Message to Knight or whoever the cuplrit is:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
that is not perverting the gospel! Now, shooosh!

Yes it is.

You deny what Paul taught. Paul taught there is no longer a difference between Jew and Gentile. Paul taught both are made one new man in Christ Jesus.

You teach there is still a difference, and that one day God has a plan just for the Jews.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes it is.
Show where I tell anyone today that they must DO anything to be saved which would be perverting the gospel. You can't.

Show where I tell anyone today that salvation is based upon anything other than the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in their place which would be perverting the gospel. You can't.

I do not pervert the gospel.

You don't even know what IT is and you accuse me of perverting it. If it wasn't so sad, it'd be funny.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Early on, Peter was obviously preaching a different gospel than Paul in the book of Acts.

Same gospel, two very different audiences (circumcised & uncircumcised)

II Peter was written just before his death in 67 or 68 and long after the 50 AD Jerusalem council of Acts 15 and Paul's confrontation of Peter in Gal 1.

Ok

By the time of IIPeter it would have been plain that Israel had rejected the Kingdom and was fallen.

This is a myth invented by Darby.

In spite of the fact that Peter acknowledges Paul's writing as Scripture, he obviously is still struggling to fully understand the revelation which Christ gave to Paul.

Says who?

Again, you guys claim this, but there is nowhere in scripture that supports this.

It's also plain that the so-called great commission given to the twelve was not the same commission given to Paul by the ascended Christ.

Of course not.

Here is what Paul told the Galatians:

(Gal 1:8 KJV) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

Using the dates you gave above, we know that Peter wrote his epistle to the Galatians many years after Paul said what he said in Gal 1:8

Many years later, Peter preaches a gospel to the Galatians:

(1 Peter 1:1 KJV) Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

So, how could Peter preach another gospel to the Galatians (your claim) many years later after Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preaches another gospel, they are to be accursed?

If what you claim is true, then Peter should have been accursed by the Galatians.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Show where I tell anyone today that they must DO anything to be saved which would be perverting the gospel. You can't.

Correct, I can't.

Show where I tell anyone today that salvation is based upon anything other than the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in their place which would be perverting the gospel. You can't.

Correct, I can't

I do not pervert the gospel.

Yes you do.

You claim that certain people according to the flesh, are different, and that God has a special different plan for them in the future.

That's a perversion of the Gospel. It's a denial of what the Apostle Paul taught, and what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Correct, I can't.
I know you can't and there are over 5,000 posts left to chose from!

Correct, I can't
I know you can't and there are over 5,000 posts left to chose from!

Yes you do.
No, I don't.
You claim that certain people according to the flesh, are different, and that God has a special different plan for them in the future.
This is what I believe about Israel FUTURE! Acts 3:19-21 KJV, Romans 11:26-28 KJV, Hebrews 8:8-13 KJV, 1 Peter 2:9 KJV, 1 John 1:9 KJV
That's a perversion of the Gospel.
No, it isn't.
It's a denial of what the Apostle Paul taught, and what Christ Jesus accomplished on the cross.
No, it isn't. As you can see from the above, Paul confirmed that Israel has a future! And the day of atonement being future for Israel in no way denies what Christ accomplished by the cross.

Are you done accusing me and hijacking this thread?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I can understand why these things are not announced beforehand...but if it were, then people could save to a file any work they think is valuable, I know Chrys gets particularly upset.....
Persons who want to be good stewards of their time and effort probably should be constructing their masterpieces offline and then just copying and pasting them herein. That way they have copies of their posts or related content.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I was shocked to see my debate posts on newsgroup from 30 years ago. Knowing that, I've been taming my tongue. Is there an archive for a deleted yahoo group?

Yes, it is humbling to see one's walk of faith unfolding before their eyes. ;) I shudder at some of the things I have made public sometimes.

If the yahoo group had a web url you could try using that at the wayback machine link I provided to see what turns up.

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There was something I came in find last week that has disappeared. Didn't anyone consider it a matter of simple courtesy to warn what was going to happen and then anyone who chose to do so could have removed anything they wished to save.

