MAGA

rexlunae

It's not about loving Trump the man, bozo.

It never is. It's always about loving the idea of the leader. The actual identity doesn't matter that much.

Do you think that the North Koreans love Kim Jong Un as they love his father and his grandfather? Weird that three nationally loved men would come in consecutive generations of the same family. The point is to love the leader, because that suits the leader.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It never is. It's always about loving the idea of the leader. The actual identity doesn't matter that much.
It never mattered from the beginning of the founding fathers.
Even some of them were womanizing adulterers.
Didn't stop them from implementing the policies people wanted.

rexlunae

It never mattered from the beginning of the founding fathers.
Even some of them were womanizing adulterers.
Didn't stop them from implementing the policies people wanted.

The Founding Fathers were, by and large, institutionalists. DT is trying to build a personality cult around himself. The contrast couldn't be more extreme.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Founding Fathers were, by and large, institutionalists.
And immoral in their personal behavior.

DT is trying to build a personality cult around himself. The contrast couldn't be more extreme.
Trump is implementing policies that a whole bunch of Americans like.
That's not extreme, that's what the President is suppose to do.

rexlunae

So you cannot name anything in particular.
Nice deflection.

I don't care to. I think you can pretty well assume that there's almost nothing DT says that I agree with.

Still fiction.

But there are many versions of that system that aren't.

The Constitution is relevant.
The distraction of the fictional book 1984 is not.

No, it just isn't. I haven't brought up a single Constitutional issue in this thread, and you haven't either. I could talk about DT's daily violations of the Constitution, but I know the True Believers in his cult don't care.

rexlunae

And immoral in their personal behavior.

Whereas DT is immoral in his personal and professional behavior, as well as criminal.

Trump is implementing policies that a whole bunch of Americans like.

An even larger number of Americans don't.

That's not extreme, that's what the President is suppose to do.

Because, it's impossible to do wrong as long as you are supported by an army of horrible people who you can whip into a frenzy against one imagined foe or another.

Also, you misunderstood either deliberately or not, what I said. I didn't say that Trump's policies were extreme, although many of them are. I said that the contrast between him and the Founding Fathers was extreme.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why is it so important to get people to love DT?

Simple. When Trump's presidency implodes (and it will), it's easier to think EVERYONE was deceived rather than less than half the country. There has been no MAGA, but rather "I am going to make Obama disappear". The longer he is in office, the more obvious it is that this presidency is about Obama rather than America.

While I don't like Trump's serial adulterous lifestyle, I could get past that. It's the treason, incompetency and mental instability.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't care to.
You can't.

I think you can pretty well assume that there's almost nothing DT says that I agree with.
And therefore ....... something :idunno:

But there are many versions of that system that aren't.
The book is fiction.
Try and deal with reality.

No, it just isn't.
Yes, it just is.

I haven't brought up a single Constitutional issue in this thread, and you haven't either.
You bring up fiction instead.

I could talk about DT's daily violations of the Constitution, but I know the True Believers in his cult don't care.
None of the True Believers in the cult of Hillary cared either.
It's called politics.