Let's talk women's rights!

wickwoman

Originally posted by BillyBob

:baby:

You deserved every word, you lying, vile, evil twister of words! I predicted this mornimng that you would accuse me of being a sexist instead of realizing that every word I wrote was directed exclusively at you not because you are a woman, but because you are an incompetent liar!

Now, get off the computer and get back in the kitchen where you belong, your man apparently knows his place, it's time you learned yours!!

That is doubtful. You see, Poly [and presumably other women here] knows me pretty well by now. She knows that I adore and respect Mrs. BillyBob, I have said so numerous times and given examples. She knows I do not judge people based on their gender.

Nice try, though. Typical liberal, when all else fails, wrongly accuse someone of being a racist or sexist. Now I know how Trent Lott feels. :down:

Dear BillyBob:

I haven't once called you a sexist. You must have a guilty conscience because you keep anticipating that I will.

As for what you say about me, you are entitled to your opinion. However, you know deep in your heart that what I said about you was true. You were, as usual, trying to be absurd and annoying and "over the top" but I cornered you and made you see that your absurdities are sometimes mean and not so funny. Poor Billybob.

I noticed you called me sleazy on another thread. So, as for what you say about women, is it like this: whenever one doesn't agree with everything you say, are they sleazy and stupid?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by wickwoman
...whenever one doesn't agree with everything you say, are they sleazy and stupid?
They might also get called "commie", "leftist", or "liberal". :chuckle:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
However, you know deep in your heart that what I said about you was true.

Not a single word of what you wrote is true.

You were, as usual, trying to be absurd and annoying and "over the top"

Ah, so that's how you libs define 'honesty'.

but I cornered you and made you see that your absurdities are sometimes mean and not so funny. Poor Billybob.

You're still dreaming and using your computer. I thought I told you to get back in the kitchen where you belong.

I noticed you called me sleazy on another thread. So, as for what you say about women, is it like this: whenever one doesn't agree with everything you say, are they sleazy and stupid?

No, just you, I called you sleazy because you resorted to lies and fallacious statements. You certainly are stupid. And you are a liar. Anyone who doubts it can go back to your thread and read the exchange between us.

aharvey

:baby:

You deserved every word, you lying, vile, evil twister of words! I predicted this mornimng that you would accuse me of being a sexist instead of realizing that every word I wrote was directed exclusively at you not because you are a woman, but because you are an incompetent liar!

Now, get off the computer and get back in the kitchen where you belong, your man apparently knows his place, it's time you learned yours!!

[blah, blah, blah]

Nice try, though. Typical liberal, when all else fails, wrongly accuse someone of being a racist or sexist. Now I know how Trent Lott feels. :down:

Er, BB, could you show me exactly where in her post WW accused you of being sexist? Otherwise I might be forced to type something like "Typical conservative; make a vicious attack, then when someone confronts you about it, wrongly accuse them of slandering you, so that you seem like the poor victim." It's a great strategy, by the way. You get to be nasty and soak up "poor me" points, all at the same time! That's why conservatives rule!

And so how does Trent Lott feel, by the way? He looks kinda stringy and leathery to me.

servent101

Ten points awarded to wickwoman for here polite and controlled response to Billybob.

Lets give Billybob some time, and hope he will progress some more, and actually find out that insulting people is only a way that entrenches them in their opinion,

With Christ's LOve

Servent101

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by aharvey

Er, BB, could you show me exactly where in her post WW accused you of being sexist? Otherwise I might be forced to type something like "Typical conservative; make a vicious attack, then when someone confronts you about it, wrongly accuse them of slandering you, so that you seem like the poor victim."

First of all, WickWoman's first post in this thread was one in which she imported a post of mine from another thread. Have you noticed the title of this thread? SThis was included in her first post:

Wickwoman:
Any woman has the right to kick any man in the "you know whats" if he ever speaks to her the way BillyBob spoke to me in the following post:

quote:
Look Dear, I realize this sort of thing is a bit over your head and beyond your comprehension. Perhaps you would be better suited cooking dinner for your man and cleaning his house, doing his laundry and such things. You clearly don't have the what it takes to be persuasive in a political debate.

Are you with me Sisters?

Now, if you want to pretend that she wasn't implying sexism on my part, you are free to believe so.

Harvey:
It's a great strategy, by the way. You get to be nasty and soak up "poor me" points, all at the same time! That's why conservatives rule!

Actually, Wickwoman and I were having our debate elsewhere, she chose to drag a tiny portion of it into this thread for the reasons previously mentioned, looking to soak up 'Poor Me' points. As you said, it's a great strategy and you fell for it.

