ECT MAD has no clue what "dispensation " means in scripture ! NONE

Danoh

That's not what the verse says

(John 1:11 KJV) He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Christ Jesus was a Jew from the line of Judah. It was the Jews who rejected Him.

The lost sheep of the House of Israel were not Jews. That's who Jesus said He came for.

So, He was a Jew, Who came unto His Own: Jews, who rejected Him.

But actually, He did not come unto His Own, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Better take your meds, Tel: you'll soon be writing "Darby!!!" on your arms with a pen knife :chuckle:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, He was a Jew, Who came unto His Own: Jews, who rejected Him.

But actually, He did not come unto His Own, but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Better take your meds, Tel: you'll soon be writing "Darby!!!" on your arms with a pen knife :chuckle:

Not my fault you don't understand it.

The lost sheep from the house of Israel were never Jews.

The Jews rejected, and killed Jesus, not the lost sheep from the House of Israel.

As long as you remain blind to the fact that the 10 tribes were never Jews, you will never understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danoh

Not my fault you don't understand it.

The lost sheep from the house of Israel were never Jews.

The Jews rejected, and killed Jesus, not the lost sheep from the House of Israel.

As long as you remain blind to the fact that the 10 tribes were never Jews, you will never understand it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps...

At the same time...

It is ever as much on the person asserting a thing to strive to be clearer in his or her assertion to another, as it is to said other, to strive to understand what said other had actually meant.

But as with most, you are forever stuck conclusions like "correct" and "wrong."

It is from that that so many end up blaming the other side - from what is too often also one's own poor choice in wording when attempting to communicate one's own understanding on one thing or another to someone.

You well know that whenever I find that you and I are in agreement on one thing or another, I do not post the word "correct" but rather the word "agreed."

Thus, your above reply to my post can reflect as much my "failure" in some way, if that was actually the case, as your own...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, but God only divorced the House of Israel. God never divorced the House of Judah.

No, God married one wife (Israel). However, Israel split into two houses, and God treated each house as a wife, and each as sisters.

Read Ezekiel 23. Oholah, and her sister Oholibah represent Israel and Judah.

He didn't. See above.

Yes. No man separated the House of Israel, it was God who divorced her.

(Jer 3:8) I gave faithless Israel her certificate of divorce and sent her away because of all her adulteries. .....

That has to do with the judgment on Babylon.

Babylon was punished for what they did to Judah and Israel.
Jeremiah was concerned with all of Israel & Judah everywhere, not just in Babylon.

Jeremiah 23 KJV
(3) And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

(6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
(7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
(8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

musterion

Ah, but the destruction of Jerusalem, that's -- that's where I had them! They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic and allegorical percision, that Josephus was right! I -- I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officer, no doubt that Lt. Darby.

Cap'n Tet,
The Tet Mutiny

SaulToPaul 2

Jeremiah was concerned with all of Israel & Judah everywhere, not just in Babylon.

Jeremiah 23 KJV
(3) And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.

(6) In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
(7) Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
(8) But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

You literalist!

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Correct.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that the two houses were divided. Nor does it take away the fact that God divorced, scattered, had no mercy on, and told the Israelites from the 10 tribes that they were "not a people".

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I know.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that the two houses were divided.
Sure does't.
Israel was divided.
The BOC was not divided.

Nor does it take away the fact that God divorced, scattered, had no mercy on, and told the Israelites from the 10 tribes that they were "not a people".
Both houses were scattered.
Both will be brought back united again into one.
The BOC was never split, scattered, and has no need for a promise of being restored and united once again as they were before.

SaulToPaul 2

I know.

Sure does't.
Israel was divided.
The BOC was not divided.

Both houses were scattered.
Both will be brought back united again into one.
The BOC was never split, scattered, and has no need for a promise of being restored and united once again as they were before.

Indeed. There were 12 tribes in tact in the first century. Fact.
And they were scattered into every nation under heaven.

They will be regathered when the LORD cometh.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel was divided.
The BOC was not divided.

LOL....you're trying to compare an actual nation with a metaphor.

Do you understand that "body" is a metaphor?

The "body" metaphor is no different than the "building" metaphor.

Both were given by the Apostle Paul. Yet, for some reason, you Dispies obsess with the "body" metaphor.

(Eph 2:19-21) Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.

Why do you ignore Paul's building metaphor, and obsess with Paul's body metaphor?

It's about faith Tam. Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the "body" of Christ. Those who have faith in Christ Jesus are lively stones in the building that has Christ Jesus as the cornerstone.

Danoh

No matter how hard you Dispies try, and no matter how hard you Dispies want it to not be, the fact remains that Dispensationalism didn't exist until John Nelson Darby invented it in the year 1830.

Sure, Tel - just as the law of gravity did not exist until whomever first came along to codify it into a verbal description as a principle...

You have repeatedly proven nothing by your incompetent assertion, once more; other than the obvious fact in words, once more...

That you are...an incompetent...plain and simple.

This fact about you had also existed way, way before I first came along...to put it in words :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8
Prov.27:18

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Sure, Tel - just as the law of gravity did not exist until whomever first came along to codify it into a verbal description as a principle...

No . . what you are really saying, is that no one knew Truth or Grace until Darby came along and reinvented, according to new discovery, Christianity itself!

You have repeatedly proven nothing by your incompetent assertion, once more; other than the obvious fact in words, once more...

That you are...an incompetent...plain and simple.

This fact about you had also existed way, way before I first came along...to put it in words :chuckle:

Well, you just lost the debate by resorting to ad hominem.

:chuckle:

Tet does not deserve your insults. . .

Danoh

No . . what you are really saying, is that no one knew Truth or Grace until Darby came along and reinvented, according to new discovery, Christianity itself!

Well, you just lost the debate by resorting to ad hominem.

:chuckle:

Tet does not deserve your insults. . .

Nope. Darby was not the first...

There is no first.

Rather, a glimpse of one thing or another, here and there, by one individual or another, throughout history; due to how screwed up these truths were already being turned into in the very first century itself.

And considering that these very issues are described in Scripture itself as being lost sight of, even as they were being revealed, no; I am not in the least bit surprised that by the time of Luther things had been so screwed up that it took them all they could to recover what little more of the whole they had been able to.

And Tel knows where I am coming from by now.

lol - and just what do you think he is saying by his accusation "blind Darby follower" intended as an ad homenim by him :chuckle: