ECT MADists don't follow Paul

Right Divider

Body part
I guess we are to believe that you have the Mind of God that gives insight when reading your Bible? Hmm?? I wonder what translation you use?
You just LOVE to try to sound smart.

Did I say that I had the Mind of God?

You missed the point, as usual.

P.S. Though the Bible does say that we have the mind of Christ.
1Cor 2:16 (KJV)​
(2:16) For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
You don't know what a "dispensation" is, and you don't what "grace" is. You don't know Paul's gospel. Yours is another.
"You don't know..."
"You don't know..."
"You don't know..."

According to you, no one knows anything, since according to you: words in the English have no meaning and we can't believe the words on the page of all scripture even though that's what God tells us throughly furnishes us (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

Danoh

Exactly. Which is why it is important to study the text in the original languages. There's no arguing with the Greek and Hebrew. The reformations of the renaissance came from study of the Greek and Hebrew, in contrast to a tradition that would not let go of the imperfect Latin. But when you study the theology of those that prioritize the Greek, there is very little difference. But the theology between those that rely on English? The differences are endless, because of exactly what you said.

That's why it's not about translation, but about accessing the meaning via the Greek and Hebrew.

Make up your mind - first you agree with moron Tet's imbecilic post that there is nothing objective in what I post, and then you agree with my post as being objective :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame
"...and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister."

Already happened, likely no later than 62AD.

All of you are biblically illiterate and have no clue of the complete inspiration of God through human authorship by the Holy Spirit of Promise.

You Hyper-Dispos are the theological equivalent of an unscooped litterbox.

What a mess....The gospel/good news of the kingdom, is not equivalent to the gospel/good news Paul to which Paul referred, junkie.

"All of you are biblically illiterate.."-Jeff the junkie

Good one, JJ......You don't even know what the term "gospel" means, and you are going to weigh in on "biblically illiterate?" You can't touch me, biblically, Hoss, so save your disjointed scribble.

"the complete inspiration of God through human authorship "-JJ

You don't even know what inspiration is, JJ-and it is not taking a big bong hit.

"unscooped litterbox."-JJ

And Jeff the junkie is going to "school" us on "the Greek," and English," in proper languauage.

Take your seat, you stoned clown....Big Top marches on...

Last edited:

Aletheiophile

You do realize that ANY HUMAN language... even the "original" languages that the Bible was written in, have their OWN limitations when attempting to express the MIND OF GOD, don't you?

Yes, except that the Biblical languages were specially chosen. And the expressive power of individual words requires paragraphs in English. The closest would be something like Erasmus' Paraphrases.

I'm quite confident that God can make sure to get an English Bible into the hands of English speaking people that contains everything that they need and is understandable in English. Apparently you think that God is limited by a couple of human languages.

Are people saved, and do they have a life in Christ via an English Bible? Of course. But are they more prone to error due to English? Of course. It's not necessarily an issue of salvation. And God is never bound. He has already revealed Himself...and He chose Greek as the missionary language. Greek has a great metaphysical depth that the surface level translation simply does not express.

P.S. What do you do when multiple Greek manuscripts are not exactly the same? Flip a coin?

That's actually quite simply addressed. The manuscripts agree on the majority of the text, and most discrepancies are not on key doctrinal issues.

But if you are so stubborn about not needing Greek, then this conversation does not need to go further. Have fun with an ambiguous subjective reading of English.

Aletheiophile

Make up your mind - first you agree with moron Tet's imbecilic post that there is nothing objective in what I post, and then you agree with my post as being objective :chuckle:

Have you considered that I can agree with part of an argument without agreeing with the whole?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Have you considered that I can agree with part of an argument without agreeing with the whole?

They can't ever consider any such thing. They have one mode. Search and destroy according their false gospel that Christ is not the all in all.

They cannot see that the physical body of Christ was of the dust of the ground as the promise (anarthrous) fulfilled. If you were a Dispo (as I was for many years), you understand how deceived they are. I was lost. I'm very concerned that they are, too.

Cross Reference

You just LOVE to try to sound smart.

Did I say that I had the Mind of God?

No! But you do take yourself far to seriously that makes it easy for anyone to presume on you. Better you strive more to be at least a little true to yourself so we know how to be more sensitive. Also in the future and out of courtesy, try to give a headsup when you feel you can't handle your conceit. It will help loads when swallowing is needed.

Right Divider

Body part
They can't ever consider any such thing. They have one mode. Search and destroy according their false gospel that Christ is not the all in all.
More nonsense and false accusations from the "oh so smarter than everyone else PPS".

They cannot see that the physical body of Christ was of the dust of the ground as the promise (anarthrous) fulfilled. If you were a Dispo (as I was for many years), you understand how deceived they are. I was lost. I'm very concerned that they are, too.
We claim the salvation that is in Jesus Christ and you call us unsaved. It might just be the other way around.

Right Divider

Body part
No! But you do take yourself far to seriously that makes it easy for anyone to presume on you. Better you strive more to be at least a little true to yourself so we know how to be more sensitive. Also in the future and out of courtesy, try to give a headsup when you feel you can't handle your conceit. It will help loads when swallowing is needed.
CR, you are seriously one of the dumbest posters on TOL. You can't even quote a post properly.

My perceived arrogance is in your mind. I am not arrogant but direct. It's too bad that you don't like it.

Right Divider

Body part
....The tradition of the church and biblical Judaism to uphold those textual traditions for thousands of years? Maybe that's where I got it. :duh:
LOL, you should put "duh" at the end of all of your posts if that's how your "logic" works.

Yes, except that the Biblical languages were specially chosen.
Once again, explain HOW these languages where "specially chosen".

Your reliance on human traditions proves absolutely nothing.

The Hebrews spoke Hebrew. So why would they ever change the language of their scriptures? Why wasn't the so-called NT in Hebrew as well?

Aletheiophile

LOL, you should put "duh" at the end of all of your posts if that's how your "logic" works.

Once again, explain HOW these languages where "specially chosen".

Your reliance on human traditions proves absolutely nothing.

The Hebrews spoke Hebrew. So why would they ever change the language of their scriptures? Why wasn't the so-called NT in Hebrew as well?

You are not getting my point. You are nitpicking my word choice like you do scripture. I'm not going to discuss this if you refuse to understand.

Right Divider

Body part
You are not getting my point. You are nitpicking my word choice like you do scripture. I'm not going to discuss this if you refuse to understand.
You can't have it both ways. Make up your mind.

You claimed that the languages were "specially chosen". Go ahead and explain what you mean.

You come off as a language snob and then complain when people ask you to support the words that you chose to use.

I guess that it's impossible to communicate in English.