Kentucky clerk who refused gay couples taken into federal custody; ordered jailed

TracerBullet

Because we recognize that queer behavior is sin doesn't make us homo-phobes. Just truthful. We cannot be made ashamed of that which has made us acceptable to God, even though we were once lost and 'without excuse,' as you currently are.

Homophobia - an irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. It includes antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, and hatred of homosexuals.

your statements are what makes you a homophobe

You know that they deserve death, because God said you do. You not only do the same but have pleasure in those who do such things. :nono:
And this statement marks you as a sociopath.

The truly perverse thing is that around here this sort of sick statement is accepted and even praised.

I believe you need to change your religious affiliation to: "Other," because you certainly don't represent Christ.
I was thinking the exact same thing about you

TracerBullet

You overstate yourself.
Racists on both sides of the coin use every dirty trick in the books to justify their hatred of each other.
just like homophobes. In fact homophobes use all the same dirty tricks that racists do.

Homosexual behavior is condemned in the Bible. That is a fact.
and racists say the same thing about racial equality.

I doubt that Mother Nature is too crazy about it either.
Labeling gays as unnatural and and inferior by design.

Hmmm....I wonder if racists do the same thing. Hmmmm

However,
under our Constitution and a recently interpreted reading of the law, freedom of choice is protected and the right to marry a same sex partner is also protected.
I can understand civil unions being legislated. But the traditional historical definition of marriage is between a man and a woman.
I keep myself to myself on this topic unless someone seeks to get in my face.
a lot of people must be "in your face" because you bring it up all the time

brinny

I believe in religious liberty, but this is a civil job she has, and the law is the law, and she should either have issued the licenses or left her post. Some will disagree with me, but this woman is out for fame and money, IMO.

i respectfully disagree.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
con·sent
kənˈsent/
noun
permission for something to happen or agreement to do something.

"no change may be made without the consent of all the partners"
synonyms: agreement, assent, acceptance, approval, approbation; More
antonyms: dissent

At most she'd be giving permission to her deputy clerks to make their own decision. That's not her consenting to the actual licenses if one of her deputies agrees.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
just like homophobes. In fact homophobes use all the same dirty tricks that racists do.

and racists say the same thing about racial equality.

Labeling gays as unnatural and and inferior by design.

Hmmm....I wonder if racists do the same thing. Hmmmm

a lot of people must be "in your face" because you bring it up all the time

What does Christ mean to you?

genuineoriginal

He didn't interfere with her exercise of religion. He penalized her for interfering with a lawful order she was sworn to uphold.
You need to show how it was a lawful order and how she was sworn to uphold it.

I don't think oath violation is particularly Christian and if she could no longer in good conscience advance her office she was free to resign and should have. She's entitled to her beliefs. She isn't entitled to enforce them against others absent an operation of law and standard justifying it.
When the clerk swore an oath, the word "marriage" meant the union of a man and a woman.
Issuing "marriage" licenses to same sex couples was not something covered by her oath.

genuineoriginal

Nope. She refused to do the job she was elected to and being paid to do
She was not elected to issue same-sex marriage licenses.
That was never part of the job she was elected for until some moron changed the definition of marriage to include sodomites.

She denied citizens their civil rights and unlawfully imposed her religious values on those who don't share them.
The first civil right written into the Constitutional amendments is the right to the free exercise of religion.
Nowhere in the Constitution or the amendments is engaging in sexual perversions listed as a right.
Nowhere in the Constitution is two men "marrying" each other listed as a right.

No, the only Civil Right that is involved in this matter is the clerk's civil right to be free to exercise her religious convictions, and that is being violated.

ok doser

She was not elected to issue same-sex marriage licenses.
That was never part of the job she was elected for until some moron changed the definition of marriage to include sodomites.

you get it

how come other "Christians" don't? :idunno:

The first civil right written into the Constitutional amendments is the right to the free exercise of religion.
Nowhere in the Constitution or the amendments is engaging in sexual perversions listed as a right.
Nowhere in the Constitution is two men "marrying" each other listed as a right.

Just imagine what other perverted "rights" they'll find in there in the next twenty years

genuineoriginal

In fact, homosexuality is natural. It occurs in many other species, which means that it is a biological phenomena, not a choice.
Rape is also natural, it occurs in many other species, it comes from a biological imperative to perpetuate the species.
In the other species it may not be a choice, but in humans it is a choice and it is immoral.
Homosexuality, like rape, is both a choice and is immoral.

genuineoriginal

I'm always amazed at how quickly some Christians resort to quoting the OBSOLETE OT laws.
Like Paul did?

1 Corinthians 9:9
9 For it is written in the law of Moses, thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen?​

bybee

Rape is also natural, it occurs in many other species, it comes from a biological imperative to perpetuate the species.
In the other species it may not be a choice, but in humans it is a choice and it is immoral.
Homosexuality, like rape, is both a choice and is immoral.

I suppose then obesity via gluttony is also natural?
And to simply help oneself to that which one wants is also natural?
Humankind is surely held to a higher standard than the animals, that is, other animals?
We have the ability to foresee the consequences of our behavior.
I do defend freedom of choice. But I do see that homosexual unions may have serious negative consequences.
How, for instance, does the daughter of two men pattern herself as a female?
Or
the son of two females pattern himself as a male?

genuineoriginal

I don't agree but if she does she never should have taken a job with the state to begin with and should definitely resign now.

You do know that is what the goal is, right?

The goal is to remove anyone that actually believes in God and has religious objections to Government sanctioned sexual perversions from having any say in how this country is run.

ok doser

You do know that is what the goal is, right?

The goal is to remove anyone that actually believes in God and has religious objections to Government sanctioned sexual perversions from having any say in how this country is run.

I tried to make this point to him the other day, but all he was interested in talking about was racism.