MAGA Hats And The Easily-Triggered Left

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
from the Irish Times, in which i see more coverage of the right to life march than any of the US msm reporting:

It began like any typical January day in Washington. Beneath the bright blue skies, tourists and visitors braved the icy cold temperatures to walk along the grand National Mall, despite being shut out from many of the museums due to the government shutdown.

The long stretch of land that runs through the US capital has long been the site of civil protest, from Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech to protests about the Vietnam War.

Last Friday, the annual March for Life was scheduled to take place. The pro-life demonstration is held each year in Washington to mark the anniversary of Roe v Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court decision which legalised abortion. The event has gained a higher profile in the last two years following Donald Trump’s election. This year the US president delivered a video message to the demonstrators, promising to veto legislation that “weakens the protection of human life”. Vice-president Mike Pence and his wife Karen walked with the protesters and addressed the crowd.

The rally took place on the eve of the Women’s March, a movement spawned by the election of Donald Trump. Though smaller this year due to internal divisions within the movement and allegations of anti-Semitism, thousands of women still demonstrated across the country, many supported by abortion-rights groups.

But it was not the potential clash between these two groups that caused disturbance. The tension spilled over elsewhere.

As the march finished and the crowds began to peter away, an incident unfolded on the west side of the National Mall on the steps of the iconic Lincoln memorial.

By Saturday, a video clip surfaced online

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/the-boy-the-native-american-and-the-viral-video-1.3769671

did you know that Vice-president Mike Pence and his wife Karen walked with the protesters and addressed the crowd?

can you imagine the coverage from the us msm if biden and wife had walked with and addressed a similar group of pro-aborts?

ok doser

and now, back to the regularly scheduled progaramming, the coverage of insane americans:

Some white people explaining away the racism of other white people to make white people feel better is a constant feature of the Trump era.

There’s something Promethean about the experience: Minorities are lashed to the rock that is America, MAGA eagles peck at our livers all day, then the next day the media tell us that we have to understand the “true” motivations of the MAGA eagles—and then releases them again to peck at our livers all day.

Oh_the_Drama.jpg

Where is the Savannah Guthrie interview of Trayvon Martin? Where is her interview of Tamir Rice? Where is her interview of Michael Brown? Where is her interview of Laquan McDonald?

dude - you want her to dig them up and interview them? :freak:

that's insane

But a white teenager can block a national freaking monument...

it's insane that you think that's what he was doing

I’m a 40-year-old black man.

insane black man - don't be shy - embrace your insanity, relish it, flaunt it, own it

I cannot even conceive of what it must be like to walk around this country with the confidence of a white male teenager.

speaking as a former white male teenager, it was pretty sweet - unless it was a part of this country that was crime-ridden and violent and black. Then, not so sweet

“I had every right to stand there”?

yes, that's the norm in a public place like the National Mall - you have the right to mind your own business and not be bothered by some weirdo banging a drum and howling and yelping like a sick dog

I’ve known that statement would be insufficient to justify my public blackness since I was 9.

funny, the BHI cretins didn't have any problem understanding it

https://www.thenation.com/article/black-children-nick-sandmann-savannah-guthrie/

ok doser

I noticed this morning that Snopes had dropped the ball on Phillips lies about his service

others noticed too

Snopes, Fact-Checker For Facebook And Google, Botches Nathan Phillips Fact-Check

Snopes refused to correct an inaccurate fact-check calling it “unproven” that American Indian activist Nathan Phillips falsely claimed to be a Vietnam veteran.
It’s a proven fact that Phillips falsely claimed to be a Vietnam veteran.
Both Facebook and Google give Snopes preferential treatment on their platforms.

Snopes, a left-leaning fact-checking website given preferential treatment by both Facebook and Google, flubbed its fact-check of American Indian activist Nathan Phillips’ false claim of being a Vietnam veteran.

Phillips shot to national attention after a viral confrontation between him and a group of high school boys from Covington Catholic high school. Phillips, with the help of credulous national media outlets, said the boys mobbed and racially harassed him as he tried to leave the Indigenous People’s March. Video evidence debunked Phillips’s account.

In addition to botching the details of the confrontation, media outlets also inaccurately reported that Phillips is a Vietnam veteran.
(Article Continues Below Advertisement)

Phillips described himself in interviews as a “Vietnam-times veteran” and groups affiliated with him told The New York Times that he fought in Vietnam. Phillips explicitly claimed in a 2018 Facebook video that he was a Vietnam veteran who served “in theater.”

