Man planned to eat murder victim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apologist

BANNED
Banned
2ephesians8 said:
"does scolding me make you feel good about yourself?" -AS

Quite frankly it's not something I normally do, anywhere. So, no. You really desreve a good scolding for those heartless comments though.

He was making fun of transubstantiation, Ephesians. He wasn't laughing at the actual crime itself.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Apologist said:
That sprinkling of the water on the head removes the stain of original sin. Without baptism..in which you die with Jesus...you cannot rise with Jesus into his heavenly Kingdom.
Lies.....

Free-Agent Smith

Apologist, please address the topic of the opening post or refrain from making comments on this thread. I ask the same of you too, allsmiles.

allsmiles

Apologist said:
That sprinkling of the water on the head removes the stain of original sin. Without baptism..in which you die with Jesus...you cannot rise with Jesus into his heavenly Kingdom.

:squint:

right.

Apologist

BANNED
Banned
kmoney said:
Lies.....

1 Peter 3:21

"In it he also went to preach to the spirits in prison, who had once been disobedient while God patiently waited in the days of Noah during the building of the ark, in which a few persons, eight in all, were saved through water. This prefigured baptism, which saves you now. It is not a removal of dirt from the body but an appeal to God for a clear conscience, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers subject to him."

Verbum Domine.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Could we get back to the topic, please?

apologist has plenty of threads to practice fellowhip week on concerning his views :)

MrsHowWeird

I don't think the public needs to hear every graphic detail about her death. I saw the amber alert signs on the highway, I heard the news reports as they were desperately searching for her. I'm horrified for what she went through, and what her family will go through for the rest of their lives. Their grief doesn't need to be on public display. God give them peace.

PureX

So what was the point of this thread, anyway? Was it so we could all sit around and murmer about how bad this guy is? What purpose is there in doing that? Was it so we could all contemplate how bad we human beings can be? But billions of us didn't rape, kill, or eat anyone this month. Nor will we do so next month. Why ignore the billions of good human beings in the world to focus on this one bad one?

Does the fact of this horrible incident bring us closer to God in some way? If so, how? I don't feel it bringing me any closer to God. All I feel is deep sadness for the girl and her family.

So what's the point, here?

Free-Agent Smith

I didn't post the article so her family could relive the tragedy that took place. I didn't even know that they read the threads here at ToL.
I didn't post it for purex to feel closer to God.

I posted it so that it will remind people that we need the death penalty for crimes likes this, not therapy or incarceration. People need to remember that crimes like this can happen anywhere. Know where your children are. Know who they are with.

Now would you like to focus on the article, instead of why I posted it?

Granite

Hall of Fame
The article is tragic, morbid, grotesque, heartbreaking, and sickening. What else is there to say?

PureX

Free-Agent Smith said:
I didn't post the article so her family could relive the tragedy that took place. I didn't even know that they read the threads here at ToL.
I didn't post it for purex to feel closer to God.

I posted it so that it will remind people that we need the death penalty for crimes likes this, not therapy or incarceration. People need to remember that crimes like this can happen anywhere. Know where your children are. Know who they are with.

Now would you like to focus on the article, instead of why I posted it?
Well, I think the lust for deadly vengeance is little better or different than whatever lust it was that motivated the crime itself.

MrsHowWeird

My comment wasn't directed specifically toward your post or to this board. Maybe it's because I'm in Oklahoma that I see an "update" on the story that rebroadcasts the same thing over and over. I don't want to hear about skewers and meat tenderizer any more. I wish the news media could move on and give the family some privacy. Guess we'll watch a movie instead of the tv tonight.

As I reread your post, I do want to say that you make a very good point about knowing where our kids are and who they're with.

Free-Agent Smith

Granite said:
The article is tragic, morbid, grotesque, heartbreaking, and sickening. What else is there to say?
What else is there to say? Death sentence.

granite said:
Smith's got the mentality of a mortician.
I've been accepted to two public colleges and one private college for mortuary science. Got a point?

Free-Agent Smith

PureX said:
Well, I think the lust for deadly vengeance is little better or different than whatever lust it was that motivated the crime itself.
He raped and murdered this girl. Swift justice involving the death penalty would be appropriate, not the lust for deadly vengeance.

Free-Agent Smith

MrsHowWeird said:
As I reread your post, I do want to say that you make a very good point about knowing where our kids are and who they're with.
I am for doing what it takes to keep our children safe, especially in our neighborhoods.

I believe that if the right people see the ugly crimes, eventually more people will stop trying to get therapy for people like Mr. Underwood.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Free-Agent Smith said:
What else is there to say? Death sentence.

I've been accepted to two public colleges and one private college for mortuary science. Got a point?

Uh, no kidding. But all you seem to bring to the party is the sick, twisted, depraved corners of humanity. You got issues, partner.

Free-Agent Smith

Granite said:
Uh, no kidding. But all you seem to bring to the party is the sick, twisted, depraved corners of humanity. You got issues, partner.
I ask that people like Mr. Underwood be put to death. My only issue is against the idiots who try to lessen the impact of these things by taking the focus away from the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.