ECT "Lordship 'Salvation'"-perverting the gospel of Christ

God's Truth

Serpent dove has been exposed. Serpent goes around accusing people of being on a heretic list here, yet when his beliefs are strongly debated by a certain class of people here, serpent is too afraid to mention that heretic list.

Cowards and hypocrites are not the Way.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"...forgiveness has already happened for us...(Ephesians 4:32 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV)...Take a load off."

Repent :idunno: take a load off Ac 2:38, Lk 24:47

Do not grieve the Holy Spirit (Eph 4:25-32). Get right on that. :thumb:

"Eph 4:31, 32 These verses summarize the changes in the life of a believer mentioned in vv. 17–30. “Bitterness” reflects a smoldering resentment. “Wrath” has to do with rage, the passion of a moment. “Anger” is a more internal, deep hostility. “Clamor” is the outcry of strife out of control. “Evil speaking” is slander. “Malice” is the general Gr. term for evil, the root of all vices." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1811). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

diaper__emoticon___updated__by_caimanr-d6o9j5w.gif
Time to change your dirty diapers (Re 22:14). :granite:

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses [Col. 2:13].

"Salvation is not the improvement of the old nature; it is the impartation of a new nature.

Remember that Paul had to deal with two systems of Greek philosophy which were very popular in his day. They were diametrically opposed to each other, but they both came out at the same end of the horn. One philosophy was Stoicism, and the other was Epicureanism.

The Stoic taught that man was to live nobly and that death could not matter. The idea was to hold the appetites in cheek and to become indifferent to changing conditions. In effect they said, “Be not uplifted by good fortune nor cast down by adversity.” They believed that man is more than circumstances and that the soul is greater than the universe. It was a brave philosophy, you see. But the problem was how to live it. It was like the people who say that they are living by the Sermon on the Mount when actually they are many miles from it.

The Epicurean taught that all is uncertain. “We know not whence we came; we know not whither we go. We only know that after a brief life we disappear from this scene, and it is vain to deny ourselves any present joy in view of the possible future ill. Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”

The interesting thing to observe is that both these systems attempted to deal with the flesh—that is, the old nature that you and I have—not the meat on our bones. The old nature works through our old habits, old desires, old testings and temptations. How are we going to bring that under control?

There are all kinds of gimmicks and systems that are set before us today to enable us to live the Christian life. I know people who have been to Bible conferences where the Christian life is taught, and at home they have a drawer filled with notebooks. But they are not doing so well in living the Christian life. Why not? Because we need to recognize this one important thing that Paul is saying here: we are joined to the living Christ. Now, if you are joined to Him, my friend, you are going to live as if you are. How close are you to Him? Do you walk with Him? Do you turn to Him in all the emergencies of this life? Is He the One who is the very center of your life?

As Paul turns now to the error of legality, we will again find that the answer is to come to the Word of God and through it to come into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

A glory gilds the sacred page,
Majestic like the sun.
It sheds a light on every age;
It gives but borrows none." McGee, J. V. (1997). Thru the Bible commentary (electronic ed., Vol. 5, pp. 350–351). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

"Col 2:13 dead in your trespasses. See notes on Eph. 2:1, 5. So bound in the sphere of sin, the world (Eph. 2:12), the flesh (Rom. 8:8), and the devil (1 John 5:19) as to be unable to respond to spiritual stimuli; totally devoid of spiritual life. Paul further defines this condition of the unsaved in 1 Cor. 2:14; Eph. 4:17–19; Titus 3:3. He has made alive together with Him. See notes on Eph. 2:1, 5. Only through union with Jesus Christ (vv. 10–12) can those hopelessly dead in their sins receive eternal life (cf. Eph. 2:5). Note that God takes the initiative and exerts the life-giving power to awaken and unite sinners with His Son; the spiritually dead have no ability to make themselves alive (cf. Rom. 4:17; 2 Cor. 1:9)." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 1835). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

"Col 2:10 — … and you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.