You need to follow this debate back to it's source if you want to discover what's really going on here, which is, Wickwoman has lied about things which I supposedly said and I refused to let her get away with that. Her next step, seeing that I displayed her trechery for all to see, was to garner sympathy from her 'sisters'.

FYI

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by servent101

Ten points awarded to wickwoman for here polite and controlled response to Billybob.

What is polite about lying?

Lets give Billybob some time, and hope he will progress some more, and actually find out that insulting people is only a way that entrenches them in their opinion,

With Christ's LOve

Servent101

I have no problem insulting morons like Wickwoman, and it has nothing to do with her gender, as she was hoping to imply and xcapitalize upon.. I was having a nice debate with her until she realized that she was losing and desperately decided to make fallacious statements about things which I was supposed to have said, but never did.

How many points do you award for that type of behavior?

wickwoman

Dearest BB:

If you recall, the title of THIS thread is "Let's talk women's rights!" And, I said I should have the right to kick you in . . . well, read the post. Anyway, I at no time implied or eluded to whether or not you are a sexist. And, so, I must presume that your guilty conscience has found you out since you continually accuse me of doing so.

As an aside, I would comment that poor BB does get a sympathy vote from me becase he is living in a world which he is ill equipped to understand, flinging about insults and barbs, but all in an attempt at self-protection against those terrible commies who are always chasing him.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
When you think of it, I am not sexist at all because I will call to the carpet any person, man or woman, who is a liar. I will not pull any punches just because a liar happens to be female. That makes me extremely fair and reespectable.

Wickwoman is sexist because she was hoping to hide behind her gender and pretend to be the victim of a man, not a fellow poster. Why do you think she imported into this particular thread a debate she and I were having elsewhere?

-50 points for the sexist, Wickwoman. :down:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Dearest BB:

If you recall, the title of THIS thread is "Let's talk women's rights!" And, I said I should have the right to kick you in . . . well, read the post. Anyway, I at no time implied or eluded to whether or not you are a sexist. And, so, I must presume that your guilty conscience has found you out since you continually accuse me of doing so.

As an aside, I would comment that poor BB does get a sympathy vote from me becase he is living in a world which he is ill equipped to understand, flinging about insults and barbs, but all in an attempt at self-protection against those terrible commies who are always chasing him.

My dear, you are a liar. Go back to the original thread where this all started and see that you attributed words to me which I never said. I pointed that out to you and you chose to continue doing so. You are a vile person.

The reality is that your political views are childish and immature. You are politically uninformed and base your entire position on emotion.

You should have kept this debate in it's original thread and listened to me when I was being very clear about my views instead of deliberately altering them with the hopes that it would help you win a losing debate.

I realize that debating against what I actually said would have been a no win situation for you, but you could have actually learned something. Now we all know that this is not your intention.

wickwoman

Dear BB:

Having a contest of wits with an unarmed man is always a bad idea. It's just unfair and I wouldn't want to be mean like you. And, so I was making light of the very mean things you said. (BTW I will remind you of the comment you made about me in a thread about football, saying I was "sleazy." What it has to do with football, I have no idea.)

Finally, you may start your own thread about the sleaziness and stupidity of Wickwoman if it makes you feel better. However, this thread isn't about you and me. So, we should be polite and move along.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Dearest BB:

If you recall, the title of THIS thread is "Let's talk women's rights!" And, I said I should have the right to kick you in . . . well, read the post.

I know what it says.

You said that a "Woman has the right to kick any Man....if he ever spaeks to her....."

Since you believe that, would you also contend that a Man should have the same right to kick a Woman...........for saying something he does not like?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

Dear BB:

Having a contest of wits with an unarmed man is always a bad idea. It's just unfair and I wouldn't want to be mean like you. And, so I was making light of the very mean things you said. (BTW I will remind you of the comment you made about me in a thread about football, saying I was "sleazy." What it has to do with football, I have no idea.)

Finally, you may start your own thread about the sleaziness and stupidity of Wickwoman if it makes you feel better. However, this thread isn't about you and me. So, we should be polite and move along.

You brought this argument here, not me.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned

I know what it says.

You said that a "Woman has the right to kick any Man....if he ever spaeks to her....."

Since you believe that, would you also contend that a Man should have the same right to kick a Woman...........for saying something he does not like?

Does a man have the right to kick a woman????? Huh?????

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and watch how often Wick puts words in my mouth even after I pointed out that she was doing so.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
So, since we are discussing women's rights, I'll ask again:

Does a woman have the right to kick a man?

