John Calvin's Nazi God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

The change of the law is that it has been abolished, but only for the Christian.
The Christian wasn't under the old law.

Its gone, Ephesians 2:15.

There is no old law for ANYONE anymore; not for Jew or Gentile.

The new way to live is not by rules, laws or religion.
The rules are in the saved's heart and mind. I can hardly believe that you would think there are no rules and regulations to follow. Jesus came to tell us the new rules and regulations.

God's powerful words are for all who will have eternal life.

The new way to live is by faith, Paul said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:16. Living by rules, law and religion is not living by faith.

No, it means you do not have to live by getting circumcised and sacrificing animals.

Its living by the flesh. Jesus fulfilled the law and abolished it because it was contrary to us, no one could do it or keep it, Colossian 2:14.

People did follow the old law, and blamelessly.

You do not know the scriptures well enough to try to teach and correct.

All you can do is fool drug addicts and other gullible people that have been led astray by a false light that you offered them.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Christian wasn't under the old law.

There is no old law for ANYONE anymore; not for Jew or Gentile.

The rules are in the saved's heart and mind. I can hardly believe that you would think there are no rules and regulations to follow. Jesus came to tell us the new rules and regulations.

God's powerful words are for all who will have eternal life.

No, it means you do not have to live by getting circumcised and sacrificing animals.

People did follow the old law, and blamelessly.

You do not know the scriptures well enough to try to teach and correct.

All you can do is fool drug addicts and other gullible people that have been led astray by a false light that you offered them.

You are under the law and will be judged by the law. You are worse than a Pharisee.

God's Truth

Are you kidding?

wow.

And what evidence do you have to make such a judgment?

I shared a truth, and you give a judgment. Thats telling.

You do not obey Jesus, you go to other gods, which are demons.

We do not love purely, sincerely, deeply from the heart until after we obey Jesus’ teachings. We do not know how to really love, until we love like Jesus loved us, and that comes from obeying him and believing in him. We love better after the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit which comes through our obeying.

See 1 Peter 1:22; John 13:34; Romans 12:10; James 4:8; Hebrews 13:1; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Peter 3:8; 1 Peter 4:8;

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You do not obey Jesus, you go to other gods, which are demons.

We do not love purely, sincerely, deeply from the heart until after we obey Jesus’ teachings. We do not know how to really love, until we love like Jesus loved us, and that comes from obeying him and believing in him. We love better after the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit which comes through our obeying.

See 1 Peter 1:22; John 13:34; Romans 12:10; James 4:8; Hebrews 13:1; 1 Peter 1:2; 1 Peter 3:8; 1 Peter 4:8;

Sorry, your judgments are mistaken.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You are wowing, yet you are the one who had the nerve to tell me about God's love.

Your pious bigoted judgment is something that caused a 'wow' in response. I simply shared that living the law of love, since God is love...is fulfilling the law of God. - engaging in petty 'apples and oranges' debate (nitpicking), which only breeds contempt and conflict is not helpful or edifying, it may in fact be grieving the spirit. In any case,...the truth I shared about love being that which fulfills the law, stands as is.

God's Truth

Your pious bigoted judgment is something that caused a 'wow' in response. I simply shared that living the law of love, since God is love...is fulfilling the law of God. - engaging in petty 'apples and oranges' debate (nitpicking), which only breeds contempt and conflict is not helpful or edifying, it may in fact be grieving the spirit. In any case,...the truth I shared about love being that which fulfills the law, stands as is.

You were trying to tell me about something as if I did not know. You are passive aggressive, and that is NOT love.

God's Truth

You cannot love unless you are obeying.

Tell me how that is nit picking to speak the Truth.

Tell me how you love if you are not obeying.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Nipping this in the bud.......making peace with GT

Nipping this in the bud.......making peace with GT

You were trying to tell me about something as if I did not know. You are passive aggressive, and that is NOT love.

