Mike Pence needs a Safe Space

The Berean

i don't understand why the left is just discovering this :idunno:

I remember Trump from the early 1980's when he owned the New Jersey Generals of the United States Football League. He was just a pompous, blowhard, rich guy. Trump has been in the public eye for about 35 years and he never espoused any racist views through all of that time that I am aware of. Suddenly he runs for president as a Repbulican he's and just now a "racist"? He's the same today as he was back in the 1980's just older. This is why I don't take most of Trump's "policy proposals" seriously.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I remember Trump from the early 1980's when he owned the New Jersey Generals of the United States Football League. He was just a pompous, blowhard, rich guy. He's the same today just older. This is why I don't take most of Trump's "policy proposals" seriously.

there was a quote circulating a couple weeks ago - lemmee go dig for it....'

nutz - i'm drawing a blank - it was something along the lines of..

trump supporters like what he says and believe little of it, while trump opponents hate what he says and believe all of it

it was a lot more pithy, but that's not close enough to get it with a google search

ring any bells?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Besides gay marriage what example would you have? Because while there may be some hypocrisy or double-standards in this I think overall it's liberals who are more concerned about "safe spaces".

I'm also not sure the gay marriage issue is about thin skin. It's a moral conviction that they want to see established by their country and they don't want to take part in it. I think Christians who think certain actions make them morally culpable are probably misguided but I wouldn't call it thin skin.

We are morally culpable and we answer to God, not man.

Romans 1:32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yes, the Internet meme generators are going full bore with Trump quotes aren't they? :p I can't beleive how many people get duped by fake quotes. :rotfl:

no, it was a quote by a reporter or a writer or an analyst

it was something along the lines of..

"trump supporters like what he says and believe little of it, while trump opponents hate what he says and believe all of it"

it was a lot more pithy, but that's not close enough to get it with a google search

ring any bells?

fool

Hall of Fame
Trump is being a drama queen. On the overall situation, I can see the argument that it wasn't the time or place to do what the cast did but I also won't fault them too much for taking the opportunity to voice some concerns. I think Pence handled it well.

Trumps Twitter meltdown eclipsed his Law suit settlement from the news.
He is a master of distraction.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trumps Twitter meltdown eclipsed his Law suit settlement from the news.
He is a master of distraction.
He can sure keep a circus going.
But now the ringmaster is no longer on the left.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
no, it was a quote by a reporter or a writer or an analyst

it was something along the lines of..

"trump supporters like what he says and believe little of it, while trump opponents hate what he says and believe all of it"

ring any bells?
This might be something different but I heard this one which I've already posted somewhere on here....

The media takes Trump literally but not seriously. His supporters take him seriously but not literally.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
We are morally culpable and we answer to God, not man.

Romans 1:32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.
I'm not convinced that making a cake means approval.

Danoh

Meaning the online universities for profit plague that has been exposed for what it is - of which his had been one - and their crackdown will now be stopped.

But your response is to be expected.

You can't help it.

You were swindled into your support of him by his bs in your hope of a better answer.

You should have done your homework.

His corrupt financial history is even longer than Clinton's.

And hers was rather long.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meaning the online universities for profit plague that has been exposed for what it is - of which his had been one - and their crackdown will now be stopped.

But your response is to be expected.

You can't help it.

You were swindled into your support of him by his bs in your hope of a better answer.

You should have done your homework.

His corrupt financial history is even longer than Clinton's.

And hers was rather long.
You still think this is about Trump, don't ya.
:rotfl:
I think your scissors are dull and have ripped your patterns to shreds.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm re-arranging your post a bit, putting the middle section first, followed by the other two.

Well, that's because the concept of a safe space is an invention of the Left, specifically the LGBTQ activist community. And the Left has expanded the concept beyond just that. And I actually agree with conservatives that at times it deserves to be mocked, such as when students try to set up a "safe space" that's essentially a public commons on a campus that's off-limits to media who have every right to be there. But the point of this thread is to point out to conservatives that actually, they do much the same thing, and in circumstances much less actually threatening.
I'm glad you see at least some ridiculousness in the "safe space" crowd.

Their views on feminism, and their views on race and Black Lives Matter.

Well, it's not just the gay marriage issue by itself. I have been told by conservative Christians that as a result of gay marriage, Christian ministers were going to be banned from preaching the gospel. I've been told that it's an enormous burden for them to treat gay people as full equals in society. These threats are imaginary. But they seem to spend a lot of time worrying about them. And every time I see one of them spin up about how hard it is for them, I react in what I have to imagine is the same way that they do to all the safe spaces they find so pathetic.

It seems as if you are saying conservatives are trying to form legal safe spaces while they mock and criticize liberals creating safe spaces against certain speech and political incorrectness. Is that close to what you're saying in a nut shell?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not convinced that making a cake means approval.
If it were just a cake, it wouldn't.
But this was a request for a specific decorating of that cake to reflect the event it was ordered for.
So it's not "just" a cake.
While that line drawn may seem insignificant to some, it is not to others.

quip

BANNED
Banned
If it were just a cake, it wouldn't.
But this was a request for a specific decorating of that cake to reflect the event it was ordered for.
So it's not "just" a cake.
While that line drawn may seem insignificant to some, it is not to others.

Right, it was a cake for a homosexual wedding.

The line is only as significant as you make it out to be.
If you feel this was a intentional goad...then diffuse it by taking the high road and graciously make them a cake to their precise specifications.

The more you complain...the more such cakes will be requested.

Danoh

Meaning the online universities for profit plague that has been exposed for what it is - of which Trump's had been one - and their crackdown will now be stopped.

fool

Hall of Fame
Are we doing cakes again?
It's a question of false advertising for me, cut and dried.
If you have a cake in the window with a price tag and someone has the dough you need to produce the cake.
Or don't put cakes in the window with price tags.
I guess we'll see the end of writing on cakes because people will keep pushing the envelope of what they can get decorators to write.