ECT madists and their gnostic gospel

God's Truth

andyc and you do not believe that salvation is by grace through faith. You believe there is work required on your part to save yourselves (contrary to Paul's gospel where God did all the necessary work to save you (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV).

What God has told men to "obey" is not the same from Genesis to Revelation.

Paul received his gospel directly from the risen, ascended Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:11-12 KJV)to us. It is the good news that Christ died for our sins, that He was buried and rose again the third day as the means by which we are saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and you can be when you trust God (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). It was indeed before a mystery (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV) and Paul tells us why (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV).

From the beginning to the end, it was and will always be to believe and obey God.

The thing is, you teach God says it is no more by obeying Him, because according to you, He says to obey Him is not to obey Him!

Nonsense.

His Word is Jesus Christ who tells us the words of God and to do them is Spirit and life.

Obeying Jesus' words did not become death for me.

God's Truth

You want the word of God to be one pot meal, but God went to great lengths that you approve things that are excellent (which you disapprove).

Faith (Romans 10:17 KJV) is obedience (Romans 16:26 KJV).

Asking for forgiveness is testimony that you don't believe you are forgiven (Colossians 2:13 KJV).

Everything you are saying is false. Throughout the whole Bible God pleads with people to obey Him, and Paul has not come to nullify all those words from God.

There are many people who obeyed God and were blessed for it.

God's Truth

Try to obey by fearing God. Can anyone here reading this try it? Start by fearing God. I know you are going to say you don't fear God and that you love Him. However, God says to fear Him. So let's start there. Can you image how powerful He is and how some will be punished by Him? Can you at least fear Him for that? Try it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We have to obey or you have deceived yourself.

Read this again, please:

Spoiler
GT, you obey everything Jesus said to do in the Gospels, or at least you claim to do everything, correct?

Incorrect. When someone tells me that I have to follow everything Christ taught in the four Gospels, first I consider that I am not of the house of Israel, but that I'm, a Gentile, and second that Jesus only came to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and not the Gentiles, and I then can say, "no, I don't have to follow what Christ taught in the four gospels, because He said His message was only for them." Now, that doesn't mean I can't learn from those books, for "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."

GT, I've explained this before multiple times, and it seems that each time you stick your fingers in your ears and yell "blah blah blah." (Or rather, since this is all written, you close your eyes and turn your head away as you scroll past.)

So please read carefully.

Paul says that obeying to obtain salvation no longer works. He never says, nor does anyone else say on this thread, that obedience to Christ is a bad thing or that we shouldn't obey Him.

Spoiler
No, not directly, of course.

But the Bible does, if you have an overview of what it says, show that Paul's message is different than that of the twelve Apostles.

Of course he does.

But how many times do ANY of the twelve call their message "my gospel?"

They don't. Paul is the only one who calls it HIS gospel. Not one of the twelve do such, because it isn't "Peter's gospel," or "James's gospel," or "John's gospel," no, it's "their gospel," the one given to them, the one that they teach.

No, it's not proof of any kind that the Gospels they preach are the same.

Good scripture, thanks for quoting it. But Peter was writing to the diaspora, just like James. He's writing to the Jewish believers (not Christians).

So then why don't any of the twelve call it "my gospel"? It was given to each of the twelve, so why don't each of them say it's his gospel? Because their gospel wasn't given to individuals, but to a corporate entity, the house of Israel, unlike Paul's Gospel, which was given ONLY to him, an individual, because his gospel is for individuals, and not a corporate group.

The Body of Christ is an organism. It has many members, but only Christ is the head of the Body. Paul will not rule over Christians, for he is like us.

But the house of Israel is a corporate entity, a nation, if you will. It will not have one person ruling over it, but each of the twelve Apostles will rule over Israel. They each have an elevated position in the house of Israel. They are not like the rest of the Jews.

Did you see that? You're argument that we are saying not to obey is a strawman argument, because we are not saying it is wrong to obey, nor are we saying that we should not obey.

We are saying that obedience is not required for salvation.

You say that obedience is required for salvation, our argument is against the "is required for salvation" part, not the "obedience" part.

That is spoken by the apostle to the Lamb, and the apostle to the Gentiles.

Apostle to the Lamb? There's an apostle who ministered/preached to Jesus?

James 1:16 Don't be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters.

Galatians 6:7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Why are you ripping verses out of context?

Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone.But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.Of His own will He brought us forth by the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of His creatures. - James 1:12-18 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=James1:12-18&version=NKJV

^^^
That has nothing to do with this.
vvv

Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. - Galatians 6:6-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians6:6-10&version=NKJV

^^^
That has nothing to do with this.
vvv

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints?Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren?But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated?No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren!Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Corinthians 6:1-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians6:1-11&version=NKJV

Stop deceiving yourselves. Start enjoying the Spirit who is given to those who love God by obeying Jesus.

We already enjoy the Spirit simply because we believe in Him. No obedience is required for salvation, only faith.

