Miscellaneous and Varied Truth's of scripture!

beloved57

Being in Christ and how !

Being in Christ and how !

To be in Christ, and what does it mean ? Primarily it means to be in Union, that is united to Him and this has nothing to do with anything man does, no act of ours that we perform, but it is solely done by the Sovereign reckoning act of God's Purpose ! Let me explain, as men were in Adam 1 Cor 15:22

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Now consider the being in Adam ! How did those in Adam , come to be in Adam ? Did they make a freewill decision to be in him ? Did they have a choice at all ? What act do you suppose they did to get in Adam, to have been united to him in his federal headship ? I tell you, they did nothing, they had no choice in the matter, for it became so solely by the Sovereign reckoning act of the Divine Purpose, and so it is with being In Christ, United to Him and in Union with Him !

beloved57

Being in Christ and how ! 2

Being in Christ and how ! 2

Now understand something based upon the same premise that put men in Adam at the beginning of time Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth

By the Sovereign Purpose of God, so likewise by that same Sovereign Purpose men were put into Christ before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

They were then by God the Father Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

This choice of them in Him was before they had any being ! Now understand this, because of the nature of being in Christ, by God the Fathers Sovereign reckoning choice, it is in the same manner [if we are believers ] we were chosen to be in Adam, God determined it all for them Acts 17:26-27

26 And hath made of one blood[Adam] all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

And this means specific individuals as seen here in Vs 27 " though he be not far from every one of us"

Also Vs 26 describes how God had already determined everything about them, when and where we should be born, our nationalitie, where we should live See James 4:13, God determined it all, we had no freewill choice in the matter ! We had no freewill choice to be in Adam or to be in Christ. Also there is a third class, they were chosen in , not Adam, Not Christ, but in their father the devil, as his seed , and they had no choice in the matter Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The serpent had in him descendants, that is what seed means !

You and this woman
will hate each other;
your descendants and hers
will always be enemies.
One of hers will strike you
on the head,
and you will strike him
on the heel.” CEV

Nanja

beloved #661
To be in Christ, and what does it mean ? Primarily it means to be in Union, that is united to Him and this has nothing to do with anything man does, no act of ours that we perform, but it is solely done by the Sovereign reckoning act of God's Purpose !

True! This choosing in Christ was all God's action.

Now understand something based upon the same premise that put men in Adam at the beginning of time Gen 1:26

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth

By the Sovereign Purpose of God, so likewise by that same Sovereign Purpose men were put into Christ before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

They were then by God the Father Chosen in Christ Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

This choice of them in Him was before they had any being ! Now understand this, because of the nature of being in Christ,
by God the Fathers Sovereign reckoning choice
, it is in the same manner [if we are believers ] we were chosen to be in Adam, God determined it all for them Acts 17:26-27

26 And hath made of one blood[Adam] all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

And this means specific individuals as seen here in Vs 27 " though he be not far from every one of us"

Also Vs 26 describes how God had already determined everything about them, when and where we should be born, our nationalitie, where we should live See James 4:13, God determined it all[/YELLOW], we had no freewill choice in the matter ! We had no freewill choice to be in Adam or to be in Christ. Also there is a third class, they were chosen in , not Adam, Not Christ, but in their father the devil, as his seed , and they had no choice in the matter Gen 3:14-15

14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The serpent had in him descendants, that is what seed means !

You and this woman
will hate each other;
your descendants and hers
will always be enemies.
One of hers will strike you
on the head,
and you will strike him
on the heel.” CEV

Amen to everything posted!

I believe that the scriptures prove beyond any shadow of doubt that Adam was
the Federal Head of only one Seed: Christ and all those chosen in Him before
the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4 KJV. Only after they Adam and Eve sinned
was the posterity of the serpent added. All according to God's Divine plan and purpose!

~~~~~

beloved57

beloved #661

True! This choosing in Christ was all God's action.

Amen to everything posted!

I believe that the scriptures prove beyond any shadow of doubt that Adam was
the Federal Head of only one Seed: Christ and all those chosen in Him before
the foundation of the world Eph. 1:4 KJV. Only after they Adam and Eve sinned
was the posterity of the serpent added. All according to God's Divine plan and purpose!

~~~~~

Amen, God has truly given you ears to hear ! But notice nobody else is challenging the points made in these posts !

Posted from the TOL App!

Nanja

Amen, God has truly given you ears to hear ! But notice nobody else is challenging the points made in these posts !

Posted from the TOL App!

I believe this is a difficult doctrine for most to even conceive of,
mainly because it conflicts with the teaching of the churches:
that all of mankind was originally in the loins of Adam. So, most,
accepting it as church truth, have never studied it for themselves.

~~~~~

Last edited:

beloved57

nanja

I believe this is a difficult doctrine for most to even conceive of,
mainly because it conflicts with the teaching of the churches:
that all of mankind was originally in the loins of Adam.

Yes, we should be Thankful to God who has given us of His Spirit so that as Paul writes here 1 Cor 2:10-12

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

The Spirit will line everything up in scripture !

Nanja

nanja

Yes, we should be Thankful to God who has given us of His Spirit so that as Paul writes here 1 Cor 2:10-12

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

The Spirit will line everything up in scripture !

That's so true!

~~~~~

beloved57

If God Permit !

If God Permit !

Heb 6:3

3 And this will we do, if God permit.

That word permit, greek word epitrepō :
I.
to turn to, transfer, commit, intrust

II.
to permit, allow, give leave

But let it be known of God's permitting or allowing something to happen or occur, it had to be already according His Purpose and will of decree for it to happen. God's permissive will as it may be called, is still none the less His predetermined will, as any of His Eternal Counsels are, as One Dr Gill acknowledges "that nothing can be done, or come to pass, good or bad, but what God permits or wills to be done; no good things, no actions, civil, natural, moral, or spiritual; no evil things, the evil of punishment, afflictions, the persecutions of wicked men, the temptations of Satan, heresies, and even immoralities. "

The very fact that the writer of Hebrews here makes the statement " If God permits" shows their belief in the Sovereignty of God, and this as it regarged moving on to increase in spiritual matters, Look at what went before the statement in Heb 6:1-2

Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

This leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, going on to perfection, was dependent not on their own will, but God's will !

beloved57

What about Gospel Duties ?

What about Gospel Duties ?

What about Gospel Duties ? Faith and Repentance both are Gospel duties in regards to Salvation,this we do not and cannot deny, Repentance is commanded Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

What did Peter preach here Acts 2:37-38

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

That word repent metanoeō which means:

I.
to change one's mind, i.e. to repent

II.
to change one's mind for better, heartily to amend with abhorrence of one's past sins

Its an imperative, which is defined as:

The imperative mood corresponds to the English imperative, and expresses a command to the hearer to perform a certain action by the order and authority of the one commanding. Thus, Jesus' phrase, "Repent ye, and believe the gospel" (Mk.1:15) is not at all an "invitation," but an absolute command requiring full obedience on the part of all hearers.
To Believe on Christ for all of Salvation is a command of the Gospel Acts 16:30-31

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Again, the word believe pisteuō which means:

I.
to think to be true, to be persuaded of, to credit, place confidence in
A.
of the thing believed
i.
to credit, have confidence

B.
in a moral or religious reference
i.
used in the NT of the conviction and trust to which a man is impelled by a certain inner and higher prerogative and law of soul
ii.
to trust in Jesus or God as able to aid either in obtaining or in doing something: saving faith

iii.
mere acknowledgment of some fact or event: intellectual faith

II.
to entrust a thing to one, i.e. his fidelity
A.
to be intrusted with a thing

This word also is an imperative with the same meaning as above !