Well, the folks at PETA probably took care of those posts for you. Contact them to discuss. :AMR:

For the remainder you could just recapture your summaries from the folks here. Just sayin'. ;)

AMR

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Persons who want to be good stewards of their time and effort probably should be constructing their masterpieces offline and then just copying and pasting them herein. That way they have copies of their posts or related content.

AMR

Or word documents of other posters who try to say "I didn't say it". You use the quote function and copy all of it because it then links the original post. Of course the link goes dead over time with purging, as it should.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Every time I do, you run off and hide, like you did regarding 1 Peter 3, and who Romans was written to.

You keep saying this, like the drive by media. Eventually others might think it is true because you keep saying it even though threads have been started on it.

First is his audience.

7 To all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints:
13 Now I do not want you to be unaware, brethren, that I often planned to come to you (but was hindered until now), that I might have some fruit among you also, just as among the other Gentiles.
They are gentiles in Rome. Gentiles mean those that are not Israel. But they were gentiles that were proselytized to Israel as he says here:

17 Indeed you are called a Jew, and rest on the law, and make your boast in God,

So these gentiles are going to be familiar to the promises made to Israel. They came to God through Israel, exalting her and keeping of the law. What Paul wants to do is share his gospel with these gentiles. His gospel is not the same as Israel’s good news. They have the same savior but a different ministry and mission. They in Rome knew they were to show their faith by their works. They did not have his good news.

15 So, as much as is in me, I am ready to preach the gospel to you who are in Rome also.

The audience is gentiles that were proselytes to Israel, they know of the law and they know they are required to keep it. They are called Jew as a result. And Paul is now ready to share his gospel with them.

You just don't like what he says, so you lie about what he says.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You keep saying this, like the drive by media. Eventually others might think it is true because you keep saying it even though threads have been started on it.

You just don't like what he says, so you lie about what he says.

(Romans 4:1) What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter?

Please explain how these alleged Gentile proselytes had Abraham as their forefather according to the flesh?

musterion

(Romans 4:1) What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh, discovered in this matter?

Please explain how these alleged Gentile proselytes had Abraham as their forefather according to the flesh?

Rom 4:16.

Rom 9:8.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Rom 4:16.

Rom 9:8.

Yes, I understand that those who have faith in Christ Jesus are children of Abraham. If you understood it, you wouldn't be a Dispensationalist.

However, that's not what Paul says in Rom 4:1, he refers to those who had Abraham as their forefather according to the flesh.

That would be physical descendants of Abraham.

It's the same as the Samaritan woman at the well who was a physical descendant of Jacob.

If the Romans were proselytes who used to be pagan Gentiles (Nick's claim), there is no way they could have been physical descendants of Abraham.

You should ask yourself who the Samaritan woman and the Romans were?

alwight

I have been trimmed more than once!
We gotta do what we gotta do!
Like cleaning the garage, the basement, the storage shed!
Lots of stuff no longer useful.
Make room for more stuff!
Why don't the old infractions go too?:juggle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why were hundreds of my posts deleted?
But really, if we have one of them... :plain:

Well you can whip me with a wet noodle. I am a culprit in trimming down the board. Knight asked me to trim it down.
If you need more room I have a number of old threads I'll happily offer up. Give me the temporary ability and I'll chop mine down to about fifteen out of the remaining seventy seven. Not a problem. :)

Outside of a few current ones I'm really only attached to the Class of TOL, which needs updating, Observations, which I could archive if it's problematic, the Interview archive, that I mean to expand with new interviews soon, my hello thread and the Pet Memoriam. I still have old football seasons and Idol threads, a few birthday threads and the like that won't likely be looked at by anyone including me.

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, I understand that those who have faith in Christ Jesus are children of Abraham. If you understood it, you wouldn't be a Dispensationalist.

However, that's not what Paul says in Rom 4:1, he refers to those who had Abraham as their forefather according to the flesh.

That would be physical descendants of Abraham.

It greatly helps to pay attention to the chapter before,

Romans 3:1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?