JOHN 3:14 LIFTED UP

DougE

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Numbers 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

It may well be that Jesus was speaking of being lifted up on the cross as Moses lifted up the serpent upon a pole. The people of Israel spoke against God and Moses so the Lord sent serpents against the people and many died. Whoever looked upon the serpent of brass lived just as whosoever looks upon Jesus and believes in him shall not perish.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

These passages were given to Israel, but just as they, we have to believe on Jesus to be saved. Israel was condemned by not believing in the name of Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God; nothing was as yet revealed of the redemption for all in the cross.

TrevorL

Greetings DougE,
John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
It may well be that Jesus was speaking of being lifted up on the cross as Moses lifted up the serpent upon a pole. The people of Israel spoke against God and Moses so the Lord sent serpents against the people and many died. Whoever looked upon the serpent of brass lived just as whosoever looks upon Jesus and believes in him shall not perish.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
I agree with the above that the serpent lifted up in the wilderness foreshadowed the crucifixion of Christ. The following uses similar language and ideas:
John 12:32–33 (KJV): 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
These passages were given to Israel, but just as they, we have to believe on Jesus to be saved. Israel was condemned by not believing in the name of Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God; nothing was as yet revealed of the redemption for all in the cross.
I am not sure why you make this distinction as all the passages include Jews and Gentiles. Nevertheless there was yet to be a more full opening of the One Gospel to the Gentiles through the preaching of Peter commencing in Acts 10 and Paul in Acts 13.

Kind regards,
Trevor

DougE

Greetings DougE, I agree with the above that the serpent lifted up in the wilderness foreshadowed the crucifixion of Christ. The following uses similar language and ideas:
John 12:32–33 (KJV): 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
I am not sure why you make this distinction as all the passages include Jews and Gentiles. Nevertheless there was yet to be a more full opening of the One Gospel to the Gentiles through the preaching of Peter commencing in Acts 10 and Paul in Acts 13.

Kind regards,
Trevor

Hello Trevor
I agree with you as well in regards to John 12:32-33 saying being lifted up was speaking of Jesus's death

The reasons I was saying John 3:14-16 was for Israel was because:
During his earthly ministry Jesus was sent only to the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24)
The previous verses were speaking of Israel being born again
Jesus and the apostles were preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel which required them to repent and believe on the name of Jesus as Messiah and the Son of God (John 3:18)

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
The reasons I was saying John 3:14-16 was for Israel was because:
During his earthly ministry Jesus was sent only to the house of Israel (Matthew 15:24)
The previous verses were speaking of Israel being born again
Jesus and the apostles were preaching the gospel of the kingdom to Israel which required them to repent and believe on the name of Jesus as Messiah and the Son of God (John 3:18)
John 3:16 becomes universal as it says “whosoever” and this includes Jews and Gentiles:
John 3:16 (KJV): For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life..

I agree with you that the One Gospel includes the Kingdom and the Name and this is the same Gospel preached by Philip to the Samaritans and by Paul to the Jews and Gentiles at Rome:
Acts 8:5-6, 12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Acts 28:23,30-31 (KJV): 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Kind regards
Trevor

DougE

Greetings again DougE, John 3:16 becomes universal as it says “whosoever” and this includes Jews and Gentiles:
John 3:16 (KJV): For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life..

I agree with you that the One Gospel includes the Kingdom and the Name and this is the same Gospel preached by Philip to the Samaritans and by Paul to the Jews and Gentiles at Rome:
Acts 8:5-6, 12 (KJV): 5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them. 6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did. 12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
Acts 28:23,30-31 (KJV): 23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging; to whom he expounded and testified the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the prophets, from morning till evening. 30 And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, 31 Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello Trevor
I agree with you in regard to John 3:16 as being a verse for salvation in that all scripture is profitable but is it the best or only verse to give, in that Paul relates his gospel as being the full revelation of salvation.

Philip preached Christ and believing on his name but did not preach the fully revealed gospel that was given to Paul. Paul preached Jesus from the law and the prophets as well as the foundation of his gospel, the same Jesus Peter and the disciples preached.

k0de

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Numbers 21:8 And the LORD said unto Moses, Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole: and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

21:9 And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, and it came to pass, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when he beheld the serpent of brass, he lived.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Agree. And presents Jesus as superior to Moses.