So we cannot deny these as required duties in the realm of Salvation, HOWEVER, we affirm them to be duties required to only those who are in a saved state of Salvation ! They are duties commanded only of the saved, those who are presently in the Spiritual Kingdom of Christ, and hence commanded as He is their King and they now reside in His Kingdom, that's why it is also called the Gospel of the Kingdom, because its a Gospel to those who hath been birthed into His Kingdom, or as its stated in Col 1:13

13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Notice that word delivered, its the greek word rhyomai and means:

I.
to draw to one's self, to rescue, to deliver

II.
the deliverer

Note when someone is being drawed to Christ as per Jn 12:32

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

That means they have been delivered, rescued, saved !

Yes, those who do repent and or believe are merely giving evidences of being already in a saved state, having been delivered, evidence that they are in Christ's Spiritual Kingdom by New Birth. That's why those duties , or commands are issued, to give evidence of Christ having saved them, rescued them, delivered them by His death, from the power of darkness, for such only can obey His Kingdom commands ! Repentance is a Kingdom dutie Mk 1:15

And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

beloved57

If God Permit !2

If God Permit !2

The Bible is clear that God does allow, permit, any action of any creature, unless its the consequence of His Own predeterminate counsel and foreknowledge, foreknowledge meaning His previous determination, as in Acts 2:23

23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

23 This Jesus, when delivered up according to the definite and fixed purpose and settled plan and foreknowledge of God, you crucified and put out of the way [killing Him] by the hands of lawless and wicked men. AMP

Foreknowledge also means forethought , and pre arrangement !

beloved57

Who are the prisoners of Hope ?

Who are the prisoners of Hope ?

Zech 9:12

12 Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope: even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee;

Now who are these prisoners of Hope ? They are all those who have been begotten again unto a lively Hope by the resurrection of Christ from the dead ! 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

They are Spiritually reborn sinners, who come to know experimentally they are Prisoners, and prepared to hear the Good News Isa 42:7

To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

Isa 49:8-9

Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;

9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.

The prisoners of Hope are given a good hope through Grace 2 Thess 2:16

16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

BTW If He Loved us , He gives us a Good Hope through Grace, they're inseparable !

beloved57

Reconciling the world to Himself !

Reconciling the world to Himself !

2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Now during the inception of the New Covenant era and Ministry of which the Apostles were sent out to preach the Gospel to all nations Lk 24:47

And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. See Matt 28:19 !

Remember the Apostles were Ministers of the New Covenant or Testament as Paul stated 2 Cor 3:6

6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

And since hitherto the Things of God seem to have always found an interest among the jewish state, a New Emphasis in the things of God began to emerge and be realized, which was that God had a New Covenant People, a Chosen People among the Nations, other than just among the jews in israel Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep [Gentiles] I have, which are not of this fold[jewish fold]: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

One fold or as Paul said Eph 2:16

And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

The word fold as in "and there shall be one fold" Jn 10:16 its the word poimnē and means:

A.of Christ's flock i.e. the body of those who follow Jesus as their guide and keeper

And the word body as in "And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross" is the word sōma and means:

III.is used of a (large or small) number of men closely united into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body

So both the One Fold of Jn 10:16 and the One Body of Eph 2:16 are the same, God's People or Sheep from amongst the jews and from amongst the Gentiles, comprising one fold or body !

beloved57

Reconciling the world to Himself ! 2

Reconciling the world to Himself ! 2

Following up on what was stated earlier, we therefore do understand the world in 2 Cor 5:19

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

That the emphasis is on the fact that God was in Christ Jesus reconciling the world [the Elect Gentiles of the Seed of Abraham Gen 17:5] unto Himself, not imputing their sins unto them, just as David once wrote Ps 32:1-2

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2 Blessed is the man unto whom the Lord imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Ans remember when Paul rehearsed this blessing, the question was rhetorically asked, was this blessedness only to the circumcision or ethnic jew Rom 4:7-9

7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.

