Rom 1:17

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

And there is a Divine Promise made to the Just, for one in Rom 1:17 the promise is they shall live by Faith, all whom were made Just by the obedience of one, shall live by Faith, and secondly the promise is Prov 4:18

18 But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Thats because, they shall receive the Light of Life, which does include the Light of the Gospel 2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

All for whom Christ died, He is their Life [ Col 3:4], and so from Him they do receive the Light of Life, and because He has their Life in Him, He Lightens every man of them that cometh into the world Jn 1:9

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Thats not every man without exception, but every man He died for and makes Just !

The Life they have in Him is Illuminating and emits to them Light. The word Light in Jn 1:4 is the greek word phōs and means:

B.
of truth and its knowledge, together with the spiritual purity associated with it

C.
that which is exposed to the view of all, openly, publicly

D.
reason, mind
i.
the power of understanding esp. moral and spiritual truth

divine illumination to reveal and impart life, through Christ.

The saving truth embodied in Christ and by his love and effort imparted to those He died for amongest mankind, the as many as !

He must give True Light to all for whom He gave His life for ! This included Gentiles, they were to receive the Light of Life through Christ, foretold by the Prophets though not understood by them Isa 42:6

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

Isa 49:6

6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

As you can see it is Salvation Light ! Acts 13:47

47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

beloved57

Life the Light of Men !2

Life the Light of Men !2

Again, the Light of Life was sent to the Gentiles as Part of the Covenant in Christ's Death Isa 42:6. Its stated in Lk 2:32

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

The Light was to actually enlighten the Gentiles, which calls for a work in their understandings Eph 1:17

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

In Acts 26:17-18

17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Hence all this proves that the Gentiles had an Interest in Christ being given a Covenant of the People Isa 42:6-7

6 I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7 To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Now compare the phrase to open the blind eyes here in Isa 42:6 with the statement found of the Gentiles in Acts 26:18

18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

So this Light to lighten the Gentiles in Lk 2:32 is the Light of Life Jn 8:12

12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Thats the same as in Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Now who is that shall follow Christ as described in Jn 8:12, none but His Sheep Jn 10:4

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Because He died for them Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

So they shall have the Light of Life ! Folks its not possible to be one for whom Christ died and not receive the Light of Life and become a follower of Christ !

God's Truth

Calvinism is full of false beliefs. Calvinists do not just believe some will go to Hell (as other Christians believe), they believe that all who are going to Hell are going there because they were incapable of believing in Jesus, and those whom God does save cannot believe either, except that God gave them the Holy Spirit to make them believe. They believe no one can believe in Jesus on their own; and their beliefs come down to that of God creating us without the ability to believe. Calvinists say that they do not know why God chose some people to save and not others. However, the bible tells us why God saves some and not others.

The Bible says people do not believe because the god of this world has blinded their minds.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

People don’t believe because they love darkness instead of light.

“men loved darkness instead of the light because their deeds were evil.” John 3:16.

That is what the Bible says about unbelievers, that scripture is not about everyone, it is about unbelievers. Calvinists say that all, even after hearing about Jesus still love darkness instead of the light, until a special enabling of the Holy Spirit to make us believe. However, that is not what the scriptures say.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we are born without being able to believe on our own. Nowhere in the scriptures does it say we are all totally depraved. Do you want to believe God’s word? On the other hand, do you want to believe man’s assumptions?

God's Truth

gt

What about posts 713-714 ?

Please explain back to me all my points made in those posts, even though you may disagree with them ! Thanks !

If we are so totally depraved that we cannot even believe God, then why does Paul tell us that before Jesus saved him, he had the desire to do what is good, but he could not carry it out? How could Paul have had the desire to do good if he was born totally depraved? How could Paul have said he wanted to do good? See Romans 7:18, 19.

The Bible SAYS there are those who GLADLY do right and REMEMBER GOD”S WAYS, but that we continued to sin against them. That is God’s word! See Isaiah 64:5-6. Why will you not believe God’s word?

Cornelius was not a Jew, but a Centurian, an excluded Gentile, excluded from citizenship in Israel and as a Gentile, he is a foreigner to the covenants of the promise. The scriptures say Cornelius and his whole family were devout and God-fearing. How could this be true about Cornelius and his whole family if God did not yet save them and cause them to be such ways? Calvinists say no one can do anything right towards God until God saves them first!

Cornelius believed in God, feared God, and was devout, see Acts 10:1-2. Though he was a Gentile, see Acts 11:1. Gentiles were excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, see Colossians 1:4-6. God did not save Cornelius yet, not until he heard the message, see Acts 11:14.

How is it that we can show scripture to Lutherans and Calvinists that their beliefs on total depravity are false, but they just continue as if they did not hear or see?

Acts 10:34-35 Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right.

Did you see that? Peter realizes how true it is THAT GOD DOES NOT SHOW FAVORITISM BUT ACCEPTS FROM EVERY NATION THE ONE WHO FEARS HIM AND DOES WHAT IS RIGHT.

Calvinists surely teach that God shows favoritism, favoritism to some sinners and not other sinners for no reason but just because. Calvinists say no man can fear God and do right without first being born again and the Holy Spirit causes them to believe, Calvinism goes against the words of God, for the word of God does not say what Calvinists say.

beloved57

gt

If we are so totally depraved that we cannot even believe God, then why does Paul tell us that before Jesus saved him, he had the desire to do what is good, but he could not carry it out? How could Paul have had the desire to do good if he was born totally depraved? How could Paul have said he wanted to do good? See Romans 7:18, 19.