Military records show that Phillips never deployed to Vietnam, though his military service did include a long stint as a refrigerator technician.

Snopes’s fact-check incorrectly labeled it “unproven” that Phillips had falsely claimed to be a Vietnam veteran. Snopes declined to change its misleading ruling despite definitive video evidence of Phillips doing exactly that.

Google placed Snopes’s misleading fact-check at the top of their search results about Phillips’s Vietnam claims.

Facebook also placed Snopes’ inaccurate fact-check at the top of search results about Phillips’s non-existent Vietnam deployment. A blue “Fact-Checker” badge accompanies the post, lending Facebook’s credibility to the inaccurate fact-check.

An emailed statement from Snopes emphasized that Phillips didn’t explicitly say in recent interviews that he was a Vietnam veteran and used more nuanced language like “Vietnam-times veteran.”

In an update, Snopes questioned whether Phillips “deliberately” portrayed himself as a Vietnam veteran.

“It’s difficult to determine at this point whether Phillips has deliberately misrepresented the nature of his service, whether he has been so vague and ambiguous in many of his descriptions (unintentionally or otherwise) that misinterpretations have entered his narrative, or whether he has tried to be accurate but may have just occasionally slipped up in his many, many hours of conversation and sometimes neglected to include the qualifiers about his service that he has used in many other videos and press interviews,” Snopes wrote in an update to the fact-check.

But Snopes wasn’t fact-checking whether Phillips “deliberately misrepresented” his record. Snopes was fact-checking the question: “Did Nathan Phillips Falsely Claim He Was A Vietnam Veteran?” It’s a fact that Phillips falsely claimed he was a Vietnam veteran.

This isn’t the first time that Facebook and Google’s partnerships with Snopes have resulted in the tech giants amplifying misinformation.

https://www.conservativedailynews.c...nd-google-botches-nathan-phillips-fact-check/

ok doser

video of phillips and crew attempting to disrupt the mass at the basilica of the national shrine on Saturday:

3:20 "Uncle Nate has fought for us overseas"

but snopes will accept their claims that this is a misunderstanding :doh:

musterion

I noticed this morning that Snopes had dropped the ball on Phillips lies about his service

others noticed too

Snopes, Fact-Checker For Facebook And Google, Botches Nathan Phillips Fact-Check

Snopes refused to correct an inaccurate fact-check calling it “unproven” that American Indian activist Nathan Phillips falsely claimed to be a Vietnam veteran.
It’s a proven fact that Phillips falsely claimed to be a Vietnam veteran.
Both Facebook and Google give Snopes preferential treatment on their platforms.

Snopes, a left-leaning fact-checking website given preferential treatment by both Facebook and Google, flubbed its fact-check of American Indian activist Nathan Phillips’ false claim of being a Vietnam veteran.

Phillips shot to national attention after a viral confrontation between him and a group of high school boys from Covington Catholic high school. Phillips, with the help of credulous national media outlets, said the boys mobbed and racially harassed him as he tried to leave the Indigenous People’s March. Video evidence debunked Phillips’s account.

In addition to botching the details of the confrontation, media outlets also inaccurately reported that Phillips is a Vietnam veteran.
(Article Continues Below Advertisement)

Phillips described himself in interviews as a “Vietnam-times veteran” and groups affiliated with him told The New York Times that he fought in Vietnam. Phillips explicitly claimed in a 2018 Facebook video that he was a Vietnam veteran who served “in theater.”

Military records show that Phillips never deployed to Vietnam, though his military service did include a long stint as a refrigerator technician.

Snopes’s fact-check incorrectly labeled it “unproven” that Phillips had falsely claimed to be a Vietnam veteran. Snopes declined to change its misleading ruling despite definitive video evidence of Phillips doing exactly that.

Google placed Snopes’s misleading fact-check at the top of their search results about Phillips’s Vietnam claims.

Facebook also placed Snopes’ inaccurate fact-check at the top of search results about Phillips’s non-existent Vietnam deployment. A blue “Fact-Checker” badge accompanies the post, lending Facebook’s credibility to the inaccurate fact-check.

An emailed statement from Snopes emphasized that Phillips didn’t explicitly say in recent interviews that he was a Vietnam veteran and used more nuanced language like “Vietnam-times veteran.”