Isaiah:

52: 13. See, my servant will act wisely ; he will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted.

14. Just as there were many who were appalled at him — his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being and his form marred beyond human likeness—

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
Philip preached Christ and believing on his name but did not preach the fully revealed gospel that was given to Paul. Paul preached Jesus from the law and the prophets as well as the foundation of his gospel, the same Jesus Peter and the disciples preached.
I appreciate your response, but I disagree. Peter, Philip and Paul preached the same Gospel, the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ. For salvation, we affectionately believe this One Gospel and are motivated to be identified with the death and resurrection of Jesus in water baptism Acts 8:5-6, 12, Romans 6:1-8 and then live the crucified / resurrected life motivated by the faith and love of Christ Galatians 2:20, 5:6, looking for the return of Jesus to establish His Kingdom upon the earth for the 1000 years when he sits upon the Throne of David as King / Priest in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-4, Micah 4:1-8, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14. One hope, one baptism, one faith.

Kind regards
Trevor

DougE

Greetings again DougE,I appreciate your response, but I disagree. Peter, Philip and Paul preached the same Gospel, the things concerning the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ. For salvation, we affectionately believe this One Gospel and are motivated to be identified with the death and resurrection of Jesus in water baptism Acts 8:5-6, 12, Romans 6:1-8 and then live the crucified / resurrected life motivated by the faith and love of Christ Galatians 2:20, 5:6, looking for the return of Jesus to establish His Kingdom upon the earth for the 1000 years when he sits upon the Throne of David as King / Priest in Jerusalem Isaiah 2:1-4, Micah 4:1-8, Daniel 2:35,44, Zechariah 14. One hope, one baptism, one faith.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello Trevor
Thanks for your comments.

Paul preached Jesus according to the revelation of the mystery revealed to him by Jesus (Romans 16:25) and from the law and prophets (Romans 16:26). From the law and the prophets Paul would have preached the name of Jesus as Christ, the Son of God.

But revealed to Paul was mystery hid in God (Ephesians 3:9) and not revealed to the prophets or the twelve or Philip (Colossians 1:26). It is only by Paul that we have the gospel of the grace of God; all are justified freely by Jesus's death for our sins and his resurrection (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). It is only by Paul that we have knowledge of the church the body of Christ (Colossians 1:18). It is only by Paul that we have knowledge of our position in heaven (Ephesians 2:6).

Please show me where we as the body of Christ are commanded to be baptized by water.

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
Please show me where we as the body of Christ are commanded to be baptized by water.
Baptism by water is taught in the following two examples where Paul is writing to the Galatians and the Romans:
Romans 6:1-8 (KJV): 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
The above language assumes that the Roman believers who Paul was addressing were ALL already baptised in water.

Galatians 3:26-28 (KJV): 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The above language assumes that the Galatians believers who Paul was addressing were ALL already baptised in water. Show me the Scriptures where Paul states that it is not necessary to be baptised in water after belief of the Gospel. There are many examples where the believers were baptised in water after the preaching by Paul of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ.

Kind regards
Trevor

DougE

Greetings again DougE,
Baptism by water is taught in the following two examples where Paul is writing to the Galatians and the Romans:
Romans 6:1-8 (KJV): 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
The above language assumes that the Roman believers who Paul was addressing were ALL already baptised in water.

Galatians 3:26-28 (KJV): 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
The above language assumes that the Galatians believers who Paul was addressing were ALL already baptised in water. Show me the Scriptures where Paul states that it is not necessary to be baptised in water after belief of the Gospel. There are many examples where the believers were baptised in water after the preaching by Paul of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God and the Name of Jesus Christ.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello Trevor
Nowhere is it said in Romans 6 and Galatians 3 that they were baptized in water...they were baptized into Christ by the Spirit 1 Corinthians 12:13

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
Nowhere is it said in Romans 6 and Galatians 3 that they were baptized in water...they were baptized into Christ by the Spirit 1 Corinthians 12:13
The language and terms of Romans 6 and Galatians 3 “baptised into his death”, “buried with him”, “raised up from the dead”, “the likeness of his death”, “the likeness of his resurrection”, “our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed”, and “as many of you that have been baptised into Christ have put on Christ” seem to suggest immersion and Baptism in water. 1 Corinthians 12:13 is in the context the Spirit Gifts. It is interesting that Cornelius and his company experienced both baptism of the Spirit and baptism by water. The baptism by Spirit applies at least to the two Gifts, speaking in tongues and prophecy.

