ECT MAD has it wrong about Peter who according to Paul lived as the gentiles. What else?

dodge

Galatians 2:7 KJV - How many gospels do you count there? You baby genius

ONE ! Same message to two different groups.

How do you claim the Apostles did not know the gospel of grace when Jesus said they did ?

Luk 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
ONE ! Same message to two different groups.

How do you claim the Apostles did not know the gospel of grace when Jesus said they did ?

Luk 24:45
Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
That they MIGHT

Danoh

Re-read it you missed it !"Then He opened their understanding" this is the part you missed.

Lol - all that is referring to is this practice...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

dodge

Lol - all that is referring to is this practice...

Nehemiah 8:8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading.

I know no gospel carries any weight with MADist. Strangely enough one would think Jesus was a cut above the rest and His words actually had meaning and worth. Your loss not mine.

John recorded that Jesus opened their understanding to scripture so I guess the question is why do MADist feel the need to destroy the context of what the Holy Spirit had John record ?

Jerry Shugart

I have been told by some in MAD that the Jews had to have faith and keep the law while gentiles had to have faith alone to receive grace, which ever Peter lived after the way of the gentiles until other Jews showed up and he was called out by Paul for his hypocrisy.

Do you deny that the following Jewish believers, including James, continued to keep the law even after they were saved?:

"And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law"
(Acts 21:18-21).​

dodge

Do you deny that the following Jewish believers, including James, continued to keep the law even after they were saved?:

"And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law"
(Acts 21:18-21).​

I deny the changing of and taking out of context of the scriptures as done by MADist.

Scripture records that Peter lived after the manner of the gentiles so keeping the law for salvation was PAST TENSE ! You do understand that requirements for salvation changed after the D.B.R. for everyone, Which also included Jews ?

Do you understand that Paul declared ," I become all things to all men that I might win some".

Jerry Shugart

So the Ethiopian didn't need the gospel of Paul

When he believed the gospel which declares that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God he was born of God and saved:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

Danoh

That they MIGHT

The sense of "might" there is similar to saying "it is now 6pm. The store across the street closes at 8pm. I think I'll go there now, that I might get some shopping done while there is still time, and so I won't have to rush, and forget some things."

In other words, as used there in that verese, the word "might" refers to what was now theirs due to His action, right before that - He expounded or broke things down unto them.

How?

In the same way Mid-Acts Dispensational Bible Study does - via taking them to the various passages and basically saying "see this here; this is speaking of Me; and see this verse over here: same thing. And this verse over here; and this one; and so on.

You see that here, as well...

Acts 17:2 And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures, 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. 17:12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

As with that; the Lord was simply pointing out one verse and then to another verse that would shed some light on that other one, towards opening up, or laying out before the eyes of their understanding, the intended sense of a word, a phrase, or a passage.

Luke 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

The word "should" is also used like that, at times.

Anyway, hope that helps, some, bro.

Jerry Shugart

I deny the changing of and taking out of context of the scriptures as done by MADist.

In other words, in regard to these verses you take the fifth on the grounds that your answer will tend to expose you as the fool that you are!

You do understand that requirements for salvation changed after the D.B.R. for everyone, Which also included Jews ?

The Jews were saved by faith before the Cross, as witnessed by the words of the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to a woman:

"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:48-50).​

Do you even have a Bible?

Danoh

Scripture records that Peter lived after the manner of the gentiles so keeping the law for salvation was PAST TENSE ! You do understand that requirements for salvation changed after the D.B.R. for everyone, Which also included Jews ?

Do you understand that Paul declared ," I become all things to all men that I might win some".

Any MADist who says that keeping the Law saved anyone...is wrong.

But none that I have ever heard or read...say that merely keeping the Law saved anyone.

You're bat'n a thousand, dodge :chuckle:

dodge

Jerry Shugart;5024598]In other words, in regard to these verses you take the fifth on the grounds that your answer will tend to expose you as the fool that you are!

Not hardly ! Kinda pointless to go through the hoops to a person that thinks they have arrived when in truth their boat sunk a long time ago and they believe they are still moving forward !

The Jews were saved by faith before the Cross, as witnessed by the words of the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to a woman:

"And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:48-50).​

Faith in what Jerry ? Themselves, obeying the law, or placing their faith in Jesus ?
Do you even have a Bible?

I do and I believe what is in my bible more than the dribble of MADist who major in taking scripture out of context to stay in MADness.

Do you even understand that NO NONE OT or NT was saved without the shedding of Jesus' blood ?

Jerry Shugart

Do you even understand that NO NONE OT or NT was saved without the shedding of Jesus' blood ?

I never claimed otherwise. and of course you continue to run and hide from the verses which I quoted. Do you deny that the Jewish believers, including James, continued to keep the law after they were saved:

"And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law" (Acts 21:18-21).​

Faith in what Jerry ? Themselves, obeying the law, or placing their faith in Jesus ?

The woman was saved when she placed her faith in the fact that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God:

"Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 Jn.5:1-5).​

dodge

Any MADist who says that keeping the Law saved anyone...is wrong.

But none that I have ever heard or read...say that merely keeping the Law saved anyone.

You're bat'n a thousand, dodge :chuckle:

Guess you missed ths posted by Jerry ?

What do you believe is the inference from Jerry's post ? I know where he is forcing an out of context scripture which is to force an UN-biblical view of two gospels.

Jerry Shugart

What do you believe is the inference from Jerry's post ? I know where he is forcing an out of context scripture which is to force an UN-biblical view of two gospels.

Why do you just continue to ignore what is said in that passage and then speak about a so-called "inference" from my post? Do you think that I was saying that law keeping brought salvation to the Jews despite the fact that I pointed out that the Jewish woman at Luke 7 was saved by faith?

You are in way over your head, sonny boy!

musterion

Chrysler,

Don't go by what anybody says. Look it up for yourself. For example, compare what Paul says above about no one being justified by Law with what happened in Acts 21...

17When we arrived in Jerusalem, the brothers welcomed us joyfully. 18The next day, Paul went in with us to see James, and all the elders were present.19Paul greeted them and recounted one by one the things God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry.

20When they heard this, they glorified God. Then they said to Paul, “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the Law. 21But they are under the impression that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or observe our customs. 22What then should we do? They will certainly hear that you have come.

23Therefore do what we advise you. There are four men with us who have taken a vow. 24Take these men, purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know that there is no truth to these rumors about you, but that you also live in obedience to the Law.

25As for the Gentile believers, we have written them our decision that they must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.”

26So the next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he entered the temple to give notice of the date their purification would be complete and the offering would be made for each of them.

Dodge, can you please explain all of this, since MADs don't know what we are talking about?

How does this make sense after what Galatians 2 says happened at Antioch, which incident happened earlier, and after what Paul said about works of Law?

Square this circle for us, please, Dodge.

Teach us. Please?

Well?

Danoh

Guess you missed ths posted by Jerry ?

Lol - Inference would be a better name for you then dodge.

Fact is, Israel's Prophesied New Covenant promises to enable THEM to KEEP God's statutes and ordinances.

Why?

Because the Law identifies them as His Covenant People in the sight of the Nations.

And although that is now on hold: even now, those Jews who observe the Law (in their error; for it is presently on hold) are nevertheless easily identified by the world as Jews, due to their keeping of the Law.

The Law is their identity in the sight of the nations.

Deuteronomy 4:5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it. 4:6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people. 4:7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for? 4:8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

Ezekiel 11:17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel. 11:18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence. 11:19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: 11:20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

Isaiah 2:2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORD's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it. 2:3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more. 2:5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Zechariah 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.