John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I am rather shocked by your symbol. As well as the labels at the bottoms of your post, but every word you wrote here is fair and true. Do you have any discussions going on here?

It is the hindu symbol 'om' or 'A-U-M', the creative sound-current or 'logos' which brings all creation into being, so it is another name for 'God' :) - it corresponds with same or similar meaning of the 'logos', 'naam', 'tao', the universal creative cosmic vibration in other religious traditions. Such a symbol ought not 'shock', but enlighten the soul. Truth is universal.

You may look in my profile, bio, blog, thread and posts catalog and signature links for more information ;) You can pull up a file catalog by clicking on the persons name or going to their profile to discover more.

God's Truth

I commented on your dialogue with GT and got blasted for it, but my gesture and offer towards forgiveness has apparently been taken, God willing :)

I think if GT wants to focus on 'obedience',...more power to her. God bless her in her obedience to do God's will. What beliefs have been shared have already been shared, so what might profit all is a creative direction beyond the usual circular arguments into something more innovative and interesting. Try a new approach.

If you are not obeying Jesus, then you are disobeying Jesus. Why would you want to explore disobeying Jesus?

You will never know the power of His Word until you obey Him. You are not going to do that because you love Buddhism and the such so much.

You are missing out.

God's Truth

In the end, we are all motivated out of Love for God. We all believe we are helping one another by being here. Discussion boards like this have high mounted tensions because everyone is worried about everyone's eternal fate.

If you look at it this way, everything makes since.

Of course I have looked at it that way, it does not excuse people who kill others for their own good.

God's Truth

And isn't it nice that a 'Nazi god' is not in charge, to merely give grace to only those he chooses, while passing over others all by his own choice. Human free will has no part or place in this Nazi-god's sovereign control of things, and he would have it no other way, of course. The belief system spares nothing lest this god's total control is taken, as if to safe-guard his free choosing to both save and damn as he pleases. In the effort to afford such a maniacal 'god' his power, intelligence and rational is sacrified,...but at tragic expense.

That is right. However, you could go even further in the truth if you would obey Jesus in all things.
The Bible shows that we have free will, and it also shows that you are doing wrong when you go to other gods, which are demons.

God's Truth

You don't have the slightest idea of what the Gospel is.

You do not have the slightest idea of how blind and ensnared you are.

It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus.

If you would only obey him, then you wouldn't be ensnared.

You need to start by humbling yourself, maybe then your big swollen ankle will not be so inflated and it can be released from the ankle trap that is holding you.

God has chosen to provide salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

The scripture plainly says that, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved, Romans 10:13.

Nothing about works or obedience.

If you call on Jesus, Jesus says that you had better be obeying him and that he will only save those who obey.

Why don't you believe him? Tell me, why won't you believe him?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
17190612_1475322112500432_5949545090158304215_n.jpg

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

I'm not impressed with Spurgeon's belief system.

While love and grace are indeed powerful forces, there are scriptures that show that such CAN be 'resisted' or 'refused'. Thru-out the narrative of the Bible,...man has resisted the will of God in various ways, and it appears some may finally and ultimately reject life altogether and suffer eternal death.

What Calvinism does is make God the enforcer and perpetrator of DEATH, instead of allowing souls the freedom to choose either life or death of their own volition. This makes this 'god' a 'Nazi-god' of the worse degree,...much worse than Hitler since souls are but pawns to be used, being dispensable....even worse these souls are eternally damned (either suffering forever in some 'hell-like' state, or wholly disintegrated)...not just subjected to a physical life-time of pain and suffering. You might want to think twice if this is the kind of 'god' you value and worship.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
It is never ever wrong to obey Jesus.

If you would only obey him, then you wouldn't be ensnared.