In an update, Snopes questioned whether Phillips “deliberately” portrayed himself as a Vietnam veteran.

“It’s difficult to determine at this point whether Phillips has deliberately misrepresented the nature of his service, whether he has been so vague and ambiguous in many of his descriptions (unintentionally or otherwise) that misinterpretations have entered his narrative, or whether he has tried to be accurate but may have just occasionally slipped up in his many, many hours of conversation and sometimes neglected to include the qualifiers about his service that he has used in many other videos and press interviews,” Snopes wrote in an update to the fact-check.

But Snopes wasn’t fact-checking whether Phillips “deliberately misrepresented” his record. Snopes was fact-checking the question: “Did Nathan Phillips Falsely Claim He Was A Vietnam Veteran?” It’s a fact that Phillips falsely claimed he was a Vietnam veteran.

This isn’t the first time that Facebook and Google’s partnerships with Snopes have resulted in the tech giants amplifying misinformation.

https://www.conservativedailynews.c...nd-google-botches-nathan-phillips-fact-check/

Snopes doesn't drop the ball, they just lie.

musterion

You just know that somebody, somewhere in the media is angry that that Catholic high school's mascot wasn't some form of Indian. That would have been icing on the fake news cake.

musterion

Leftist Activism 101, from a guy who experienced it first hand

Leftist Activism 101, from a guy who experienced it first hand

The activist approached the students, who were waiting for a bus, the students did not approach the activist. The activist, accompanied by his own videographers, kept walking into the crowd of students until he ended up in front of that now-famous student. Why bring videographers with you unless you are expecting something to happen?

Yet the still photos and tightly clipped videos that spread like wildfire made it seem as if the students had approached and confronted the activist. That was the narrative spun by the activist to the media, which ran with it as if this was a 1960 lunch counter confrontation.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2019/...es-face-and-then-play-victim-for-the-cameras/

ok doser

... now, Phillips has been shown claiming outright that he served in the Vietnam War in a video posted to the Native Youth Alliance Facebook page last January.

“I’m a Vietnam vet, you know, I served in the Marine Corps, ’72 to ’76," Phillips said in the video. "I got discharged May 5th 1976, you know. One of the — I got honorable discharge — and one of the boxes in there, it shows if it was peacetime, or what my box says is that I was in theater. I don't talk much about my Vietnam times, you know. I usually say I don't recollect, I don't recall, you know, those years."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...d-that-he-was-a-vietnam-vet-in-facebook-video

three lies in one clip! :thumb:

see for yourself:

and now, Snopes' version:

... Part of the confusion (over the early reporting) was that CNN’s transcript of their interview with Phillips twice included Phillips’ referring to himself as a “Vietnam veteran.” However, this is clearly a transcription error, as Phillips can clearly be heard saying that he was a “Vietnam-times veteran” (not a “Vietnam veteran”) in the network’s video ...

...because CNN would never deliberately misrepresent a sympathetic character in a story they were pushing

right?

In an older, rambling self-made Facebook video that surfaced after the controversy broke, though, Phillips can seemingly be heard to say (at around the 9:35 mark) “I’m a Vietnam vet, and I served in Marine Corps 72 to 76. I got discharged May 5th, 1976 … I don’t talk much about my Vietnam times. I usually say I don’t recollect, I don’t recall those years”: (video)

But in other similar videos, Phillips described himself as a “Vietnam-era vet” or referenced his Marine Corps service without mentioning Vietnam:(two videos)

In those many hours of interviews and videos, Phillips has made a number of unclear or ambiguous statements about his service that allow for a variety of interpretations (or misinterpretations). In the first Facebook video linked above, for example, he states — in reference to a form related to his discharge — that he left the service in peacetime and “what my box says is that I was ‘in theater.'” He doesn’t say what theater, though, nor does he state directly that he was in fact ‘in theater’ — he just observes that somebody checked that box on a form. It’s unclear whether he garbled what he was trying to say, was being deceptive, or was pointing out a mistake

Snopes bends over backwards to avoid the obvious - phillips clearly says what the transcript shows - no "seemingly" about it

Snopes completely avoids the lie "I got honorable disharge"

and Snopes weasels their way around the fact that they have to admit - their own quote with the weaseling removed "Phillips can ... be heard to say ... “I’m a Vietnam vet..."