8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9 Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

10 How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision, but in uncircumcision.

Now understand something, The Gentiles or the Uncircumcision had always been considered the World Rom 11:11-12,15

11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world or Gentiles, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Now clearly the world here in these scriptures do denote the Gentiles as opposed to national ethnic israel !

beloved57

Reconciling the world to Himself ! 3

Reconciling the world to Himself ! 3

This Gentile Salvation, reconciling the world unto Himself, was absolutely necessary for the fulfillment of scripture, God's word, The promise to rebuild or build again the Tabernacle of David, for it reads here Amos 9:9-11

9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

And of course the Spirit of prophecy applies the fulfillment of the prophecy of the word of God to the Gentiles Acts 15:14-18

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Now notice Vs 16 , this is what Paul means in Rom 11:11-12,15 ! Also lets compare Rom 11:15 with Heb 2:17

Rom 11:15

15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

The Gentile world of His People !

beloved57

The purpose of the law in the old dispensation !

The purpose of the law in the old dispensation !

The purpose of the law in the old dispensation ! Gal 3:23-26

23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

The purpose of the Law given to the nation of israel, was not for all ethnic jews, but for them only which would become believers in Christ, Paul makes that clear throughout the passage by using the plural pronouns us and we, until the Faith be revealed unto them !

So the same applied to the Gentile Elect who however only had the Moral Law aspect written upon their hearts Rom 2:14-15

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law[formally as the jews did], do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another)

So the Law given within israel to the ethnic jews was to serve as a schoolmaster unto the elect jews to bring them to Christ in Faith. God would use the Law in the Hand of the Spirit to effectually teach the elect remnant their sinfulness and need for Christ the coming seed of the women. By the Law were they taught their utter helplessness, and by the Sacrifices instituted they typified the cleansing work of the Lord Jesus Christ and His Blood.

The Holy Spirit was active in that time though minimal and only to the elect remnant, giving them to understand and experimentally know their innate sinfulness by means of the Law, Just like He worked in the publican Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. See Ps 41:4 !

In fact, all whom Christ has died for, which are all whom God provided a Saviour for, He will make and cause them to feel their need for Him as with this publican, and in due time Christ will be revealed to them in Spirit given Faith, and hence, the Law was an Schoolmaster to bring them to Faith in Christ Gal 3:24

24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Was this blessing for the elect jew only ? No, for Paul writes earlier in Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Thats the same Justification by Faith as in Gal 3:24 ! Again in Rom 3:30

Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

God's Truth

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

As we read and study the scriptures, God has been pleased at times to give us certain light and understanding on a particular portion of scripture; and as we feel the desire to testify to that Truth, it at times is difficult in placing it in any given Thread. So I would like to introduce a thread that is designed for varied Truth's of scripture, not really given to any certain subject, but yet its Truth the same.

The first scripture passage i will begin with is 2 Tim 1:9-10

9Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

What death is abolished, and what light and immortality is brought to light via the Gospel ?

Now in a real sense Christ hath abolished even physical death, but that only to be the last enemy to be manifested as destroyed at His Second Coming, when it will be declared 1 Cor 15:54-55,51-52

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

And at His coming, some Saints will have never tasted of physical death, which will indicate the abolishment of death physically vs

51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

But yet, even in this present life Christ by His death hath for the elect of God, hath abolished spiritual death, which by nature they are born dead in trespasses and sins Eph 2:1,5

1And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved )

This being dead, is a death that Christ hath abolished. The word abolished is the greek word katargeō and means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

a) to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency

b) to deprive of force, influence, power

2) to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish

a) to cease, to pass away, be done away

b) to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one

c) to terminate all intercourse with one

Yes, for those whom Christ died and abolished death for, He for them causes spiritual death to cease, He puts an end to it, He annuls or abolishes it. Now How does He do that ?

You have to rid yourself of all manmade teachings first.

You would have to start all over.

You are a Calvinist, and you do not know where God's Truth begins from where Calvinism begins.