I don't thing RP ever claimed it was wrong to obey Jesus,...any follower of Jesus would obviously honor, respect and DO as he instructs. Not rocket science,...unless one believes they don't have to follow Jesus commandments, explaining for some doctrinal reason why they are exempt from doing so. Some 'dispensationalize' everything, so that Jesus teachings were only for those before Paul's gospel of grace came along, so you can cherry-pick his words, which apply,...lest you fall under the old law :rolleyes:

It remains true that faith without works is dead. Faith is essential, yes...and this is were many choose to stay with a 'theoritical' assumption of faith, ...that it is all you need. Much of this faith is only in some 'positional' stance, more of an intellectual concept of 'faith',....and this seems sufficient, but of course a true and living faith is much more, having a dynamic that effects ACTION and produces good works, naturally....since living faith inspires one to DO God's will, to fulfill itself by obeying the Spirit of God. These things are fundamental,...so much of the debate is but in subtle details, semantics, presuppositions, technical nuances, etc.

Faith if allowed to fully fulfill itself in God, will bear its full fruit, unto salvation. - this obviously includes full hearted devotion and loyalty to DO God's will. Since Love is the fulfilling the law, it is by the Holy Spirit within, that love is generated, and that love will express itself in service. The 'seed' of faith must sprout, grow and bear its fruit in all its stages of life.

God's Truth

I don't thing RP ever claimed it was wrong to obey Jesus,...any follower of Jesus would obviously honor, respect and DO as he instructs. Not rocket science,...unless one believes they don't have to follow Jesus commandments, explaining for some doctrinal reason why they are exempt from doing so. Some 'dispensationalize' everything, so that Jesus teachings were only for those before Paul's gospel of grace came along, so you can cherry-pick his words, which apply,...lest you fall under the old law :rolleyes:

It remains true that faith without works is dead. Faith is essential, yes...and this is were many choose to stay with a 'theoritical' assumption of faith, ...that it is all you need. Much of this faith is only in some 'positional' stance, more of an intellectual concept of 'faith',....and this seems sufficient, but of course a true and living faith is much more, having a dynamic that effects ACTION and produces good works, naturally....since living faith inspires one to DO God's will, to fulfill itself by obeying the Spirit of God. These things are fundamental,...so much of the debate is but in subtle details, semantics, presuppositions, technical nuances, etc.

Faith if allowed to fully fulfill itself in God, will bear its full fruit, unto salvation. - this obviously includes full hearted devotion and loyalty to DO God's will.

I can hardly bring myself to read all that; however I did read where you stood up for Robert Pate's falseness.

Go and think about it some more.

God's Truth

You poor lost soul. If faith is a work then why did Jesus encourage us to believe in him? John 3:16

Jesus also encouraged people TO OBEY.

We have to believe that we have to obey the King.

There are so many scriptures that say to obey.

Why do you feel right within yourself to go against those scriptures?

God's Truth

Pate escapes GT and GT escapes Pate. Both are screwed.

quote-to-escape-the-error-of-salvation-by-works-we-have-fallen-into-the-opposite-error-of-aiden-wilson-tozer-94-84-89.jpg

Even demons believe and do something, they shudder.

You preach what is not there, it is from the air, the prince of the air, Satan. He is the prince of the air and puts thoughts in the imagination of men. That is where false doctrines come from.

You want power over the devil and his demons? I want to tell you how.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I can hardly bring myself to read all that; however I did read where you stood up for Robert Pate's falseness.

Go and think about it some more.

What was wrong with my honest forthright commentary? Your tone comes off as condescending, not very pleasant. I'd check to see in what 'spirit' you are communicating with,...that's key in how you dialogue with others. Is my commentary TOO LONG for you? Are you too GOOD or High-minded to read a few paragraphs? Really?

My commentary stands,...you're expressing an offensive argumentative attitude. Not good. I think you need to do some soul searching and get off your high horse.

God's Truth

What was wrong with my honest forthright commentary? Your tone comes off as condescending, not very pleasant. I'd check to see in what 'spirit' you are communicating with,...that's key in how you dialogue with others. Is my commentary TOO LONG for you? Are you too GOOD or High-minded to read a few paragraphs? Really?

My commentary stands,...you're expressing an offensive argumentative attitude. Not good. I think you need to do some soul searching and get off your high horse.

My tone comes off wrong and from a bad spirit, you say.

You are the one who is siding with a man that says neither I, nor you is saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.