the nonsense around "in theater" is just embarrassing and Snopes should be ashamed of their naked bias

but wait, it gets worse (if you used to think Snopes was reliable) or better (if you had always recognized that Snopes was biased:

In a 2018 Vogue article about Standing Rock, Phillips referenced Vietnam and his being “a recon ranger,” but again the statement was ambiguous — he said he was “from Vietnam times” and that “I’m what they call a recon ranger,” but it’s unclear whether he intended his statement to convey that he actually served as a “recon ranger” in Vietnam (which he apparently did not), or if he was using the term “recon ranger” to describe his post-military activities: “I have a relative here who said he’d lead the way and scout ahead for us,” Phillips continued, his voice breaking. “You know, I’m from Vietnam times. I’m what they call a recon ranger. That was my role. So I thank you for taking that point position for me.”

According to Daniel Paul Nelson, a leader in the Lakota People’s Law Project, Phillips’ comments “were taken out of context and [he] actually was referring to the work they were doing at the time on the reservation.”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nathan-phillips-vietnam-veteran/

this is laughable - the fact that Snopes gives it any credence at all absolutely destroys their reputation, as far as i'm concerned

Last edited:

ok doser

and if you needed another reason to hate Bill Maher:

Liberals like Bill Maher pour contempt on Covington kids, despite discredited narrative

“On Friday’s Real Time show on HBO, host Bill Maher tore into Covington Catholic High School student Nick Sandmann, deriding him as a ‘prick’ and a ‘smirk-face’ who has a ‘s***-eating grin.’ He ended up making a pedophilia joke as he cracked that he doesn’t know ‘what Catholic priests see in these kids.’”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/26/liberals-bill-maher-contempt-covington-catholic/

what a disgusting scumbag

notice that he recognizes that they are children ("these kids") and he still feels justified in attacking them

ok doser

The story caught fire by random, same as anything else.

no

so far what we know is that the original video, taken by one of Phillips' entourage, was uploaded to an Instagram account with a misleading (read: dishonest) description of the encounter

the Instagram posting didn't get a whole lot of attention

the video was reposted to a now banned Twitter account that is under investigation

that posting exploded

there's speculation that the explosion was fueled by bots, fake accounts and other techniques that are banned by Twittter, Facebook, etc

ok doser

The "leftist/liberal/feminist/progressive blogs, articles, websites, twitter feeds, etc" are trying to follow Georg Lukács in his call for "Aufhebung der Kultur."

Lukács was a founder of Transformational Marxism and the Frankfurt School. "Aufhebung der Kultur" is German for "Abolishment of the culture," meaning to abolish that Western Culture which came out of the Northern Renaissance and especially out of the Reformation. In the history of the U.S. it was the Protestant Great Awakening Revivals of the 18th century which gave us our version of Reformation Theology. Reformation theology, stresses being born again (John 3: 1-6), becoming transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12: 2), becoming a new creature or creation (II Corinthians 5: 17 and Galatians 6: 15), having Christ in you, which is the hope of glory (Colossians 1: 27) and becoming part of the Body of Christ (Ephesians 2: 16) which is also the same as becoming part of the Israel of God (Galatians 6: 15-16).

Lukács saw that it was this focus upon the transformation of the individual in Reformation theology which gave that Culture of Western Europe and of the United States its special ability to resist being taken over by Transformational Marxism, which is also Marxist Antonio Gramsci's "Long March Through the Institutions." Later Theodore W. Adorno of the Frankfurt School talked about how both Christianity and the Family were the cause of Fascism or Nazism and both must be abolished. Guess what the Left is now trying to abolish?

:thumb:

very few people are aware of the role the Frankfurt school played/continues to play in the continuation of discredited Marxist/Communist theory

ok doser

Which of the following would the rabid left feel justified in calling for their physical harm or death?

How many of the following understand that by wearing that hat, many on the left automatically wish for them to be harmed or killed?

02072017_Trump-Kids.png

24910047_1521693961263103_553286638856137392_n.jpg

3CD7EBA100000578-4192316-Gavin_was_ultimately_suspended_from_his_middle_school_in_the_Par-a-5_1486273917390.jpg

8000852-3x2-940x627.jpg

chckpeas.w700.h700.jpg

Babes-for-trump-2016-Cute-Girl-Trump-supporters-Best-Pics.png