Please explain back to me all my points made in those posts, even though you may disagree with them ! Thanks !

God's Truth

gt

What about my posts?

Read Luke 7:1-9. There was a man, he was NOT a Jew, but rather he was a Centurian, a Roman Gentile. The Jews said to Jesus that the Centurian man DESERVES to have Jesus heal someone for him. The Centurian was not even a Jew! Yet Jesus said concerning the Centurian, that he had not found SUCH GREAT FAITH EVEN IN ISRAEL. How could the Centurian man have faith yet? According to Calvinists, faith only comes AFTER Jesus saves a person and they become born again. GOD HAD NOT YET ALLOWED NON-JEWS, GENTILES, TO HAVE SALVATION YET.

Here are more scriptures to show that there is no total depravity to all people… Brothers, children of Abraham, and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent, Acts 13:26. This scripture tells us that the message of salvation has been sent to God-fearing GENTILES.

Calvinists say that humans cannot believe on their own without God giving us the Holy Spirit first. They say that because they claim we are so totally depraved that we cannot understand enough to believe in God, or understand anything of God. However, what do the scriptures say? This is what the scriptures say about understanding— Lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths (see Proverbs 3:5-6). We do not even have to have understanding!

Keep in sight of the fact always, that nowhere in God’s word does it say we are born without being able to believe on our own, and nowhere does it say that we are all totally depraved. Calvinism adds to God’s word many times in their explanations of their beliefs. We are not to add to God’s word (see Deut 4:2; 5:32, Prov 30:5-6; Acts 5:25; Isai 8:20; Acts 17:11; and Reve 22:18-19). The original apostles received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures (John 16:13; 2 Pet 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matt 28:20; I Cor 14:37; 2 Tim 3:16, 17). The common people can understand the teachings of these inspired writers. We do not need official interpreters to understand the word, but we should use the word to check out the teachers (Mark 7:14; 2 Tim 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; Psalm 119:105). We displease God when we follow tradition or church laws or any human standard as the source of authority for the church (Matt 15:1-14; Colo 2:8; Gala 1:6-9; Prov 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jere 10:23). The world’s wisdom is foolishness to God (Matt 11:25; Luke 10:21; 1 Cor 1:7, 19-21, 25-27; 2:1, 4-7, 13; 3:18,19; 2 Cor 1:2; Ephe 1:8, 17; Colo 1:9; 2:3; James 1:5; 2 Pet 3:15). We do not have to read books upon books like the Calvinists do to understand and explain their false beliefs. We do not have to learn exegesis and Greek or Hebrew. When did Calvinists stop loving the word of God?

beloved57

What about my posts?

Read Luke 7:1-9. There was a man, he was NOT a Jew, but rather he was a Centurian, a Roman Gentile. The Jews said to Jesus that the Centurian man DESERVES to have Jesus heal someone for him. The Centurian was not even a Jew! Yet Jesus said concerning the Centurian, that he had not found SUCH GREAT FAITH EVEN IN ISRAEL. How could the Centurian man have faith yet? According to Calvinists, faith only comes AFTER Jesus saves a person and they become born again. GOD HAD NOT YET ALLOWED NON-JEWS, GENTILES, TO HAVE SALVATION YET.

Here are more scriptures to show that there is no total depravity to all people… Brothers, children of Abraham, and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent, Acts 13:26. This scripture tells us that the message of salvation has been sent to God-fearing GENTILES.

Calvinists say that humans cannot believe on their own without God giving us the Holy Spirit first. They say that because they claim we are so totally depraved that we cannot understand enough to believe in God, or understand anything of God. However, what do the scriptures say? This is what the scriptures say about understanding— Lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths (see Proverbs 3:5-6). We do not even have to have understanding!

Keep in sight of the fact always, that nowhere in God’s word does it say we are born without being able to believe on our own, and nowhere does it say that we are all totally depraved. Calvinism adds to God’s word many times in their explanations of their beliefs. We are not to add to God’s word (see Deut 4:2; 5:32, Prov 30:5-6; Acts 5:25; Isai 8:20; Acts 17:11; and Reve 22:18-19). The original apostles received all the truth we need to guide us to eternal life, and they wrote this down in the Scriptures (John 16:13; 2 Pet 1:3; Acts 20:20, 27; Matt 28:20; I Cor 14:37; 2 Tim 3:16, 17). The common people can understand the teachings of these inspired writers. We do not need official interpreters to understand the word, but we should use the word to check out the teachers (Mark 7:14; 2 Tim 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; Psalm 119:105). We displease God when we follow tradition or church laws or any human standard as the source of authority for the church (Matt 15:1-14; Colo 2:8; Gala 1:6-9; Prov 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jere 10:23). The world’s wisdom is foolishness to God (Matt 11:25; Luke 10:21; 1 Cor 1:7, 19-21, 25-27; 2:1, 4-7, 13; 3:18,19; 2 Cor 1:2; Ephe 1:8, 17; Colo 1:9; 2:3; James 1:5; 2 Pet 3:15). We do not have to read books upon books like the Calvinists do to understand and explain their false beliefs. We do not have to learn exegesis and Greek or Hebrew. When did Calvinists stop loving the word of God?

gt

Please explain back to me all my points made in those posts, even though you may disagree with them !

Also if you want to know what I believe about mans depravity, see my threads !

Posted from the TOL App!