Looking for a church

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
If you would read the bible, instead of Shank, you would see that Paul and Jesus call false teachers like you children of the devil.

Shank quotes and exegetes Scripture. I just started his book and am 1/3 done. I had my ideas long before I heard of him. He is confirmatory, not the basis for my beliefs (Bible is the only authority).

Thx for changing your signature (demon), even if you were forced to.

Mystery

Shank makes it easier to identify the verses in question claimed by both views. Since you are so superspiritual, here is my real answer: read Genesis to Revelation, including Paul. It supports conditional vs unconditional eternal security.

The grace of God and His power and perfect provision can be rejected before salvation since all are not saved. Likewise, the keeping power and grace and love of God can be rejected after salvation (unless you are a robot or sock puppet...I knew there was something different about you...what was your production number and country of manufacture? Are your kids also mechanical clones?).
Everytime you are backed in a corner, you make it personal, because you are demon possessed. You leave my kids out of this, you Christless pervert. You can go straight to hell.

I can hardly wait till the day Jesus tosses your worthless life in the lake of fire.

Unlike you, I'm not going to whine to the moderators and report your post, you big :baby:

Mystery

I changed my signature because you whined and cried to Knight about it, but don't you or anyone else think for one second that you are not demon possessed, because there is no doubt whatsoever that you are.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Everytime you are backed in a corner, you make it personal, because you are demon possessed. You leave my kids out of this, you Christless pervert. You can go straight to hell.

I can hardly wait till the day Jesus tosses your worthless life in the lake of fire.

Unlike you, I'm not going to whine to the moderators and report your post, you big :baby:

My point was to make a point. If you are not a robot, then your kids are not. We all know that people are in the image of God, not robots. Since you are not a robot, you should see the truth in my view.

This is in no way a slam on your kids (how quickly you forget your slams on my wife and kids). It was hyperbole to show how illogical your position is.

No one is a sock puppet literally, either. Another reason to reject OSAS.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I changed my signature because you whine and cried to Knight about it, but don't you or anyone else think for one second that you are not demon possessed, because there is no doubt whatsoever that you are.

If it was true, keep it. If it is false, you are grieving the Holy Spirit, mocking the work of Christ in a believer, etc. Your judgment is false. I may be wrong theologically on peripheral points, but that does not mean I am wrong on essential truths or that I am possessed by a demon.

My concern was for the Spirit and Word, not my personal reputation. Most people think you are missing a screw for saying such stupid things about fellow believers. You lack credibility and integrity, but I will not be offended or have God offended by your idiotic signature.

Stand up to bullies..it is the only way to minimize their damage.

Note my grace in asking him to ask you to remove it and urging him to not ban you. When you get banned again, it will be your own doing.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
And you are a half-baked wingnut.

Out of curiosity, my father was an alcoholic (sober 15 years now) and I was from a broken home. And you? What was your family of origin like? Birth order? I am an only child.

Mystery

And you are a half-baked wingnut.

Out of curiosity, my father was an alcoholic (sober 15 years now) and I was from a broken home. And you? What was your family of origin like? Birth order? I am an only child.

I could care less about you William. You are an enemy of the gospel, an enemy of Christ, and therefore an enemy of all men, including YOUR family.

Just like Paul, all I care about, concerning false teachers like you, is that you accursed.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shank quotes and exegetes Scripture. I just started his book and am 1/3 done. I had my ideas long before I heard of him. He is confirmatory, not the basis for my beliefs (Bible is the only authority).

Anytime you are ready to discuss Shank's eisegesis in painful detail, I am.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It is true, and I ONLY removed it because I was asked to.

YOU ARE DEMON POSSESSED, and I am as convinced of that TRUTH, as I am that Jesus is Lord.
The problem here is that William doesn't know what it means to be possessed with a demon. He's thinking you mean in the way "Legion" was possessed.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Anytime you are ready to discuss Shank's eisegesis in painful detail, I am.

I am 1/3 the way through his book and do not agree with everything. This is not an online course in Shank, Lewis, Sanders, etc. Those serious about the debate can interact with him. He is dead. I am not here to commend or defend him in particular, but his exegesis has merit for consideration. The problem is that you will dissect and spit out any author that does not tow a Calvinistic-Reformed partly line. I used to be on a mailing list for a Reformed publishing house. It was anti this and that and pro party line.

We disagree about Heb. 6:4-6 and will continue to do so until the cows come home. If we spent weeks on this project, it would be largely ignored. Your hard work on 50 OT Enyart questions is a case in point.

Why would I defend Shank if I have not even read most of his writings? Let his book stand or fall on its own merits in your own mind. Judging how you deal with OT or Arminian texts, you will simply assume your Calvinistic assumptions are correct and argue from that bias.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You contradict yourself. You believe people can lose their salvation, but in the same thread, you assure someone that you'll see them in heaven.

I see no reason why mystery or myself would fall away. I have full expectation we will both be there, but there is a possibility (not a probability) that anyone can fall away. We have not had an inclination to do so for decades, so why think it will be likely?

Just because most remain in the faith does not mean it is impossible for some to remove themselves from the grace of God in Christ through godless, persistent unbelief (sinning against great light).

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The problem here is that William doesn't know what it means to be possessed with a demon. He's thinking you mean in the way "Legion" was possessed.

What does he mean? Demon possession is understood by most to mean what it says. Some also distinguish oppression, etc.

A Christian cannot be possessed (Col. 1:13).

Status
Not open for further replies.