Keeping Racism Alive

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If you say so, Angel. On the other hand, I admitted to SOD that I was at least partially in error, which isn't something people do a lot around here.

I agree, but that doesnt change what your mentality FIRST went to, and its that kind of thing that cause a whole lot of issues where there should be none.

rexlunae

I agree, but that doesnt change what your mentality FIRST went to, and its that kind of thing that cause a whole lot of issues where there should be none.

Well, in part because of the public outcry, the FBI seems to be looking into the possibility that race was a factor in the police department. That seems like something that should happen. So, what good has the side that insists that there's no possibility of a race problem done?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Well, in part because of the public outcry, the FBI seems to be looking into the possibility that race was a factor in the police department. That seems like something that should happen. So, what good has the side that insists that there's no possibility of a race problem done?

Nothing, which is what everyone should do unless something comes up that shows that was a factor.

Sometimes, well most times, people need to reserve judgment untill the facts come in and not jump to conclusions which creates more problems.

rexlunae

Nothing, which is what everyone should do unless something comes up that shows that was a factor.

Can you explain how what happened is self-defense? Everything I've heard makes it sound a lot more like murder. What threat was this unarmed teenager posing to the neighborhood patrolman with a gun, who was following him?

Sometimes, well most times, people need to reserve judgment untill the facts come in and not jump to conclusions which creates more problems.

I'm reserving judgement, but not suspicion. If people didn't complain about the inaction in this case, it's likely nothing would ever have been done. The police department didn't see fit to investigate further, and a man walked away having shot and killed a kid for apparently very little good reason. Now, there may be justice.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Can you explain how what happened is self-defense? Everything I've heard makes it sound a lot more like murder. What threat was this unarmed teenager posing to the neighborhood patrolman with a gun, who was following him?

No, i cant explain it, since i dont have all the facts. I do not pretend i was there and saw the whole thing based on a small amount of information released the public.

I'm reserving judgement, but not suspicion. If people didn't complain about the inaction in this case, it's likely nothing would ever have been done. The police department didn't see fit to investigate further, and a man walked away having shot and killed a kid for apparently very little good reason. Now, there may be justice.

Or things will turn out like they did in the beginning.

some other dude

Was the gun drawn?

When confronted, did the kid respond aggressively? Physically?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[My Fox Tampa Bay Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman] "Orlando--A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting." My Fox Tampa Bay Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
[My Fox Tampa Bay Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman] "Orlando--A witness we haven't heard from before paints a much different picture than we've seen so far of what happened the night 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed.

The night of that shooting, police say there was a witness who saw it all.

Our sister station, FOX 35 in Orlando, has spoken to that witness.

What Sanford Police investigators have in the folder, they put together on the killing of Trayvon Martin few know about.

The file now sits in the hands of the state attorney. Now that file is just weeks away from being opened to a grand jury.

It shows more now about why police believed that night that George Zimmerman shouldn't have gone to jail.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting." My Fox Tampa Bay Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

But but but, he looks so innocent. And besides that, he loved babies.
(Does anyone else question if this is a recent picture of Trayvon Martin? He doesn't look like a 17 year old to me).

Martin-II.png

PananThe

C'mon, how can you defend this guy. Anyone who guns down another human, regardless of color, for "looking suspicious" needs to be gone. That is all there is to it, eye for an eye.

That race played a factor in this, which it's hard not to look at this and say it didn't since there is no other explanation for "looking suspicious", is to me somewhat irrelevant. But I'm not black, I don't see this kid and see myself in his shoes, because my appearance is not seen by many people as suspicious....many black people can and have had experiences of being profiled...to them what happened to this kid is just something that has happened to them taken to extremes.

If a Christian was gunned down by an Atheist because of something he was doing out of his faith, and said Atheist was not being met with swift justice basically to find out if the "Christian had it coming", Christians would be outraged, and rightfully so. Black people are currently outraged over this, and it's not surprising. Our president is a black man, it's not surprising he empathizes with the boy more than most white republicans on here.

The race card is undoubtedly overplayed, but it's not the most overplayed and ridiculous "victimization card" in this country......that easily goes to the "persecuted Christian" card used by the majority of the people on these boards ridiculing the race card, doesn't make either right, but it's the pot calling the kettle black in a lot of ways.

bybee

C'mon, how can you defend this guy. Anyone who guns down another human, regardless of color, for "looking suspicious" needs to be gone. That is all there is to it, eye for an eye.

That race played a factor in this, which it's hard not to look at this and say it didn't since there is no other explanation for "looking suspicious", is to me somewhat irrelevant. But I'm not black, I don't see this kid and see myself in his shoes, because my appearance is not seen by many people as suspicious....many black people can and have had experiences of being profiled...to them what happened to this kid is just something that has happened to them taken to extremes.

If a Christian was gunned down by an Atheist because of something he was doing out of his faith, and said Atheist was not being met with swift justice basically to find out if the "Christian had it coming", Christians would be outraged, and rightfully so. Black people are currently outraged over this, and it's not surprising. Our president is a black man, it's not surprising he empathizes with the boy more than most white republicans on here.

The race card is undoubtedly overplayed, but it's not the most overplayed and ridiculous "victimization card" in this country......that easily goes to the "persecuted Christian" card used by the majority of the people on these boards ridiculing the race card, doesn't make either right, but it's the pot calling the kettle black in a lot of ways.

No, this man is innocent until proven guilty and he is being tried, judged and hung by the media. He deserves the same legal protections that anyone else deserves.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
No, this man is innocent until proven guilty and he is being tried, judged and hung by the media. He deserves the same legal protections that anyone else deserves.

Amen, People need to wait to reserve their judgment till they get all the facts.

some other dude

Oh heck. A black teenager's dead. By somebody other than another black teenager. Obviously it's a case of blatant racism and somebody should pay.

What?

What about all those other black teens killed by black teens?

Meh :idunno:

zoo22

Bybee, there's a difference between "innocent until proven guilty" and "somehow managing to walk away scott-free after following and shooting an unarmed teen who was walking back from the store after buying some skittles."

It wouldn't be such a media sensation if he'd been arrested and a real investigation was underway.