Mike Pence needs a Safe Space

Danoh

Perspective is everything, she hit it square on in my view.

Im curious, are you liberal?

A thought...

You're curious.

Does that make you "a liberal."

No. It does not.

And no, I am not a liberal.

Good question.

I tend to practice what I understand the Apostle Paul was practicing when he agreed with the words of a lost person that the "witness" of their observation on a thing he had agreed with was "true."

In other words, I don't hold to the overall views of one side or another, I tend to agree with who ever's "witness is true" on a thing, on a case by case basis.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Are we doing cakes again?
It's a question of false advertising for me, cut and dried.
If you have a cake in the window with a price tag and someone has the dough you need to produce the cake.
Or don't put cakes in the window with price tags.
I guess we'll see the end of writing on cakes because people will keep pushing the envelope of what they can get decorators to write.

problem is, the homos don't want to buy one of the cakes in the window

they want a special cake that sez "Congratulations On Your Perverted "Wedding", You Disgusting Homos"

oh wait

there wouldn't be any problem if they'd take a cake like that, would there?

rexlunae

there wouldn't be any problem if they'd take a cake like that, would there?

Legally, no, there wouldn't be. The problem is, conservatives insist on processing the actual cases inaccurately. Cake-makers retain what you could call editorial control over their creative works, i.e., they cannot be compelled to write a message that they don't wish to write. In the case in Oregon that got so much attention, the shop refused service to the couple as soon as they heard that it was a gay couple, without any discussion of any writing on the cake, which made it a clear case of unlawful discrimination.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Right, it was a cake for a homosexual wedding.

The line is only as significant as you make it out to be.
If you feel this was a intentional goad...then diffuse it by taking the high road and graciously make them a cake to their precise specifications.

The more you complain...the more such cakes will be requested.

So then you hold the same standard for the New Mexico businessman and owner of "1st in SEO" an internet enhancement business that refuses to do business with anyone that supported, or supports Trump? I mean if cake bakers are to be compelled to engage in business with homosexuals against their will, should not this businessman be compelled to do business with people with different political views? Just curious if you are consistent...it is just performing a business service after all, it is only as big a deal that he makes of it, no? or have we arrived to the fact that discrimination is O.K. for this but, not for that?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/23/new-mexico-business-if-you-support-trump-get-out/

ok doser

private businesses shouldn't be forced to do business with anyone they don't want to, regardless of the reason

kmoney

Hall of Fame
So then you hold the same standard for the New Mexico businessman and owner of "1st in SEO" an internet enhancement business that refuses to do business with anyone that supported, or supports Trump? I mean if cake bakers are to be compelled to engage in business with homosexuals against their will, should not this businessman be compelled to do business with people with different political views? Just curious if you are consistent...it is just performing a business service after all, it is only as big a deal that he makes of it, no? or have we arrived to the fact that discrimination is O.K. for this but, not for that?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/23/new-mexico-business-if-you-support-trump-get-out/

I don't think political affiliation is currently a protected class. But maybe it should be?

ok doser

I don't think political affiliation is currently a protected class. But maybe it should be?

it would be interesting to see how it would play out if a business owner refused to engage in business because of a potential customer's political affilaition

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Well, liberals have been decrying that discrimination in any form is wrong so, why should discrimination based upon political/worldview positions be any different? I'll be interested to hear the first liberal defend political/worldview based discrimination being perfectly acceptable, because if that horse is let out of the barn it blows their entire discrimination argument completely out of the water.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
it would be interesting to see how it would play out if a business owner refused to engage in business because of a potential customer's political affilaition

It gas already happened :doh:, read post #112. Get with it man! :chuckle:

ok doser

It gas already happened :doh:, read post #112. Get with it man! :chuckle:

:doh:

I skimmed it and thought you were talking about a hypothetical

now i read it and the primary and secondary links

i'm all for that - as I've said elsewhere, private businesses shouldn't be forced to do business with anyone they don't want to, regardless of the reason

besides, for the little business he'll lose from his trump-supporting customers, he'l probably gain many more in dopey hillary-supporters (or even dopier bernie-bots)

looks like he's getting massive publicity from this too :thumb:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
:doh:

I skimmed it and thought you were talking about a hypothetical

now i read it and the primary and secondary links

i'm all for that - as I've said elsewhere, private businesses shouldn't be forced to do business with anyone they don't want to, regardless of the reason

besides, for the little business he'll lose from his trump-supporting customers, he'l probably gain many more in dopey hillary-supporters (or even dopier bernie-bots)

looks like he's getting massive publicity from this too :thumb:

The guy was on the Tucker show on FOX for an interview where I thought he was treated fairly and allowed to speak but, when the obvious questions came his way he looked like a sour grapes liberal hypocrite on whether he was engaging in discrimination.

quip

BANNED
Banned
So then you hold the same standard for the New Mexico businessman and owner of "1st in SEO" an internet enhancement business that refuses to do business with anyone that supported, or supports Trump?

Yea, of course.

It's a temporary emotional reaction (similar to the cake scenario). The market will dictate matters...he'll soon eagerly accept everyone's money (or perish)..it's what biz owners do.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Recently, Donald Trump used his Big Beautiful Twitter account to complain that his soon-to-be VP got a bit of attention at a recent showing of Hamilton:

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

The Right likes to deride the concept of "safe spaces" as catering to an entitled, whiny generation of lazy Millennials. But isn't the expectation that Pence won't be confronted by dissenting voices as he goes about his life the demand for the ultimate safe-space? Who is more entitled and more fundamentally safe than Mike Pence? A vice president is surrounded by armed guards at all times. And he makes policy that impacts hundreds of millions of people. And he can't put up with an actor making some comments in the friendliest, most respectful tone.

Suck it up, buttercup!

Why should anyone have to suck up being a target on their own time in a place designed to relax and enjoy a show?

Was pence there in any other capacity? The cast member is who needs to learn how to suck it up.