Knight's Pick 08-09-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Worst posts of the year?????

In regard to trying to save babies, trying to save women that are being raped, and other societal evils.... STP and Pettrix ....errrr.... Maximus stated....

The world is evil. You're not going to change it. On the authority of God's word,
it will get worse.

Amen to that brother! Our battle is with the soul, a spiritual battle. God says the world will fall to the evil and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Only God will end it and stop it when he comes after the 7-year tribulation. That is what God's Word says.

In other words....
Let babies die, let kids become crack heads, let women get raped, let money be stolen, there isn't anything we can do about it so just ignore it. In fact Maximus went so far as to to say he believes it is "not correct" to oppose such things.

:sigh:

SaulToPaul 2

Originally Posted by SaulToPaul
The world is evil. You're not going to change it. On the authority of God's word,
it will get worse.

To which Knight responded, "True!"

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by SaulToPaul
it will get worse.

To which Knight responded, "True!"
That wasn't all I said.

I went on to ask....

"True! So do you help her or not?"

In other words... yes the world is getting evil but it's even more evil to sit there and allow a woman to be raped in a parking lot or allow babies to be murdered in an abortion mill.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, it is evil to not be an activist?
:sigh:

It is evil to stand in the way of somebody trying to save innocent lives.

Think of it this way....
If three men happen to see a woman being raped in the Safeway parking lot.... one man might wish to take quick physical action against the rapist (he is an activist). Another man might not think he is able to take on a physical altercation so he might choose to run and get help (he is not an activist, but yet certainly making a helpful choice).

A third man ignores the rapist and proceeds to impede the would-be helpers telling them it is not their job to help the woman. You are that man.

SaulToPaul 2

A third man ignores the rapist and proceeds to impede the would-be helpers telling them it is not their job to help the woman. You are that man.

Blatant lie. I have already stated that I would help the woman. I have
already stated that YOU are free to do anything you want to do!

Your emotions are getting in the way of the facts.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What I want to know is what's getting in the way of the facts, for you. Because you are very off on this. You can't seem to understand that nobody has a problem if someone is not an activist. Nor do you get that the gospel is priority #1 for those who are.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Did you not read Knight's posts in this thread?

I like you, but you make a lot of drive-by flippant posts that are off base.
Yes, I read his posts. And I think you're being misunderstood, because you are misunderstanding.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Blatant lie. I have already stated that I would help the woman. I have
already stated that YOU are free to do anything you want to do!

Your words speak for themselves.

Sure, you eventually stated you would help the lady "by throwing a bottle of ketchup". But you have done nothing but equivocate, flip-flop, and skirt the issue.

A real man helps a woman being raped, or an innocent baby being murdered in any way he can. And he most certainly doesn't stand in the the way of others that do want to help.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You don't think understanding the one calling for the Body of Christ is important?
That isn't what I said. It's irrelevant to this topic. Whether we have a calling to activism or not, that doesn't mean we should not be activist. That's the point. Why don't you get it?

SaulToPaul 2

That isn't what I said. It's irrelevant to this topic. Whether we have a calling to activism or not, that doesn't mean we should not be activist. That's the point. Why don't you get it?

If you want to be an activist, be one!

I'm saying it's not the calling of the Body of Christ, while some others are
implying that it is.

Why don't you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.