Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

Jose Fly

And Davis isn't the only one cashing in...

Family Research Council Sends Out Kim Davis Fundraising Email

The email reads (in part):

As you know, Kim is the head clerk for Rowan County, Kentucky. When the U.S. Supreme Court ignored the Constitution by inventing a "right" to same-sex marriage, Kim requested a simple religious accommodation so that a marriage license that violated her conscience would go out in some other way than under her authority. It was a reasonable request.

But a judge threw Kim in jail for six days as Hollywood and radical forces cheered. These forces aren't interested in "fairness" or "equality." They want to drive people of faith from public life. THAT IS THEIR PLAN.

And that is why I pray you will give now in response to the Matching Grant . . . help FRC achieve and even exceed our September 30 goal . . . and continue to expose and oppose their plans in the most influential sectors of society.

Cha Ching!!!!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
it takes a man to protect a single mom

it takes someone like you to protect two guys living together

Did two guys living together cause that woman to be a single mom?

Are you trying to say that since the government has changed the purpose of marriage now people don't put as much importance on it and split up more easily?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Did two guys living together cause that woman to be a single mom?

Are you trying to say that since the government has changed the purpose of marriage now people don't put as much importance on it and split up more easily?

more stupid questions from the peanut gallery
but
I will answer them

no

no

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Can isn't a legal obligation. So it's not as strong.
Marriage doesn't mean you have to share everything.

I think all sorts of people getting marriage licenses argues objectively against you.

You don't have to marry at all to live with someone or do anything you can do within a marriage. So why do people do it? Because we love to solemnize our unions and symbols are important to us. And so rings and vows and churches and licenses and public announcements in the local paper.
People get marriage licenses because that's what people do. And yes, there are benefits to it. Since it's there it makes sense to do it. Doesn't mean that if the gov't were to stop then we'd see a big drop in stable relationships, happiness, and productivity. :idunno:

I'm just trying to figure out why you made the distinction. Chrys I understand. :cheers:
Just going along with the conversation.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
more stupid questions from the peanut gallery
but
I will answer them

no

no
I'm truly trying to understand your connection between gay marriage and single moms and children being left unprotected. I don't see the connection you're making. If you want to talk about the underlying purpose of marriage, fine, but you appear to be saying it is having significant practical consequences on single mothers and children and I'm not seeing that part.

And your post begged the question about two guys causing that single mom to be a single mom. So maybe you should reconsider your posts if you think it was a dumb question. :eek:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Survivor?? Yeah I'm sure she was on the brink. :rolleyes:

What's the over/under on how many copies chrys will pre-order? :think:

will you ever know what it is like to believe in something?

let alone actually stand up for that belief

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'm truly trying to understand your connection between gay marriage and single moms and children being left unprotected. I don't see the connection you're making.

duh

maybe you should be more concerned about the single mom
and
not so concerned about two guys living toghether

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

kmoney

Hall of Fame
will you ever know what it is like to believe in something?

let alone actually stand up for that belief
Maybe if you guide me. :plain:

She might really believe in something but things like her Eye of the Tiger press conference and immediately signing a book deal don't really lend credence to the picture that she's just a victim of religious oppression who wants to live out her faith without bothering anyone.

duh

maybe you should be more concerned about the single mom
and
not so concerned about two guys living toghether
I will, as soon as you can show how two guys living together jeopardizes that single mother.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Maybe if you guide me. :plain:

She might really believe in something but things like her Eye of the Tiger press conference and immediately signing a book deal don't really lend credence to the picture that she's just a victim of religious oppression who wants to live out her faith without bothering anyone.

I will, as soon as you can show how two guys living together jeopardizes that single mother.

we spend more time talking about two guys living together than the single mom

the single mom is the future

two guys living together is a dead end ...... no outlet