Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

genuineoriginal

Sodom and Gomorrah -

Luke 17:28 "It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; 29 but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.…
The Law was given to the children of Israel 430 years later (Galatians 3:17).
This shows that God considered homosexuality a sin worthy of death even before giving the Law.

genuineoriginal

Selective outrage.

Don't take government jobs, people, if you don't want to do the government's work.

This kind of statement proves there is a war against Christianity and the God hating sexual perverts want to make sure Christians are unable to be elected for government offices.

genuineoriginal

You are right, she broke the law.

The way to fight the law is to start voting for people with Christian morals.
We are not a Christian nation today, so take jobs that will not compromise your beliefs unless or until we can make a change of minds within the political realm.

The person that "broke the law" was voted into that office.
Her being a person with Christian morals that was voted into office is exactly the way you claim we are to fight the law.

Her going to jail is the only way she sees in making a change of minds within the political realm.

We need to support people like her and throw out all the bums that want to compromise our Christian beliefs for their selfish political gains.

lifeisgood

What body in government has the power to pass laws?

I thought it was Congress, or am I mistaken?
Supreme Court interprets the law to make sure that the law is constitutional, is it not?

I have not seen Congress pass a law about man/man marriage; woman/woman marriage. I could have missed it though.

So, how come the Supreme Court opining on a nonlaw this nonlaw becomes the law of the land?

Can someone point me to the law Congress passed regarding gay marriage?
I might have missed it somehow.

This reminds me of "First they came for the communists and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a communist; then they came for the Jews and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew; then they came for the trade unionists and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist; then they came for me and by that time no one was left to speak up (Pastor Martin Miemöller (1892 – 1984)"

It is UNJUST for this lady to be in jail and we should wake up if anyone think that what is being done to her is just.

genuineoriginal

Right. She made an oath. If she can't fulfill that oath anymore then why not step down?
Daniel was a government official.
There were some wicked men that wanted to get rid of Daniel, and the only way they could find was to change the law so that Daniel would have to violate his religious beliefs or be found guilty of breaking the law.
They got the law changed, but Daniel refused to compromise his beliefs and was thrown to the lions.

This is recorded in Daniel 6.

Selaphiel

Rape is also natural, it occurs in many other species, it comes from a biological imperative to perpetuate the species.
In the other species it may not be a choice, but in humans it is a choice and it is immoral.
Homosexuality, like rape, is both a choice and is immoral.

Try following my argument, instead of quote mining me and taking what I said out of its rhetorical context. The point of my statement was to provoke the very answer you give here. Republickchick made the claim that homosexuality was wrong because it is unnatural. She fell for it in exactly the same manner. Natural does not equal moral, it follows that unnatural does not equal immoral. So her claim that homosexuality is bad because it is unnatural (an argument that a lot of people here make) is complete nonsense. Morality is about what ought to be the case, nature is about what is the case.

Of course, then you need to present an argument for why homosexuality is immoral. Citing the Bible is not an argument. There are plenty of laws in the Bible that those very same people wouldnt even dream of following today, in fact the very same people criticize groups like IS for doing things similar to the things those laws allow (such as enslaving the population of a sacked city). So you need to present an actual rational argument using reason and empirical facts to argue why homosexuality is immoral. So far, I've not seen anyone here being able to do that. And then I mean homosexuality in and of itself.

Some here (serpentdove) claim that these other OT laws are ceremonial rather than moral. The law that allows the enslavement of the citizens of a sacked city is not even remotely close to being a ceremonial law, it is however a reprehensible law.

Chrysostom said:
and when you ask them
if
they are okay with same sex marriage

they don't have the guts to answer

You calling out people for not answering questions and the fullness of a post is pretty much the objective definition of absolute irony.
I have answered it as well. I said I was OK with it.

Selaphiel

okay with what?

One would think that was obvious from the quote that the statement was a comment to...But let us try again: I, SELAPHIEL, AM FINE WITH AND SUPPORT THE LAW CONCERNING SAME SEX MARRIAGES THAT ALLOW TWO CONSENTING PEOPLE OF THE SAME SEX TO MARRY EACH OTHER.

resodko said:
traditio has

so has zippy, iirc

From what I remember, I did not find those arguments very convincing. They were natural law arguments, which in many cases rely on selective and ambigious interpretation of nature and the deduction of an ought from an is, and even a "projected is" as well in the sense of projecting an interpretation of what the final cause of a particular natural act must be, certainly a restrictive interpretation of it.

But feel free to reiterate them or another argument if you so wish.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
From what I remember, I did not find those arguments very convincing. They were natural law arguments, which in many cases rely on selective and ambigious interpretation of nature and the deduction of an ought from an is, and even a "projected is" as well in the sense of projecting an interpretation of what the final cause of a particular natural act must be, certainly a restrictive interpretation of it.

But feel free to reiterate them or another argument if you so wish.

no, that's ethereal territory beyond my comfort level

I stick with the basics

Homos molest children and should be executed

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
And who appointed the judge that threw her in jail??? A Republican President.

the disturbing thing is that he (Bunning) ruled against his own conscience and morality, his own belief system, the reason Bush chose him

he knew he was ruling unjustly

iow, he chose man's law over God's

Quetzal

the disturbing thing is that he (Bunning) ruled against his own conscience and morality, his own belief system, the reason Bush chose him

he knew he was ruling unjustly

iow, he chose man's law over God's
His personal conscience and sense of morality holds no weight when it comes to enforcing the law.

Quetzal

:doh:

judges don't enforce the law
Okay, fine. They "conduct the trial impartially and in an open court. The judge hears all the witnesses and any other evidence presented by the parties of the case, assesses the credibility and arguments of the parties, and then issues a ruling on the matter at hand"