Looking for a church

Status
Not open for further replies.

servent101

I am looking for a church, a place to fellowship. I thought I would say what my leanings are and see if you there at TOL would know of a church I would be at home in... a place of similar values and beliefs.

I try to walk the walk of a fundamentalist but appreaciate the non-condeming attitude of the liberalist. See value in liberalist thinking. Would rather associate with a non condeming Spirit in people that is so hard to find at the fundamentalist camp.

Interpretation of Bible is not Literal; example -Doctrin of hell is one that is a warning to us not a place that everyone who does not believe in Jesus is condemned to spend eternity in.

Preterest - believe that the book of Revalation has allready happened and even Jesus return could of allready happened - not sure, but leaning this way.

May think of some more but will put these up for now... Please don't preach to me - I am just asking for information of churches with similar beliefs...Thanks.

Mara

3 legged race champion
Don't know of any that combine all that, although I think the Unitarians would accept you. :rolleyes:

Of course you could always start your own church.

servent101

First Unitarian Church is dedicated to providing a welcoming community of diverse individuals; to promote love, reason, and freedom in religion; to foster

Looked them up on the net.... thanks seems interesting

la rubia

BANNED
Banned
Aw, servent, just move to Indiana and go to church with me!!!:D
LOL Just kidding. I don't know much about what exactly all the different churches believe- so I'd better get off your thread and just be quiet. Sorry!

servent101

-----------------------------------------------------------
la rubia quote:
Aw, servent, just move to Indiana and go to church with me!!!
LOL Just kidding. I don't know much about what exactly all the different churches believe- so I'd better get off your thread and just be quiet. Sorry!
------------------------------------------------------------

la rubia... don't be sorry, that was very sweet - I like you already.

4 A.M. Prayer

Originally posted by famousGandalf7
Have you ever tried Scientology?

Did you actually read his original post? The 'Hubbard' crapola is garbage gandalf, I will give you that but....

Servent wants a church, a loving Christian fellowship, not your Enyart horse-poo.

Where's your Popeye icon?

Perhaps I shouldn't have gone after the Enyart way of thinking but his request seemed to be sincere...

Aimiel

If it Walks Like a Duck...

If it Walks Like a Duck...

Maybe if he wants to fellowship with Christians, he should begin by accepting the fact that the Bible is the authority, that hell is real, that Revelation has yet to be fulfilled, mostly, and / or seeking the direction and guidance of the Lord, to find the Church he belongs in. I was trying to say all that without 'preaching,' as he requested. I was being facetious. I should probably apologize, if I have offended. I do. But, the faith which has been delivered is not to be trifled with, it is a great thing, and should not be placed in a pigeon-hole of religion. I would encourage him, anyone for that matter, to attend a church on the basis of: "Where does God want me to go to church?" and not make the decision based on knowledge, but on faith.

C

cattyfan

servent101 (aka "!!!!First") is looking for a church that spouts some beliefs but doesn't hold you accountable (the dreaded judging we hear so much about.) The Unitarian suggestion is probably most appropriate for servent's "needs". That Universalist "all religions a valid and equal" crappola should be most palatable given the views states in servent's/!!!!First's previous posts. It appears from the opening post on this thread that servent likes the idea of "religion," but prefers to live with the idea that "I'm okay, you're okay, and there is no penalty here or later if you're not."

Sorry, but that's not a church...it's just a lousy therapist.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I heard one doesn't have to believe anything to be a methodist in good standing, might give them a shot sybel101 ...

servent101

Aimiel - thanks for asking - appreciate your thoughtfulness,

As for the other three respondents - it is obvious you are attracted to Christ so you can stone people, insult them, and generally feed your desire to hurt people - you should find a church that teaches you about the One True God - and the consequences you are actually facing right now - to anyone who can think - thanks for showing them that the Truth is not in you, and what an orthodox mindset does for people.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

servent101

It's still your turn... please answer the question.

I do not answer questions to the likes of you, and your cohorts. Answering your questions - only heaps more coal on the fire of your condemnation - if you were not in hell already - you would have the sense for asking me that question in the likes of the company here on this station.

Lets see if you can find fault with your own beliefs - including the question you asked me - or can you not understand anything outside of your pre packaged dogma concerning the Word.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Aimiel

I was wondering if you found [a church] yet?

Originally posted by servent101

Aimiel - thanks for asking - appreciate your thoughtfulness,

Originally posted by Aimiel

It's still your turn... please answer the question.

I do not answer questions to the likes of you, and your cohorts.
:confused:

it is obvious you are attracted to Christ so you can stone people, insult them, and generally feed your desire to hurt people
How is that different than what you do here at TOL, even in this post?

Status
Not open for further replies.