Laura Ingraham apologizes too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(Musty is upset and making up stories again)

But Barbie is fine with kids dictating rights to adults.

No one said that Ingraham didn't have a right to be a jerk and belittle the survivors of that attack. But here's the part you don't get; she has a right be be despicable; she doesn't have a right to demand that others approve of her behavior.

She did something stupid and vicious and it backfired on her. If you're going to attack a kid, it's a good idea to make sure he's not smarter than you are.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Pathetic *bleeps* , they could have children's blood splattered all over their faces and they wouldn't take action because all they see are dollar signs.
- David Hogg

This is what being civil and objective looks like?
Give me a break!

rexlunae

Hogg gets to speak his mind and what his beliefs are and what he thinks of folks that disagree with his stance, but Laura shouldn't be allowed the same?

Of course she's allowed the same. That's how we learned that she's a horrible person who doesn't deserve a primetime TV show supported by ad revenue. I think it's great that she's allowed to say any fool thing that comes to her mind.

He is trying to ruin her career, even AFTER she formally apologized, and he has the gall to say she is the bad one????

Why should he accept a tactical, patronizing, and insincere apology?

He is showing the LEAST tolerance of the two.

Do you think she's entitled to an advertiser-subsidized platform to spout horrible nonsense?

If this young man wants to get into the political battle of gun safety, then he is fair game no matter what his age.
I doubt this youngster could tell me anything about gun safety.

Sure. But even if you ignore his recent history of tragedy and loss, even if you ignore the putative difference in their power, she a primetime host, and allegedly a grown woman, he a teenager in high school, it was still a dumb attack. He wasn't whining. If anything, Ingraham was whining about him. And if he were any normal high school student getting ready to go to college, it would have been a pretty normal thing for him to tweet about, and her response would have been horrible if she had been some random anon on the Internet.

I have used guns all my life.
How many has he used?
This kid would be useless in a gun fight.

How many times have you been shot at?

Lon

Laura's goof was not in messing up format. It was matching wits with someone much smarter than she is.
Depends who is administering the tests.... :think:

It's important to know the difference between the two. Her formatting may have been excellent. Her judgement was sadly lacking. And so she gets schooled by a high school senior.
Perhaps you are confusing wisdom with intelligence. As you and I know, the Fear of the Lord, alone, is the beginning of wisdom. One doesn't have to be brilliant to be wise.
Even though she's a lawyer and a commentator and very impressed with herself. Or maybe because.
If we confuse political interest with either wisdom or intelligence, we aren't exercising either. While I have some politically strong views, I'm not as polarized and entrenched as some of you. I can at least, see the difference between intelligence, wisdom, and political agenda. I'm not really impressed with too many high schoolers when it comes to wisdom. That comes with age and walking long with the Lord. I've seen 'smart' kids, but they are too young yet, to know what to do with all that prowess. They are NOT generally (nor often specifically) politically savvy. They have no practical experience in or for it.

rexlunae

For a kid wanting to be an advocate of civility, he's doing a poor job.

I don't think he's looking to be an advocate of civility. He's an advocate for gun safety. He just had to respond to an unwarranted personal attack, and he's remarkably adept at it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Laura's goof was not in messing up format. It was matching wits with someone much smarter than she is.

Depends who is administering the tests.... :think:

In this case, it was reality. She might be an important lawyer and famous, but she got schooled this time.

Perhaps you are confusing wisdom with intelligence. As you and I know, the Fear of the Lord, alone, is the beginning of wisdom. One doesn't have to be brilliant to be wise.

True. This is why theology won't save anyone.

If we confuse political interest with either wisdom or intelligence, we aren't exercising either.

Ingraham has a mean streak. She just played it for the wrong guy, this time.

I'm not really impressed with too many high schoolers when it comes to wisdom.

The young are not wise. Wisdom, in the young, is cynicism.

That comes with age and walking long with the Lord. I've seen 'smart' kids, but they are too young yet, to know what to do with all that prowess.

Yes, If I were Hogg, I'd have been more forgiving. But then, I've not lived through a massacre and had friends murdered therein, only to have some online ditz make fun of it. My thinking is that Ingraham is in the same position as that woman who pretended to behead Trump. The worst for her may be yet to come.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm guessing that Laura should have been thinking of civility before she tried to bully this kid; he's way out of her league.
Dream on.
He's a big mouthed teen that thinks he knows everything, like most teens do.

When you start idolizing and fawning over a big mouthed teen about gun safety that doesn't have any personal experience with gun safety, you're a fool.
Knowing how to use a gun in his hand would have been more efficient than him flapping his big mouth at most of America.

rexlunae

Dream on.
He's a big mouthed teen that thinks he knows everything, like most teens do.

When you start idolizing and fawning over a big mouthed teen about gun safety that doesn't have any personal experience with gun safety, you're a fool.
Knowing how to use a gun in his hand would have been more efficient than him flapping his big mouth at most of America.

How many times have you been shot at?

rexlunae

Is that a 'yes'?

Bull!
You haven't even listened to this kid.
Not only does he use foul language when speaking of those that oppose his view, but he goes on to claim that those that oppose his view are evil and don't care anything about children.
What a crock!

All Trump supporters have permanently lost the right to complain about fowl language. You're done with that complaint forever. Ok. Moving on...

You've got all the tests in the world to apply to this guy. One gets knocked down and you move right on to the next one. Why don't you say what you really don't like about him? You don't like that he's winning and you might have to give just an inch on gun ownership. And in your mind, that's unforgivable.

Status
Not open for further replies.