Acts 10:44–48 (KJV): 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Spirit as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 11:13–18 (KJV): 13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Kind regards,
Trevor

k0de

Agree!

Compare:

John 12: 41. Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him.

John 12: 34. The crowd spoke up, "We have heard from the Law that the Messiah will remain forever, so how can you say, 'The Son of Man must be lifted up'? Who is this 'Son of Man'?"

John 12: 37. Even after Jesus had performed so many signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him.

John 12: 32. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

DougE

Greetings again DougE, The language and terms of Romans 6 and Galatians 3 “baptised into his death”, “buried with him”, “raised up from the dead”, “the likeness of his death”, “the likeness of his resurrection”, “our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed”, and “as many of you that have been baptised into Christ have put on Christ” seem to suggest immersion and Baptism in water. 1 Corinthians 12:13 is in the context the Spirit Gifts. It is interesting that Cornelius and his company experienced both baptism of the Spirit and baptism by water. The baptism by Spirit applies at least to the two Gifts, speaking in tongues and prophecy.

Acts 10:44–48 (KJV): 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Spirit. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Spirit as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 11:13–18 (KJV): 13 And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; 14 Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. 15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them, as on us at the beginning. 16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit. 17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? 18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

Kind regards,
Trevor

Hello
Be careful on building doctrine on the book of Acts as it is a transitional book about the diminishing of Israel and they were obeying their commandments in regard to baptisms for the remission of sins to be cleansed and prepared to be priests in the kingdom.

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
I agree with most of what you said but, there was a distinction between the gospels preached but yet they were a progressive revelation.
Sorry but it is not one big gospel (Please correct me if I have mischaractized )....Paul never preached the gospel of the kingdom by which only Israel was promised an earthly kingdom
Be careful on building doctrine on Cornelius and the book of Acts as it is a transitional book about the diminishing of Israel and Cornelius etc were obeying their commandments in regard to baptisms for the remission of sins to be cleansed and prepared to be priests in the kingdom.
Luke was a constant companion to Paul and the Book of Acts covers the period up to the end of Paul’s first imprisonment in Rome. Yes, I believe that there is only ONE GOSPEL. I cannot agree with your distinctions. I suggest that possibly you cannot reconcile the Book of The Acts with your particular view of the Gospel to the Gentiles based on a wrong view of the teaching in Paul’s Letters.

One aspect to commend your view is that you to some extent still believe in the validity of the prophecies concerning the future Kingdom of God upon earth.

Kind regards
Trevor

JPPT1974

Paul's Letters were from His travels. And how that He would do anything not care about what he does or would be facing imprisonment, beatings, being kicked out of, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Remember He was the last one to see Jesus with his own eyes but the first to see Jesus on the earth resurrected on the road to redemption.

DougE

Greetings again DougE, Luke was a constant companion to Paul and the Book of Acts covers the period up to the end of Paul’s first imprisonment in Rome. Yes, I believe that there is only ONE GOSPEL. I cannot agree with your distinctions. I suggest that possibly you cannot reconcile the Book of The Acts with your particular view of the Gospel to the Gentiles based on a wrong view of the teaching in Paul’s Letters.

One aspect to commend your view is that you to some extent still believe in the validity of the prophecies concerning the future Kingdom of God upon earth.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello
Fair enough about the gospel distinctions as long as you are trusting Christ alone and his free justification through faith in his blood, death and resurrection we are good.

Just allow me one last presentation to show that there are differing gospels that had to be believed for eternal life....Abraham was given the gospel in Galatians 3:8 that the nations would be blessed

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
Fair enough about the gospel distinctions as long as you are trusting Christ alone and his free justification through faith in his blood, death and resurrection we are good.
The Gospel includes this and is part of the things concerning the Name of Jesus Christ. Another major element of the Gospel is the things concerning the Kingdom of God Acts 8:5-6, 12.
Just allow me one last presentation to show that there are differing gospels that had to be believed for eternal life....Abraham was given the gospel in Galatians 3:8 that the nations would be blessed
I do not accept that this is a differing gospel, but part of the One Gospel from Eden. This is a very succinct summary of the things of the Name and the Kingdom.

