Knight's Pick 08-09-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

In the story of the good Samaritan which character are you?

When you stand face to face with God, are you going to rebuke him for
not sparing thousands and thousands of innocent babies, unborn babies, and children
that he destroyed in the Flood? He could have easily spared them, you know.

And, check out your OT sometime. God ordained Babylon, MedoPersia, Greece, and
Rome. They fulfill a purpose in his plans. Jesus wasn't about to try to change
the wicked government of his time. He only did what the Father called him to do!

I suspect that you would have told Jesus that he wasn't a "real man".

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
STP, helping our neighbor is not a theological or dispensational issue. All men should be prepared to help their neighbor.

Your refusal to acknowledge something so fundamental in God's word is absolutely mind-boggling.

Other than Pettrix I have never personally encounterd a single human that argued against helping ones neighbor. :idunno: There really isn't anything else I can say to you about it. I will proudly face God on judgment day knowing that I at least played some small part in trying to battle wickedness.

SaulToPaul 2

STP, helping our neighbor is not a theological or dispensational issue. All men should be prepared to help their neighbor.

Your refusal to acknowledge something so fundamental in God's word is absolutely mind-boggling.

Other than Pettrix I have never personally encounterd a single human that argued against helping ones neighbor. :idunno: There really isn't anything else I can say to you about it. I will proudly face God on judgment day knowing that I at least played some small part in trying to battle wickedness.

:chuckle:

I see you ignored my two points...you know they are 100% Biblically true.

SaulToPaul 2

I will proudly face God on judgment day knowing that I at least played some small part in trying to battle wickedness.

Proudly?

Do you realize that the only good works you can possibly do are the ones
that God does through you? You will have nothing to boast of at
the Judgment Seat of Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

:sigh:

I boast in the cross of Christ, do you?

Originally Posted by Knight
I will proudly face God on judgment day knowing that I at least played some small part in trying to battle wickedness.

The cross is the entire story! Leave the politics to the evil politicians.

I can see from private responses that some people's eyes are indeed open to
the truth I've shared. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Saving babies isn't political.

I don't need to brag about the responses I am getting in private.

I don't care if I am the only man left on the face of the planet that is willing to stand up for the innocent.... I will do it to the best of my ability.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Simply not true. The greatest gospel preacher that ever lived not once
battled societal evils. He said, "I have kept the faith, I have finished my course."
:rotfl:

So he never once spoke out against homosexuality, or governments that were not a terror to evil?

:rotfl:

In the story of the good Samaritan which character are you?

The Levite? Or the priest?
I thought priests were Levites.:eek:

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

I don't think that it is political to warn people that what they are doing is evil. If someone is a pro-life activist they are warning people that their actions are evil.

SaulToPaul,

Wouldn't you want to know if something that you were doing was evil?

People who kill their babies do so for many reasons. Some probably know it's wrong but think it's the only way out. Others probably don't even realize that it's evil.

Honestly, I don't even think that you think that it is evil for a person to have an abortion. I say this because recently when people bring up abortion...you bring up the flood etc...when babies were killed as a result of a direct action by God.

Here is a straight forward question:

Do you think that it is wrong/evil/bad/not a good thing for people to kill babies in the womb or outside the womb?

SaulToPaul 2

Do you think that it is wrong/evil/bad/not a good thing for people to kill babies in the womb or outside the womb?

yes, it's murder. Now, what does this have to do with the church's mission?

Is our mission to get people to stop sinning (impossible) or to get people saved (very possible)?

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
yes, it's murder. Now, what does this have to do with the church's mission?

Is our mission to get people to stop sinning (impossible) or to get people saved (very possible)?

Of course we want people saved.

We might not be able to get the whole world to stop sinning but we can sure be a postive influence by exposing the wickedness of the world and warning people that their wicked actions are harmful.

If you saw someone raping a woman would you try to stop them from committing the act or would you begin preaching to them about the revelation of the mystery that was given to Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.