Hi GT, ....we're gonna nip this in the bud now,

See my former posts and read more carefully. I was not in any way, shape or form being 'passive aggressive' (funny meshak I think recently accused me of such or something similar...hmmmmm, interesting), and what I was sharing was CERTAINLY in the interest of and by the inspiration of love, for love's sake. It was sharing a universal law, suggesting that we focus on living by Love's guidance (the Spirit) instead of getting carried away with 'arguing' (excessively) over little points of doctrine (differences of opinion). Follow? Its a good thing.

I already know you know what the scriptures teach, so it was by no means meant to question your knowledge or TEACH you something new. I'd think you'd rejoice in that truth, but maybe your religious 'pride' got pricked in my sharing of that and you took it 'personally'? Let us do some soul searching.

Perhaps looking back over your 'back n forth' volleying with RP...you might see a trend of bickering over little points which does become rather tedious and verging on 'annoying' (and condescending) by we readers and posters who are following along here, and DO REMEMBER the thread-subject, so as to avoid too much clutter with volleying back and forth on non-essentials. The sharing of LOVE as the law, and being God's nature, is fundamental, if not primary to our relationship with others. When the 'tone' and 'spirit' (also accusations, name-calling, and the like) get condescending I don't think that's the Holy Spirit behind it. In fact, as I said,...when we act contrary to love, the Spirit is grieved. The Holy Spirit then would have rejoiced in what I shared in reminding us about LOVE, not get offended.

I know we've probably exhausted the shortcomings and imperfections of Calvinism (here and in other threads),...but that is the subject here, so you can creatively stretch it out, if you like.

You cannot love unless you are obeying.

Tell me how that is nit picking to speak the Truth.

Tell me how you love if you are not obeying.

First of all GT,...you are going back to your own preconceived and preferred theological pre-texts here, when I have not even brought up anything on 'obedience' in this thread recently, and in fact in some of my latest commentaries have heralded and professed with strong words the importance of obedience to God's will, his voice, his way, etc. See here (also blogged it).

Note as well, YOU brought the first accusation/judgment in response to my initial post -

freelight wrote:

"You guys are arguing apples and oranges - live the law of love, and you will fulfill all laws. God is love.
" (note here it is simply an instruction to fulfill God's law, hardly a negative or passive aggressive suggestion, I'm sharing the teaching of Jesus himself, and John, encouraging to love).

~*~*~

GT responded:

"You do not obey God, so you do not have sincere and pure love from God. "

Now look how personal, judgmental and condescending you are by your words above. I just called them out, and critiqued them in a right and constructive manner, for one's good. And in light of all the prolific and exemplary commentary I've done on 'obeying God' :), I'm told I do not obey God, or have no sincere or pure love from God. WOW. And yes...the 'wow' here is merited. Now I can only imagine if I or anyone told YOU....you do not OBEY God, and have NO sincere or pure love from God. Imagine the rebuttal! - just saying and being a mirror for you.

But as I shared, I choose to NIP this in the BUD, here and now. In light of our former dialogue, which any and all can READ for themselves in the previous page(s), if I offended you in any way or hurt you,...even if by mistake or misperception I ask you to forgive me. A correct reading however of our former exchange shows no ill will or judgment by my intention. While your response to me, was MUCH MORE judgmental and condescending, I've already forgiven you for that. I AM a free man :) - I've made my peace here, and await your response, in the Spirit (assuming you will respond by the Spirit). And we can move onto discussing the thread-subject, or carry on elsewhere, God willing ;)

Thank You :)

God's Truth

Hi GT, ....we're gonna nip this in the bud now,

See my former posts and read more carefully. I was not in any way, shape or form being 'passive aggressive' (funny meshak I think recently accused me of such or something similar...hmmmmm, interesting), and what I was sharing was CERTAINLY in the interest of and by the inspiration of love, for love's sake. It was sharing a universal law, suggesting that we focus on living by Love's guidance (the Spirit) instead of getting carried away with 'arguing' (excessively) over little points of doctrine (differences of opinion). Follow? Its a good thing.

I already know you know what the scriptures teach, so it was by no means meant to question your knowledge or TEACH you something new. I'd think you'd rejoice in that truth, but maybe your religious 'pride' got pricked in my sharing of that and you took it 'personally'? Let us do some soul searching.

