Living by God's Law

Zeke

I disagree with you. Your approach to scripture is wrong. When a person lives by the law that means they are obeying God's commands found in the law. It means they do not transgress God's commands. When a person lives by the Spirit of God it may mean that they do not transgress God's law and therefore are they found doing God's commands found in the law of the old covenant or otherwise? Do you know? :) My hope is that you can learn the truth from the scripture you quote.

If you live by faith, being born again by the Spirit of God, that means that you were a sinner and God has saved you. Obedience to God's law, whether in the old covenant or the new, involves doing what is right in God's sight. No one is perfect means everyone needs to be saved. If you are saved it means you now obey (out of gratitude for salvation) because God has made it possible for you, where once you only had your best efforts.

You're mixing the OT letter that ends with Elijah/John Matt 11:11, with the Spirit of grace and peace/reconciled 1John 4:18 1Cor 13:1-13, that comes second with the birth of Christ within us, free born from above Galatians 4:24-28 which "all" happens within God's kingdom Luke 17:20-21, your traditions void the spiritual word/seed/pearl hidden in the barren field 2Cor 3:6

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If you are saved, you will obey His commands.
Correct.

If a person is not saved they need to know they are a sinner. The life of Jesus and God's commands show them that. Salvation is in Jesus alone, not in a person's works... because no one measures up to God's perfect standard.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You're mixing the OT letter that ends with Elijah/John Matt 11:11, with the Spirit of grace and peace/reconciled 1John 4:18 1Cor 13:1-13, that comes second with the birth of Christ within us, free born from above Galatians 4:24-28 which "all" happens within God's kingdom Luke 17:20-21, your traditions void the spiritual word/seed/pearl hidden in the barren field 2Cor 3:6
I have no idea what you are talking about. Our works do not save us. If you believe I am communicating something different please tell me what it is.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have no idea what you are talking about. Our works do not save us. If you believe I am communicating something different please tell me what it is.

This is how you complicate the Gospel.

Without works we are not saved. Jesus did not endorse lip service.

You cannot separate works and faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This is how you complicate the Gospel.

Without works we are not saved. Jesus did not endorse lip service.

You cannot separate works and faith.
There is a difference between faith and works. James in the book of James in the Bible points this out. But he says that faith without works is dead/useless, being by itself. We are saved for or unto good works. We do not do good works to be saved. Those without faith may do works they see as good, but without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6) and without faith more importantly a person cannot be saved. We please Him because He bought us and we are saved. We please Him in faith because without faith there is no way to please Him.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If a person is not born again they are not saved. You can't be born again apart from faith. If you have true faith you are born again.

Salvation is a (free) gift of and from God. It is possible by what Jesus accomplished since in Adam we are all sinners and destined for eternal punishment.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You seem to be misusing the scripture. It is out of context.

Faith and works go together. You cannot separate the two.
A person with faith does good works. But they did not do good works in order to have faith.