Does a man have the right to kick a woman?

aharvey

First of all, WickWoman's first post in this thread was one in which she imported a post of mine from another thread. Have you noticed the title of this thread? SThis was included in her first post:

"quote:
Wickwoman:
Any woman has the right to kick any man in the "you know whats" if he ever speaks to her the way BillyBob spoke to me in the following post:

quote:
Look Dear, I realize this sort of thing is a bit over your head and beyond your comprehension. Perhaps you would be better suited cooking dinner for your man and cleaning his house, doing his laundry and such things. You clearly don't have the what it takes to be persuasive in a political debate.

Are you with me Sisters?"

Now, if you want to pretend that she wasn't implying sexism on my part, you are free to believe so.
BB, while I freely admit I haven't been following the pre-this-thread history of yours and WW's discussion, it seems to me that you're losing your perspective here. The only way she is implying sexism on your part is by, uh, quoting you directly. Maybe the quote is out of context; goodness knows that's a popular game here at TOL, but let's face it, there aren't too many contexts in which your statement wouldn't be considered sexist (e.g., if you REALLY said, "I just had to punch this guy out after he told my wife, 'Look Dear, I realize this sort of thing is a bit over your head and beyond your comprehension. Perhaps you would be better suited cooking dinner for your man and cleaning his house, doing his laundry and such things. You clearly don't have the what it takes to be persuasive in a political debate.' " Now THAT'S out of context!). And you should follow your own suggestion and read the title to this thread, which automatically seems to impart a sex-specific bias to the subject. WW's comments were no more inherently sexist than the rest of this thread.

Actually, Wickwoman and I were having our debate elsewhere, she chose to drag a tiny portion of it into this thread for the reasons previously mentioned, looking to soak up 'Poor Me' points. As you said, it's a great strategy and you fell for it
Well, your Trent Lott comment fits a little too well into the poor-me strategy, but in any case I can easily see WW's comments coming from such a strategy as well. It's common, and effective in the short term, but probably not something you want to rely on.

You need to follow this debate back to it's source if you want to discover what's really going on here, which is, Wickwoman has lied about things which I supposedly said and I refused to let her get away with that. Her next step, seeing that I displayed her trechery for all to see, was to garner sympathy from her 'sisters'.

FYI
One of the most curious features of this bulletin board is the frequency with which people misquote each other or accuse each other of doing so. For crying out loud, people. it's not like our comments disappear once we hit the "Submit" button! It's not that hard to go back and see what people actually said; our comments are there, for all the world to see, for a long time! Now this is the only bulletin board I participate in; maybe they're all like this, but it just seems a particularly foolish thing to do to claim people said things they didn't.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by aharvey

BB, while I freely admit I haven't been following the pre-this-thread history of yours and WW's discussion, it seems to me that you're losing your perspective here. The only way she is implying sexism on your part is by, uh, quoting you directly. Maybe the quote is out of context; goodness knows that's a popular game here at TOL, but let's face it, there aren't too many contexts in which your statement wouldn't be considered sexist (e.g., if you REALLY said, "I just had to punch this guy out after he told my wife, 'Look Dear, I realize this sort of thing is a bit over your head and beyond your comprehension. Perhaps you would be better suited cooking dinner for your man and cleaning his house, doing his laundry and such things. You clearly don't have the what it takes to be persuasive in a political debate.' " Now THAT'S out of context!). And you should follow your own suggestion and read the title to this thread, which automatically seems to impart a sex-specific bias to the subject. WW's comments were no more inherently sexist than the rest of this thread.

I made that remark to Wickwoman exactly because it sounded sexist and i figured it would piss her off, but I only did so after she repeatedly misquoted me and I repeatedly tried to correct her.

None of this is a big deal, but the fact that she imnported that particular quote is very telling. She should have left it where it was instead of pulling a Briother Willi on us by dragging one argumant across countless threads.

Well, your Trent Lott comment fits a little too well into the poor-me strategy,

I thought it was pretty funny! :chuckle:

One of the most curious features of this bulletin board is the frequency with which people misquote each other or accuse each other of doing so. For crying out loud, people. it's not like our comments disappear once we hit the "Submit" button! It's not that hard to go back and see what people actually said; our comments are there, for all the world to see, for a long time! Now this is the only bulletin board I participate in; maybe they're all like this, but it just seems a particularly foolish thing to do to claim people said things they didn't.

I am amazed by that myself. There are a few posters here who will continually misquote people no matter how many times they demonstrate this to them, even by using their actaull quotes, because it doesn't serve their purpose. That is the case for Wickwoman's and my argument.