Since “all the fullness of the Godhead” dwells in Jesus, and Jesus dwells in you through the Spirit, then it only makes sense that in Him you are complete. What could be lacking in “all the fullness of the Godhead”?" Stanley, C. F. (2005). The Charles F. Stanley life principles Bible: New King James Version (Col 2:10). Nashville, TN: Nelson Bibles.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Translated: clueless as to the meaning of repentance.
Did that
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
change of mind happen to include a change of behavior? :smokie: Mt 7:20

ssssssssssserpent is a walking billboard for MUD.
:yawn: You're projecting again (Eph 4:14). :noway:

See:

The Prodigal Pig 2 Pe 2:21-22 by J. Vernon McGee

Just look at most of his/her posts. They are never all his/hers, but of the spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV).
:yawn:

Not philosophy but Christ (Colossians 2:1-10). Get right on that. :thumb:

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ [Col. 2:8].

"“Beware”—Look out! Stop, look, and listen!

“Lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit.” If you were to follow the history of philosophy beginning with Plato, including many of the church fathers, and coming down to more recent times (including Kant, Locke, and Bultmann, who seems to be the craze with some theologians right now), you would find that none of them have a high view of the inspiration of the Word of God. They are looking for answers to the problems of life, but they will not be found in philosophy.

A true philosopher is a seeker after truth, but truth is not found in human wisdom. Christ is the answer, the answer to philosophy. Paul wrote, “But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom …” (1 Cor. 1:30, italics mine). But false philosophy is like a blind man looking in a dark room for a black cat that isn’t there—there is no hope for its search for truth. Paul warns the Colossians to beware of this.

“After the tradition of men.” You may remember that the Lord Jesus condemned the religious rulers in His day because they taught the tradition of men rather than the Word of God. Very frankly, this is one of the reasons I have turned to the teaching of the total Word of God. It is so easy to lift out some peculiar interpretation of some particular passage and then ride that like a hobby horse. I believe in prophecy, but there is more in the Word of God than just prophecy. Some preachers dwell on the Christian life. That certainly is in the Bible, but there is more than just that. This is why I think it is so important for us to study the total Word of God.

“After the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.” The Greek word for “rudiments” is stoicheion, which means “that which is basic,” the ABC’s. Some people try to build their Christian living on some worldly system that seems so simple. Our base is not philosophy or a worldly system; our base is Christ..." McGee, J. V. (1997). Thru the Bible commentary (electronic ed., Vol. 5, pp. 349–350). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

john w

Hall of Fame
Not an answer (Eph 4:14). :chz4brnz:

:yawn: 2 Ti 3:3, KJV

1.What sin/sins?

Silencio,from wolfie.

2. Chapter, verse, where the LORD God demands that I answer any/all questions, from anyone, especially a child of the devil, such as yourself, wolfie?

More as quiet as a turkey farm, on Thanksgiving day.

I will wait...for an eternity. Until then, take a seat.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Serpent dove has been exposed...when his beliefs are strongly debated by a certain class of people here, serpent is too afraid to mention that heretic list."
:yawn: I've mentioned Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list). :burnlib: Eph 4:14
"Cowards and hypocrites are not the Way."
:yawn: Your way (2 Pe 2:1) :freak: is not the way (Jn 14:6).

As a reminder God's Truth is number 39 on Satan, Inc. (TOL Heretics list) in "The 'Jesus is not God' people (Non-trinitarians) category. :burnlib:

john w

Hall of Fame
:chz4brnz: 1 Jn 1:8

Poor Johnny One Note :sigh: ~ Judy Garland

Another wimp, bites the dust, from taking on the great saint John W.

Well done, you little punk.

1.What sin/sins?

Silencio,from wolfie.

2. Chapter, verse, where the LORD God demands that I answer any/all questions, from anyone, especially a child of the devil, such as yourself, wolfie?

More as quiet as a turkey farm, on Thanksgiving day.

I will wait...for an eternity.

Not a peep,from the demon, and closet Roman Catholic, as I shut him down, and he punts.