LGBT History Month

WizardofOz

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Members of Abolish Human Abortion recently decided to order drinks in Seattle’s Bedlam coffee shop after posting and distributing pro-life pamphlets in the local community. Activists who joined Caleb Head and Caytie Davis on Oct. 1 were soon berated and told the leave when they were identified.

“I’m gay. You have to leave,” owner Ben Borgman said in the video.

“Are you denying us service?” Mr. Davis asked.

“I am. Yeah,” Mr. Borgman replied.

The confrontation about tolerance then escalated when activist Jonathan Sutherland was asked if he would watch a sex act.

“If I go get my boyfriend and f- him in the a— right here you’re going to tolerate that?” Mr. Borgman asked.

“That would be your choice,” Mr. Sutherland said, the conservative website Red State reported Friday.

“Are you going to tolerate it? Answer my f-ing question! No, you’re going to sit right here and f-ing watch it! […] Well then I don’t have to f-ing tolerate this! Leave! All of you. Tell all your f-ing friends, don’t f-ing come here.”

A request by the activists to turn to Jesus was met with the response, “Yeah, I like a—. I’m not going to be saved by anything. I’d f- Christ in the a—. OK? He’s hot.”

The incident comes as the U.S. Supreme Court gears up to take the case of Jack Philliips, the Christian baker who was ordered by the the Colorado Civil Rights Commission to serve wedding cake to LGBT couples — or none at all.

I hope Christians and anti-abortion groups pay Mr. Borgman's coffee shop a visit and demand service. Why is he so offended by the anti-abortion poster? Is he conceding that it is disgusting? That's kinda the point :hammer:

WizardofOz

Probably the same point behind black history.

I don't understand promoting the history of a group defined only by who they prefer to engage in sexual relations with.

It's like atheist groups getting together to discuss beliefs they lack.

Perhaps you can explain it to me. What is the point of an LGBT history month?

Hate is hate no matter who it's directed at

Sure, but that doesn't really answer the question.
What is the point of having an LGBT history month?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
That hate and fear are rampant and that these are the things that fill your heart.
Your hate and fear that anyone that thinks homos and bugger eaters are disgusting are hating and fearing them is your own made up fallacy.
You can think a homo or a bugger eater is disgusting without hating or fearing them.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
The concept of good and evil eludes you.
AS far as I am concerned , bigotry against gay people is evil . Wanting to deny them rights, make it legal for them to be persecuted is evil . If you can't see this, then YOU have no concept of good and evil .

CherubRam

AS far as I am concerned , bigotry against gay people is evil . Wanting to deny them rights, make it legal for them to be persecuted is evil . If you can't see this, then YOU have no concept of good and evil .

"Not By-Gott" is something that is "not of God." You can say that I am by gott, "of God."

It is obvious to most people that Homosexuality is not according to our design.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

For a godless secular liberal, you would be right, You fail to understand most here believe in a voice of higher righteousness.

MrDante

Christian activists booted from Seattle coffee shop: ‘I’m gay. You have to leave’

Members of Abolish Human Abortion recently decided to order drinks in Seattle’s Bedlam coffee shop after posting and distributing pro-life pamphlets in the local community. Activists who joined Caleb Head and Caytie Davis on Oct. 1 were soon berated and told the leave when they were identified.

“I’m gay. You have to leave,” owner Ben Borgman said in the video.

“Are you denying us service?” Mr. Davis asked.

“I am. Yeah,” Mr. Borgman replied.

The confrontation about tolerance then escalated when activist Jonathan Sutherland was asked if he would watch a sex act.

“If I go get my boyfriend and f- him in the a— right here you’re going to tolerate that?” Mr. Borgman asked.

“That would be your choice,” Mr. Sutherland said, the conservative website Red State reported Friday.

“Are you going to tolerate it? Answer my f-ing question! No, you’re going to sit right here and f-ing watch it! […] Well then I don’t have to f-ing tolerate this! Leave! All of you. Tell all your f-ing friends, don’t f-ing come here.”

A request by the activists to turn to Jesus was met with the response, “Yeah, I like a—. I’m not going to be saved by anything. I’d f- Christ in the a—. OK? He’s hot.”

The incident comes as the U.S. Supreme Court gears up to take the case of Jack Philliips, the Christian baker who was ordered by the the Colorado Civil Rights Commission to serve wedding cake to LGBT couples — or none at all.

I hope Christians and anti-abortion groups pay Mr. Borgman's coffee shop a visit and demand service. Why is he so offended by the anti-abortion poster? Is he conceding that it is disgusting? That's kinda the point :hammer:

Mr. Borgman is just exercising his right to freely express his religious views by refusing to serve peopel who are engaging morally ofensive behaviors.

MrDante

Your hate and fear that anyone that thinks homos and bugger eaters are disgusting are hating and fearing them is your own made up fallacy.
You can think a homo or a bugger eater is disgusting without hating or fearing them.

no, you can't. As soon as you start labeling minorities as "disgusting" you show yoru fear and hatred.

rexlunae

I don't understand promoting the history of a group defined only by who they prefer to engage in sexual relations with.

Because it helps to understand their life struggles in a more fulsome context. Because it helps to see them as fully-integrated elements of humanity rather than some marginal special interest group.

You might not particularly care that a gay man was once forced into a regime of chemical castration because of things he did in private with other men. But if you learn that he was a major reason the allies won World War II and that he invented computer science, it puts him in a context that's important to people who aren't gay, and his fundamental humanity can be more central.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Because it helps to understand their life struggles in a more fulsome context. Because it helps to see them as fully-integrated elements of humanity rather than some marginal special interest group.

You might not particularly care that a gay man was once forced into a regime of chemical castration because of things he did in private with other men. But if you learn that he was a major reason the allies won World War II and that he invented computer science, it puts him in a context that's important to people who aren't gay, and his fundamental humanity can be more central.
Good behavior in a person does not erase bad behavior in the same person.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
It's so ironic . The vast majority of people who oppose abortion are also opposed to gay rights . A fertilized cell supposedly has "rights", but not one that grows up to be gay .
Anti-choicers whine endlessly about abortion and are determined to force every pregnant woman to bear a child even if she is too poor to provide for that child or a pregnancy would kill her or ruin her health , but they are determined to persecute all gay people . What kind of sick, twisted thinking is this ?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's so ironic . The vast majority of people who oppose abortion are also opposed to gay rights . ?

Not all. Motivation matters. Gays are deserving of happiness and freedom as all other law abiding citizens. The unborn are deserving of life and the pursuit of happiness. Protecting the unborn does not equate to harm of the mother. There is no reason that both cannot co-exist until such a time that they can be safely separated.

everready

It's so ironic . The vast majority of people who oppose abortion are also opposed to gay rights . A fertilized cell supposedly has "rights", but not one that grows up to be gay .
Anti-choicers whine endlessly about abortion and are determined to force every pregnant woman to bear a child even if she is too poor to provide for that child or a pregnancy would kill her or ruin her health , but they are determined to persecute all gay people . What kind of sick, twisted thinking is this ?

Simply amazing isn't it how the English language has drastically changed over the past 70 years? Can anyone tell me how they managed to change the word sodomy to gay?

everready

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Simply amazing isn't it how the English language has drastically changed over the past 70 years? Can anyone tell me how they managed to change the word sodomy to gay?

everready

untrue, the older word was queer, and now they use it:doh: