ECT MAD has no clue what "dispensation " means in scripture ! NONE

whitestone

(John 1:17) For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

How did John know that grace came through Jesus Christ, many years before Paul?

lol, Hey that's pretty good presupposing that everyone would think John,1John the Rev. ect were all written before any of Paul's.

Answer this,

In the Gospels the name of the one who cut the ear off the servant is left ambiguous(not stated) but in John it is,, do you think that the writers were protecting the one who cut it off because he was still alive and John did not because he was not and so it would not put Peter in jeopardy?

And,

What do you think the chances are that John was fully aware of who and what the Antichrist is in some books and then needs to have it revealed to him in Revelation 17 as if he had forgotten(warning trick ?)?

whitestone

So who wrote first? Peter speaks of Paul as if he 2 Peter 3:15 KJV was writing after Paul had written. Luke states many had written Luke 1:1 KJV but we know this is after Paul,,,

Now just exactly when did John write before of after Paul?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
lol, Hey that's pretty good presupposing that everyone would think John,1John the Rev. ect were all written before any of Paul's.

You're assuming it's the same John who wrote all three.

Answer this,

In the Gospels the name of the one who cut the ear off the servant is left ambiguous(not stated) but in John it is,, do you think that the writers were protecting the one who cut it off because he was still alive and John did not because he was not and so it would not put Peter in jeopardy?

John's not one of the synoptic gospels. Lot's of things are different in John, than the other three.

What do you think the chances are that John was fully aware of who and what the Antichrist is in some books and then needs to have it revealed to him in Revelation 17 as if he had forgotten(warning trick ?)?

Again, you're assuming it was the same John who wrote John, 1 John, and Revelation.

Also, even if it was the same John, you're assuming Revelation was written last.

Lot's of assumptions by you.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now just exactly when did John write before of after Paul?

Putting aside the possibility that there could have been three different Johns, I believe Paul referenced the John who wrote the Revelation in the following:

(2 Cor 12:2) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know--God knows.

If we do the math, it puts John writing before Paul.

whitestone

You're assuming it's the same John who wrote all three.

John's not one of the synoptic gospels. Lot's of things are different in John, than the other three.

Again, you're assuming it was the same John who wrote John, 1 John, and Revelation.

Also, even if it was the same John, you're assuming Revelation was written last.

Lot's of assumptions by you.

Justin martyr is correct in the fact that the devil did not know his own sentence and so he spoke through the serpent to conceal his identity.

Tell your deddy to log in if you are not willing to address the scriptures I gave as proof. The issue is that you said John said this first and you cannot prove it. To the contrary i have given several proof and scriptures to show which ever John you are confused by today wrote "after Paul",and you cannot defend your position that John spoke of grace before Paul. scroll back up to where you stated that John spoke of grace before Paul or send your deddy to do it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The issue is that you said John said this first and you cannot prove it. To the contrary i have given several proof and scriptures to show which ever John you are confused by today wrote "after Paul",and you cannot defend your position that John spoke of grace before Paul.

LOL...you gave a verse from Peter, and that somehow "proves" that John wrote after Paul?

scroll back up to where you stated that John spoke of grace before Paul or send your deddy to do it.

It really bugs you Darby Followers when you guys find out Paul wasn't the first for many things.

whitestone

LOL...you gave a verse from Peter, and that somehow "proves" that John wrote after Paul?

It really bugs you Darby Followers when you guys find out Paul wasn't the first for many things.

ok dance for a while and we will watch and then you can start proving the things your deddy said to say,,,

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most Dispies claim that Paul was the first to teach things kept secret since the foundation of the world.

That's not true either. It was Christ Jesus who first did it:

(Matt 13:35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

whitestone

Most Dispies claim that Paul was the first to teach things kept secret since the foundation of the world.

That's not true either. It was Christ Jesus who first did it:

(Matt 13:35) That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

see if you can focus on John speaking of grace before Paul,,,if you can...

whitestone

(John 1:17) For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

How did John know that grace came through Jesus Christ, many years before Paul?

ok I'll give a little help here's the link ...