Those scriptures do not say what you claim they say.

Put your words down and the words of God and those who can see can see they are not the same.

A righteousness by faith does NOT mean we don't deserve it and don't have to obey God any longer.

GT, do you even understand the difference between mercy and grace?

Grace is unmerited favor from God.
Mercy is God's compassion on those who should be rightly punished.

In other words, Grace is getting something that you don't deserve, and Mercy is not getting something that you do deserve.

If you are placing yourself under the law (ie, becoming obedient to it), then if you mess up and break it, then the law cannot show mercy, the demands of justice must be met, and you must be punished for breaking that law.

However, If you are not under a law, you can't break it, because it has no power over you. In other words, all things are lawful, and nothing is unlawful.

By saying we must obey everything Jesus said, you are placing a burden upon everyone to keep what he said as law, and if anyone breaks that law, justice demands that that person be punished.

But the Gift of God is not a punishment, it's a gift, a reward. It is grace, something we don't deserve. Because if we keep the law, and then break it, we must be punished, not rewarded. The law which was to bring life, if it could be kept, has been found to bring only death, because all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory. Death is not a reward, but life is.

That's why God gives grace to the humble, because they recognize that they cannot keep any law, because they will always fail, and break it. It is by God's grace that we are given life, and not by His mercy, which only spares us from the punishment of the law, which is eternal separation from God.

It means we do not have to get circumcised and sacrifice animals.

You cannot find scripture to support this position.

Obeying his words are Spirit and life.

Let me prove it to you.

Who here would like to try it with me?

Let's start by doing one thing that Jesus says to do.

Who here would like to try an experiment with me?

You first. Try keeping Luke 12:33. I dare you.

From the beginning to the end, it was and will always be to believe and obey God.

Incorrect.

The thing is, you teach God says it is no more by obeying Him, because according to you, He says to obey Him is not to obey Him!

Nonsense.

Except that's not what we say.

We say that obeying him to obtain salvation is no longer required.

His Word is Jesus Christ who tells us the words of God and to do them is Spirit and life.

Obeying Jesus' words did not become death for me.

GT, let's say I own a company, and Heir, Right Divider, andy, and you are all my employees, and I tell everyone but you to begin working on a project, but I don't tell you to do anything.

Then you, wanting to be a good employee, decide to start doing the same thing I told the others to do. Do you think I would be happy to find out that you have been doing what the others are doing?

Everything you are saying is false. Throughout the whole Bible God pleads with people to obey Him, and Paul has not come to nullify all those words from God.

No one here makes that claim. Yet another strawman argument from GT.

There are many people who obeyed God and were blessed for it.

And?

GT, you obey everything Jesus said to do in the Gospels, or at least you claim to do everything He says to do, correct?

God's Truth

JR, I will have to answer this later. I started to read what you wrote and you start off by saying you have explained it to me many times. Are you kidding? I have explained it to you more that Paul is not saying we do not have to do what Jesus says, Paul is saying we do not have to do these works of the law:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Think about that while I am gone. Talk to you later.

God's Truth

Did you see that? You're argument that we are saying not to obey is a strawman argument, because we are not saying it is wrong to obey, nor are we saying that we should not obey.

We are saying that obedience is not required for salvation.

That is saying you do not have to obey, you bonehead.

God's Truth

Apostle to the Lamb? There's an apostle who ministered/preached to Jesus?

Revelation 21:14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

Now let's see if you argue about words that don't matter. Are you going to argue about the word 'to' and 'of'?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Revelation 21:14 The wall of the city had twelve foundations, and on them were the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

The verse says "of the Lamb." Why would you use "to"?

to - expressing motion in the direction of (a particular location)

of - indicating an association between two entities, typically one of belonging.

Now let's see if you argue about words that don't matter. Are you going to argue about the word 'to' and 'of'?

I bring it up because you've used "to" several times, and it's bugging me. Blame my OCD if you will.

Right Divider

Body part
No one deserves a gift?
That is CORRECT. Gifts are freely given and are NOT earned.

Rom 5:15 (KJV)
(5:15) But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

That you want to help PAY for the FREE GIFT shows that you insult the GIVER of the FREE GIFT.

Accept it and get saved!

God's Truth

That is CORRECT. Gifts are freely given and are NOT earned.

Rom 5:15 (KJV)
(5:15) But not as the offence, so also [is] the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, [which is] by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

That you want to help PAY for the FREE GIFT shows that you insult the GIVER of the FREE GIFT.

Accept it and get saved!

The Father only gives the gift TO HIS CHILDREN.

Address that!

God's Truth

Wrong. Go read the rest of my post. I won't reply to these tiny one-liner responses of my multi-paragraph post.

I am painfully going through your long posts filled with insults and the same lies.

You keep saying you do not say we do not have to obey, but then you keep going against me for saying we have to obey. Deal with what I said and what you say.