ECT Matthew 24:30: Question For the Preterists

Arsenios

Once again yer assumptions based on yer knowledge of scripture prove to be less than stellar.

Genesis 25:8 KJV

8 Then Abraham gave up the ghost , and died in a good old age, an old man, and full of years; and was gathered to his people.

Genesis 25:17 KJV

17 And these are the years of the life of Ishmael, an hundred and thirty and seven years: and he gave up the ghost and died ; and was gathered unto his people.

Genesis 35:29 KJV

29 And Isaac gave up the ghost , and died , and was gathered unto his people, being old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.

Lamentations 1:19 KJV

19 I called for my lovers , but they deceived me: my priests and mine elders gave up the ghost in the city, while they sought their meat to relieve their souls.

Mark 15:37 KJV

37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost .

Luke 23:46 KJV

46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said , Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost .

John 19:30 KJV

30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said , It is finished : and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

Acts 5:5 KJV

5 And Ananias hearing these words fell down , and gave up the ghost : and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

Acts 12:23 KJV

23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost .

Most of these transliterate their verbs "expire", except for the one in John, which transliterates "handed over His spirit"... Only John is showing the voluntary nature of the death itself... The others merely are recording deaths...

But more to the point, do you think Christ could be killed on the Cross? I mean, maybe by beheading... But especially when the two thieves were still alive, He laid His life down and died, that no bone of His would be broken...

Do you really think Christ was killed by the Cross?

Arsenios