Lake of Fire Parable

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubRam

Satan is the opposition along with his messengers. We are talking about people, not some fanciful misconception.

CherubRam

There is no such thing as angels, however, there are messengers. Angels are associated with Paganism. Wings is parabolic for the persons status. The four messengers who have four wings on earth, later have six wings in heaven. Parables do have literal applications. Do not imagine vain things when you read parables.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Matthew 25:41
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal (fire / judgment) prepared for (the devil / Satan / opposition / adversary) and his (angels / messengers.)

Matthew 25:41
41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal (fire / judgment) prepared for (the devil / Satan / opposition / adversary) and his (angels / messengers.)
Do you think that those who go to eternal judgement are going to be happy about it?

Ben Masada

There is no such thing as angels, however, there are messengers. Angels are associated with Paganism. Wings is parabolic for the persons status. The four messengers who have four wings on earth, later have six wings in heaven. Parables do have literal applications. Do not imagine vain things when you read parables.

Very good CherubRam! That's what the meaning of parable is. Literally, you are right to say, "There is no such a thing as angels." Literally, they are associated with Paganism. Our Tanach does speak a lot about angels but as a result of dreams or visions as they are nothing but emanations.

Ben Masada

Satan is the opposition along with his messengers. We are talking about people, not some fanciful misconception.

I am glad to say you are improving. Indeed, Satan is only a concept to illustrate the evil inclination in man. It does not exist as a real being. But then again, I am a Jew. How are you as a Christian, getting along with every one else?

Ben Masada

Matthew 25:41 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal (fire / judgment) prepared for (the devil / Satan / opposition / adversary) and his (angels / messengers.)

There is nothing eternal about man. When Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, the reason was because they could not eat of the tree of life and live forever. (Genesis 3:22) Only God is eternal.

Hawkins

There is nothing eternal about man. When Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, the reason was because they could not eat of the tree of life and live forever. (Genesis 3:22) Only God is eternal.

Immortal soul is a concept of the Pharisees and Essenes.

From Josephus.

1. Now as to Hades, wherein the souls of the of the good things they see, and rejoice in the righteous and unrighteous are detained, it is necessary to speak of it. Hades is a place in the world not regularly finished; a subterraneous region, wherein the light of this world does not shine; from which circumstance, that in this region the light does not shine, it cannot be but there must be in it perpetual darkness. This region is allotted as a place of custody for souls, ill which angels are appointed as guardians to them, who distribute to them temporary punishments, agreeable to every one's behavior and manners.

2. In this region there is a certain place set apart, as a lake of unquenchable fire, whereinto we suppose no one hath hitherto been cast; but it is prepared for a day afore-determined by God, in which one righteous sentence shall deservedly be passed upon all men; when the unjust, and those that have been disobedient to God, and have given honor to such idols as have been the vain operations of the hands of men as to God himself, shall be adjudged to this everlasting punishment, as having been the causes of defilement; while the just shall obtain an incorruptible and never-fading kingdom. These are now indeed confined in Hades, but not in the same place wherein the unjust are confined.

Only God can grant life for a soul to live forever, or else a soul is considered dead. "Dead" in definition could mean that an immortal soul remains immortal even in the case that eternal life is not given to him.

Jesus said that God is the God of the living, God is the God of Abraham and Jacob. So Abraham and Jacob's souls are not considered as dead.

From here we can tell that the heavenly definition of dead/alive may be different from what earthly humans defined.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Further discussion on this topic belongs here--->http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?105705-There-is-no-Hell

I already asked you nicely not to be opening other threads on this. You only need one to cover this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.