Perhaps looking back over your 'back n forth' volleying with RP...you might see a trend of bickering over little points which does become rather tedious and verging on 'annoying' (and condescending) by we readers and posters who are following along here, and DO REMEMBER the thread-subject, so as to avoid too much clutter with volleying back and forth on non-essentials. The sharing of LOVE as the law, and being God's nature, is fundamental, if not primary to our relationship with others. When the 'tone' and 'spirit' (also accusations, name-calling, and the like) get condescending I don't think that's the Holy Spirit behind it. In fact, as I said,...when we act contrary to love, the Spirit is grieved. The Holy Spirit then would have rejoiced in what I shared in reminding us about LOVE, not get offended.

I know we've probably exhausted the shortcomings and imperfections of Calvinism (here and in other threads),...but that is the subject here, so you can creatively stretch it out, if you like.

First of all GT,...you are going back to your own preconceived and preferred theological pre-texts here, when I have not even brought up anything on 'obedience' in this thread recently, and in fact in some of my latest commentaries have heralded and professed with strong words the importance of obedience to God's will, his voice, his way, etc. See here (also blogged it).

Note as well, YOU brought the first accusation/judgment in response to my initial post -

freelight wrote:

"You guys are arguing apples and oranges - live the law of love, and you will fulfill all laws. God is love.
" (note here it is simply an instruction to fulfill God's law, hardly a negative or passive aggressive suggestion, I'm sharing the teaching of Jesus himself, and John, encouraging to love).

~*~*~

GT responded:

"You do not obey God, so you do not have sincere and pure love from God. "

Now look how personal, judgmental and condescending you are by your words above. I just called them out, and critiqued them in a right and constructive manner, for one's good. And in light of all the prolific and exemplary commentary I've done on 'obeying God' :), I'm told I do not obey God, or have no sincere or pure love from God. WOW. And yes...the 'wow' here is merited. Now I can only imagine if I or anyone told YOU....you do not OBEY God, and have NO sincere or pure love from God. Imagine the rebuttal! - just saying and being a mirror for you.

But as I shared, I choose to NIP this in the BUD, here and now. In light of our former dialogue, which any and all can READ for themselves in the previous page(s), if I offended you in any way or hurt you,...even if by mistake or misperception I ask you to forgive me. A correct reading however of our former exchange shows no ill will or judgment by my intention. While your response to me, was MUCH MORE judgmental and condescending, I've already forgiven you for that. I AM a free man :) - I've made my peace here, and await your response, in the Spirit (assuming you will respond by the Spirit). And we can move onto discussing the thread-subject, or carry on elsewhere, God willing ;)

Thank You :)

Okay, I see that your apology is proof of your pride and passive aggressiveness.

This post of yours is full of accusations, falseness, and meanness.

God's Truth

Freelight, you are ensnared to falsely accuse me. God warns about people such as yourself.

You falsely judge me so that you can try to undermine the truth that I speak.

You put me down for debating when you yourself debate.

You put me down for debating when it is not wrong to debate.

You are confused about what is right and wrong because you are ensnared and do what is wrong.

God plainly and clearly says He is a jealous God and not to share in with demons, which you do.

You tried hard to rebuke me with your none minding self. Anyone who can see can see what is wrong with what you do.

God's Truth

You should include yourself. You are the one that has embraced the doctrine of a heretic.

All souls are precious to God. Jesus has provided salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. If you reject the free offer of salvation you will perish.

I have to agree with you on that one.

God's Truth

We are to debate, even in public debate. We are to argue, vigorously refute, sharply dispute, persuade, oppose, defend, confirm, command, preach, teach, instruct, rebuke, encourage, and contend.

Go ahead and ask me for the scriptures.

You condemn yourself in your condemnation of me.

You debate and yet you condemn those that debate.

You are a hypocrite and false accuser.

All I have told you to do is to obey all of God's Word.

You go to Buddha, Hindu gods, Vernon Howard, and other false teachings.

I am just trying to help you out of love.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.