Koban/Resurrected Is One of the Funniest People On This Forum

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Res supposedly physically abused his wife. From what I understand, she initiated the shoving. It could be that res thinks it is ok to shove a woman back who is a strong and sturdy specimen?
What he thinks is right isn't the question. I've never met a racist who wasn't sure it was okay to call a black man something odious. So he's honestly wrong. Is that a virtue?

He obviously did not think he was doing anything wrong. Physical aggression should never be part of any marriage.
And it doesn't have to be. It's called a door. All you have to do is walk through it.

Why is it ok for a woman to physically defend herself from a man but it is evil for a man to physically defend himself from a woman capable of delivering significant bodily damage?
Because very, very few women are the physical equal of the man in their life. And that's why it's fairly rare (though not non existent) to see it, comparatively.

How do we now this was not the case for res?
I believe he implied a regularity with "usually got the worst of it" and that's simply inexcusable.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Res supposedly physically abused his wife. From what I understand, she initiated the shoving. It could be that res thinks it is ok to shove a woman back who is a strong and sturdy specimen? He obviously did not think he was doing anything wrong. Physical aggression should never be part of any marriage. Why is it ok for a woman to physically defend herself from a man but it is evil for a man to physically defend himself from a woman capable of delivering significant bodily damage? How do we now this was not the case for res?

i can't search for it on this ipad, but my testimony went something like this:

my wife was no shrinking violet. she was raised on a farm and did chores, hauling bags of grain and carrying calfs. when we'd argue she'd often start the shoving and since i had fifty pounds on her, she usually came off the worse for it

that's all i said

anybody who let their imagination run away from them that it was abuse is being led by satan

JosephR

oh, how about that

town 's being led by satan

Yeah and my observation is this. You bully or try to old women and prey sexually on the young...you are still a child of God indeed..and that is the best thing I can say about you right now.. you weak,pervert.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
why thank you joe, for that display of feminine pulchritude

don't forget to hoist yer skirt before you sit down to pee :chuckle:

bybee

Res supposedly physically abused his wife. From what I understand, she initiated the shoving. It could be that res thinks it is ok to shove a woman back who is a strong and sturdy specimen? He obviously did not think he was doing anything wrong. Physical aggression should never be part of any marriage. Why is it ok for a woman to physically defend herself from a man but it is evil for a man to physically defend himself from a woman capable of delivering significant bodily damage? How do we now this was not the case for res?

We don't know her side of this story do we?

JosephR

don't forget to hoist yer skirt before you sit down to pee :chuckle:

remember the status of male and female is very temporary.or at least the attributes of.For in the Resurrection our Lord Christ Jesus says we will not marry or be given in marriage.

JosephR

because I have done this,and am ashamed yes.. when I shoved back she flew across the room, into walls......

And when she did to me i barley moved... this is the..truth of it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
because I have done this,and am ashamed yes.. when I shoved back she flew across the room, into walls......

We've all done or said or thought a shameful thing. When it becomes habit then it moves from error to habit and shameful to something more serious.

JosephR

We've all done or said or thought a shameful thing. When it becomes habit then it moves from error to habit and shameful to something more serious.

yes for this to become a initiator of violence.. let her shove me first then its on..is a bad thing, this only happened once.. for me,she slapped me,,shoved me,, when I shoved back I seen this is not the thing to do..She was accustomed to violent relationships and wanted to initiate this..and was normal for her.. I ended the relationship..but learned a very powerful lesson.

bybee

That you were ashamed is the important fact. This, normally means that it is something I won't do again.
Blessings to you!

Lon

don't forget to hoist ....:chuckle:

:doh:

:banned:

see you in a bit

:nono: (shakes head)

("pulchritude" means exceptional beauty, btw, not that the sound of that word resembles the remark. Probably a reason it is infrequent)

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Yeah and my observation is this. You bully or try to old women and prey sexually on the young...you are still a child of God indeed..and that is the best thing I can say about you right now.. you weak,pervert.

i was pondering how i was going to respond to this - i know nothing about you or your motivations, whether you struggle with a disablility or addiction or what demons might have been driving you to make such a vile statement

then i realized you're not in Christ

so i don't see any point is refuting the lies of a satan-led pervert :idunno:

:doh:

:banned:

see you in a bit

:nono: (shakes head)

("pulchritude" means exceptional beauty, btw, not that the sound of that word resembles the remark. Probably a reason it is infrequent)

That's right up there with physiognomy.

:doh: i have no idea what i was trying for :idunno:

JosephR

i was pondering how i was going to respond to this - i know nothing about you or your motivations, whether you struggle with a disablility or addiction or what demons might have been driving you to make such a vile statement

then i realized you're not in Christ

so i don't see any point is refuting the lies of a satan-led pervert :idunno:

:doh: i have no idea what i was trying for :idunno:

You my friend do not get to decide that,

Posted from the TOL App!