You said John spoke of grace first. Then I said the things I said across the several post, your suppose to be proving what you said in post #196 but were unclear if you cannot or are avoiding it...

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What gospel did the Twelve preach at Luke 9:6?

If Peter was given the dispensation to preach the gospel of grace then why didn't he preach it on the day of of Pentecost?

He did.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
ok I'll give a little help here's the link ...

You said John spoke of grace first. Then I said the things I said across the several post, your suppose to be proving what you said in post #196 but were unclear if you cannot or are avoiding it...

(Gal 2:9) James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

Interplanner

He did.

Act 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
Act 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
Act 2:19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Act 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
Act 2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Act 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Act 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Act 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Act 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Act 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Act 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Act 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Act 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Act 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 2:39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
Act 2:40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
Act 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.
Act 2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
Act 2:43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
Act 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
Act 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
Act 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart,
Act 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Act 15:7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe.
Act 15:8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
Act 15:9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.
Act 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?
Act 15:11 But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

LA

some can't recognize grace unless it bites them, or unless an airplane is flying overhead with a banner trailing behind.

whitestone

some can't recognize grace unless it bites them, or unless an airplane is flying overhead with a banner trailing behind.

your correct,Peter(Acts 11:12 KJV) did not recognize it at first nor did the others of the circumcision (Acts 10:45 KJV) nor did certian men from Judea (Acts 15:1 KJV) nor those who believed of the sect of the Pharisees (Acts 15:5 KJV) then even afterwards the "apostles and the elders",(Acts 15:6 KJV) considered the very matter because they were unclear of it. And then afterwards as we well know Peter makes that statement in (Acts 15:11 KJV) isn’t that strange how this all actually took place in scripture where they all gathered to consider something Paul already fully understood?

And isn’t it odd that contrary to how some believe it doesn’t mention all this being considered over John teaching this but instead Paul?

Last edited:

Danoh

Stam was just as confused as you are.

" Five of these dispensations, or periods of time, have been fulfilled; we are living in the sixth, probably toward its close, and have before us the seventh, and last: the millennium."
Cyrus Scofield

Like I said before, the only thing more funny than a Darby Follower who denies Darby, is the Darby follower who tries to argue that dispensations are not periods of time.

Dispensationalism is a mess.

Note Tel's obvious incompetence in the above.

He asserts Acts 9 Dispensationalist: Stam was confused.

Tel's supposed evidence?

What Acts 2 Dispensationalist: Scofield had implied - as erroneously as Tel himself has just now asserted - that Dispensations are time periods.

Which, by Tel's often asserted illogic; Tel has just called himself "a Scofield follower."

Tel is that incompetent.

And the fact is that a Dispensation is not a period of time.

Rather, it refers to that which is doled out, given out, or dispensed.

The Lord Himself defines it as that through those words on this very issue that He gave the Apostle Paul to describe to it as such by how he had had him use said words.

Notice...

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Here, the prior verse identifies what said Dispensation given or dispensed to Paul to give or dispense to others, had been - the Dispensation of the Grace of God given or dispensed to Paul, to give or dispense to others.

Period of time?

A spigot will dispense a dispensation of water into a container.

But how long that may be will not be determined by the word Dispensation.

Rather, by the size of that container...

And by the water pressure, quantity and speed of that water being dispensed by said spigot, as determined by whom ever set up the rate and pressure by which that spigot would dispense said Dispensation of water.

Thus, a Dispensation - that which is dispensed - takes place within a time period; but said period of time is not what a Dispensation is.

Again, Tel is a good example of his error.

Just look at how long a period of time it continues to be before one can finally say one day, if ever; that Tel has finally Dispensed with, both his obvious incompetence, and it's resulting Dispensation of error.

Lol - apparantly, not only has a kind of a Dispensation - of error - been dispensed "committed...given unto" (by Tel, to himself by his own incompetence), but it's "period of time" or duration is anyone's guess.

Last edited: