Letter of Apology

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by keypurr

Two wrongs NEVER make a right.

All killing is wrong. There has to be a better way to peace.

So..... you are saying that if a person is going to kill you, it is wrong to kill him first?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by keypurr

Two wrongs NEVER make a right.

All killing is wrong. There has to be a better way to peace.
Tell that to God who demanded that murderers, adulterers, homosexuals and many more, be killed for their crimes.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
100 000 civilians at last count, peeps. Not tens of thousands.

Some would call "100,000" tens of thousands because it is made up of 100 groups of 10,000.

Then again, when it comes to math I'm not exactly a mental giant, either.

SOTK

Re: Re: Letter of Apology

Re: Re: Letter of Apology

Originally posted by Skeptic

Right thinking Americans...........

:darwinsm:

Skeptic,

You're arrogance is almost sickening. :down:

Wait a second.....it is sickening. :vomit:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by :mock::aikido:7

Some would call "100,000" tens of thousands because it is made up of 100 groups of 10,000.

Then again, when it comes to math I'm not exactly a mental giant, either.
:darwinsm:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I'm going to self-actualize some internalizations here. Regards to :zakath:.

:mock::skeptic: "right-thinking Americans" (a group from which he excluded himself)
:mock::aikido:7 "... not exactly a mental giant." (The Truth is finally out!)
:mock: keypurr "There has to be a better way to peace." (There is. It's called Superior Firepower.)

Skeptic

Originally posted by BillyBob

So..... you are saying that if a person is going to kill you, it is wrong to kill him first?
If someone is going to kill me, I will first try to do whatever I can to find other ways to stop that person or otherwise avoid being killed. Killing the person trying to kill me is a LAST resort.

Saddam was NOT about to kill Americans (i.e. he was not a threat). Bush had NO clear hard pre-invasion evidence that Saddam posed a real, significant and imminent threat, which is what would constitute "a person is going to kill you," as opposed to "a person might someday in the future develop the capacity to kill you, IF the U.S. and the world allow him the opportunity to develop such a capacity, which is unlikely."

Bush had plenty of time to find other more ethical ways of dealing with Saddam. If Bush had take the time, he might have avoided the unnecessary and immoral slaughter of tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children in Iraq.

Skeptic

Killing the person trying to kill me is a LAST resort.

Do you think Jesus would agree with this? Or do you think Jesus would have preferred that people, as a FIRST resort, simply kill whoever is trying to kill them?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

If someone is going to kill me, I will first try to do whatever I can to find other ways to stop that person or otherwise avoid being killed.

Thereby giving him more time to kill you.

It should be the first resort.

Saddam was NOT about to kill Americans (i.e. he was not a threat).

That's not what John Kerry said.

Bush had NO clear hard pre-invasion evidence that Saddam posed a real, significant and imminent threat, which is what would constitute "a person is going to kill you," as opposed to "a person might someday in the future develop the capacity to kill you, IF the U.S. and the world allow him the opportunity to develop such a capacity, which is unlikely."

Saddam was a terrorist.

Bush had plenty of time to find other more ethical ways of dealing with Saddam. If Bush had take the time, he might have avoided the unnecessary and immoral slaughter of tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children in Iraq.

Saddam was given 12 years to comply, he refused. 12 years was more than enough time, Bush did the right thing.

Last edited:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
BILLYBOB--you are really in fine form on this one!

Take it from me--he's got the snappy comebacks. I just notice he has nothing to say about Skeptic's remarks concerning Jesus.

One Eyed Jack

Good. Unfortunately, your killer had no such compunctions and killed you while you were still sorting thru your options. Now your family is at his mercy, which doesn't sound very good considering how much he just showed you.

Do you think Jesus would agree with this?

No, I think He would think you're an idiot. In fact, I know He thinks you're an idiot.

Or do you think Jesus would have preferred that people, as a FIRST resort, simply kill whoever is trying to kill them?

I don't think He would hold it against you for taking the life of someone who was trying to take yours. Why would He?

Skeptic

Originally posted by One Eyed Jack

I don't think He would hold it against you for taking the life of someone who was trying to take yours.
Even if there were other nonlethal first-resort options, which would make killing the person a last resort?

Mr. 5020

Originally posted by aikido7

Take it from me--he's got the snappy comebacks. I just notice he has nothing to say about Skeptic's remarks concerning Jesus.
That's because BB doesn't post theologically. It's a known fact.