ECT MAD has no clue what "dispensation " means in scripture ! NONE

Danoh

C'mon Danoh, just cut to the chase.

Was the Revelation written before or after Israel's prophetic was allegedly stopped?

I don't need a lecture about studying the study, studying the studier, or studying the studied....just answer the question.

Being that there is the study of a thing, and then there is the study...of study, the answer is that John wrote the Revelation before the Prophetic clock stopped...

You're almost there, Tel - just one more to go :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the answer is that John wrote the Revelation before the Prophetic clock stopped...

Ok...now where making progress.

So, now that you have claimed that John wrote the Revelation before the prophetic clock allegedly stopped.....when did the alleged prophetic clock stop?

Danoh

Ok...now where making progress.

So, now that you have claimed that John wrote the Revelation before the prophetic clock allegedly stopped.....when did the alleged prophetic clock stop?

Nope, I posted that to you for the first time over a year ago, or so.

The Lord foretold what would happen to Israel in 70 AD.

But in Scripture, foretelling a thing is not always the issue of God bringing it about.

At times it is merely a prediction.

As when the Lord foresaw, and as a result, predicted that Peter would reach a ripe old age.

Not only did the Lord not say God would be behind the events of 70AD; but what happened in 70AD neither matches what was prophesied by Israel's Prophets, nor what the Lord had also Prophesied would culminate in His return: the Nation Israel's deliverance from their enemies after His wrath upon Israel through said enemies, followed by His wrath upon said enemies.

As has always been the recurring pattern throughout Israel's long, rebellious history.

Your school of thought didn't sort that out; it hybrid'd it :chuckle:

Your school only thinks it harmonized the various passages.

But all your own system did was put things together in such a way that the seeming inconsistencies it erroneously saw as there, it concluded it solved for through it's Hodge-podge.

Go back to Darby; he may not have had all the answers; but he had been way along on the right track.

Who?

John Nelson Darby.

He had rightly known that there is the study of a thing.

And then there is the study of...the study of a thing.

It is called...Dispensationalism.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord foretold what would happen to Israel in 70 AD.

Which completely refutes your "stopped prophetic clock" theory.

But in Scripture, foretelling a thing is not always the issue of God bringing it about.

Seriously Danoh? You want us to believe that Jesus foretold what would happen to the Jews, Jerusalem, and Judaea in 66AD - 70AD, but had nothing to do with it?

At times it is merely a prediction.

Seriously Danoh X 10.

Now you are portraying God as a spectator at a football game.

God NEVER predicted anything, God knew exactly what would happen:

(Psalm 139:2-4) You know when I sit down and when I get up.
You know my thoughts before I think them.
3 You know where I go and where I lie down.
You know everything I do.
4 Lord, even before I say a word,
you already know it.

BTW, the above passage is a death knell to open theism.

As when the Lord foresaw, and as a result, predicted that Peter would reach a ripe old age.

You're confusing Peter with John.

(John 21:22) Jesus answered, "If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

BTW, John was the only Disciple still alive in 70AD when Jesus returned.
Not only did the Lord not say God would be behind the events of 70AD; but what happened in 70AD neither matches what was prophesied by Israel's Prophets, nor what the Lord had also Prophesied would culminate in His return: the Nation Israel's deliverance from their enemies after His wrath upon Israel through said enemies, followed by His wrath upon said enemies.

God used the Roman army the same way He used the Assyrian army, the Babylonian army, and many other armies, to inflict His wrath/judgment.

Danoh

Which completely refutes your "stopped prophetic clock" theory.

Seriously Danoh? You want us to believe that Jesus foretold what would happen to the Jews, Jerusalem, and Judaea in 66AD - 70AD, but had nothing to do with it?

Seriously Danoh X 10.

Now you are portraying God as a spectator at a football game.

God NEVER predicted anything, God knew exactly what would happen:

(Psalm 139:2-4) You know when I sit down and when I get up.
You know my thoughts before I think them.
3 You know where I go and where I lie down.
You know everything I do.
4 Lord, even before I say a word,
you already know it.

BTW, the above passage is a death knell to open theism.

You're confusing Peter with John.

(John 21:22) Jesus answered, "If I want him (John) to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

BTW, John was the only Disciple still alive in 70AD when Jesus returned.

God used the Roman army the same way He used the Assyrian army, the Babylonian army, and many other armies, to inflict His wrath/judgment.

Yep, I'd meant John.

Ya got that much right, knell :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Once again, for all the Open Theists (Especially the MAD Open Theists).

(Psalm 139:2) .....You know my thoughts before I think them.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

I kinda like this one.....

Isaiah 65:24

“And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.”

Danoh

Another view the actual Acts 9 Position does not hold to - Open Theism.

But all that passage is asserting is that God is able to read a man's heart.

The same is said of His Word...

Hebrews 4:11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 4:13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

And the same was the case with the Son...

Luke 6:6 And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered. 6:7 And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him. 6:8 But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.

And the same was the case with the Spirit...

Acts 5:1 But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession, 5:2 And kept back part of the price, his wife also being privy to it, and brought a certain part, and laid it at the apostles' feet. 5:3 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? 5:4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

musterion

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For example, he will not tell anyone when God restored the years the locusts had eaten.

That's Joel 2:25.

Notice that on the Day of Pentecost, Peter quotes Joel 2:28-32

Let's look at verse 28:

(Joel 2:28)“And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

That tells us that what happened at Pentecost happened AFTER God restored the years the years the locusts had eaten.

When dealing with you MADists, sometimes it's as if none of you have ever read the Old Testament.

musterion

(Rev 2:8) To the angel of the church in Smyrna write:....

Only Bullingerites deny the plain word of God.

Why do you seek to limit God?

If He wanted to write a letter to believers in the future...wait, that's what Paul was doing 2,000 years ago.

So why are you so against the idea of Revelation being written to assemblies that do not yet exist, when one of them did not exist in the past?

Oh. Right. Preterism. Locust-eaten years already restored at some unspecified time and through unspecified means.

Nevermind.

musterion

That's Joel 2:25.

Notice that on the Day of Pentecost, Peter quotes Joel 2:28-32

Let's look at verse 28:

(Joel 2:28)“And afterward,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.

That tells us that what happened at Pentecost happened AFTER God restored the years the years the locusts had eaten.

When dealing with you MADists, sometimes it's as if none of you have ever read the Old Testament.

Your selective quotes will condemn you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you seek to limit God?

I'm not "limiting God", I'm telling you that the letters to the churches were written to actual churches that existed in the first century.

If He wanted to write a letter to believers in the future...wait, that's what Paul was doing 2,000 years ago.

Paul wrote letters to actual churches that existed when Paul was alive.

That's exactly what John did in the Revelation.

So why are you so against the idea of Revelation being written to assemblies that do not yet exist

Do you even realize how foolish you sound?

Ephesus was one of the seven churches. Paul also wrote to the church at Ephesus.

So did Peter. Which is why Peter said the following:

(2 Peter 3:16) He (Paul) writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

Oh. Right. Preterism. Locust-eaten years already restored at some unspecified time and through unspecified means.

Joel 2:25 says the years would be restored, then 3 verses later, Joel 2:28 begins with "AND AFTERWARD....."

Joel 2:28 was fulfilled on Pentecost.

It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your selective quotes will condemn you.

Read Joel chapter 2. The whole chapter.

Then read Acts 2. The whole chapter.

To claim the repaying of the years the locust's ate is still yet future is impossible when looking at the chronology of Joel chapter 2, when we know the last five verses were fulfilled in 30AD.

7Spirits

BANNED
Banned
Read Joel chapter 2. The whole chapter.

Then read Acts 2. The whole chapter.

To claim the repaying of the years the locust's ate is still yet future is impossible when looking at the chronology of Joel chapter 2, when we know the last five verses were fulfilled in 30AD.

Really?

Joel 3:2 reads that God is Judging the Nations that harmed Israel. You are being enormously deceptive in your usage of Scripture.

"I will gather all the nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. And I will enter into judgment with them there, on behalf of my people and my heritage Israel, because they have scattered them among the nations and have divided up my land,"

How is th Destrucion of the Temple tied to this?

I know you'll have an answer, but what's different from you and any other 300 A.D. Shift in theology cult?

Oh, you didn't know? The early church, 100 AD EARLY counted it heresy to to teach anything but "pre-millennial" interpretation, rooted in Dispensational understand. Why? Because the Apostles taught it so!

Do the research... Thou follower of Jesuit Luis de Alcasar (1554–1613).

musterion

I'm not "limiting God", I'm telling you that the letters to the churches were written to actual churches that existed in the first century.

Post the archaeological evidence you say exists that proves an Acts-era assembly existed in Smyrna. The Bible says nothing about one.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Post the archaeological evidence you say exists that proves an Acts-era assembly existed in Smyrna. The Bible says nothing about one.

Revelation chapter 2 makes it clear there was a church there.

What's going to be your excuse for the other 6 churches?

You're Exhibit A for someone desperately trying to defend the false teachings of E.W. Bullinger.