Kind regards
Trevor

DougE

Greetings again DougE,The Gospel includes this and is part of the things concerning the Name of Jesus Christ. Another major element of the Gospel is the things concerning the Kingdom of God Acts 8:5-6, 12. I do not accept that this is a differing gospel, but part of the One Gospel from Eden. This is a very succinct summary of the things of the Name and the Kingdom.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello
I am enjoying this discussion.

I want to clarify this with you if you will...the kingdom of God....do you view this as the promised prophetic kingdom on earth wherein Jesus reigns on the throne of David from Jerusalem and the believing remnant of Israel reigns as kings and priests. But the kingdom also includes the heavenly places occupied by the body of Christ.

As far as the differing gospel of Abraham goes....it is part of what Paul calls the gospel of God...
the gospel given Abraham is part of the progressive gospel revealing the redemption of mankind starting in Genesis 3:15 and ending with the revelations of Paul...it is all about redemption in Christ....but only pieces of this gospel were revealed at a time and they were to be believed during each dispensation.

TrevorL

Greetings again DougE,
I am enjoying this discussion.
Yes, it is interesting as I have not understood what Dispensationalism is all about, and from what I have seen on forums there are at least a few varieties.
I want to clarify this with you if you will...the kingdom of God....do you view this as the promised prophetic kingdom on earth wherein Jesus reigns on the throne of David from Jerusalem
I agree up to this statement.
and the believing remnant of Israel reigns as kings and priests. But the kingdom also includes the heavenly places occupied by the body of Christ.
I am not sure of what you are saying here. The Kings and Priests will be immortal and will share the rulership with Jesus during the 1000 years and will be upon the earth. They will be the faithful from the Garden of Eden, including for example Abel, Noah and Abraham, and all the faithful of Jews and Gentiles up until the return of Jesus. The believing remnant of Israel (if you are talking about those that survive Armageddon and are converted when Christ returns) will be subjects of this Kingdom, and will be mortals. These will comprise the first dominion of the Kingdom and will have an important role in relation to the other subject nations of the Kingdom.
As far as the differing gospel of Abraham goes....it is part of what Paul calls the gospel of God...
the gospel given Abraham is part of the progressive gospel revealing the redemption of mankind starting in Genesis 3:15 and ending with the revelations of Paul...it is all about redemption in Christ....but only pieces of this gospel were revealed at a time and they were to be believed during each dispensation.
I find this statement and explanation difficult and obscure as I believe that there is only One Gospel. The verse that you quoted speaks of “the Gospel”, implying that there is only One Gospel.
Galatians 3:8 (KJV): And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
The phrase “In thee shall all nations be blessed” is a comprehensive summary of this One Gospel, as are the following:
Genesis 3:15 (KJV): And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Romans 1:1–5,16-17 (KJV): 1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Romans 1:16–17 (AV) 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Kind regards
Trevor

DougE

Greetings again DougE, Yes, it is interesting as I have not understood what Dispensationalism is all about, and from what I have seen on forums there are at least a few varieties.I agree up to this statement.I am not sure of what you are saying here. The Kings and Priests will be immortal and will share the rulership with Jesus during the 1000 years and will be upon the earth. They will be the faithful from the Garden of Eden, including for example Abel, Noah and Abraham, and all the faithful of Jews and Gentiles up until the return of Jesus. The believing remnant of Israel (if you are talking about those that survive Armageddon and are converted when Christ returns) will be subjects of this Kingdom, and will be mortals. These will comprise the first dominion of the Kingdom and will have an important role in relation to the other subject nations of the Kingdom.
I find this statement and explanation difficult and obscure as I believe that there is only One Gospel. The verse that you quoted speaks of “the Gospel”, implying that there is only One Gospel.
Galatians 3:8 (KJV): And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
The phrase “In thee shall all nations be blessed” is a comprehensive summary of this One Gospel, as are the following:
Genesis 3:15 (KJV): And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
Romans 1:1–5,16-17 (KJV): 1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, 2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) 3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; 4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: 5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
Romans 1:16–17 (AV) 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. 17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Kind regards
Trevor

Hello Trevor
Let me know if you wish to continue in this discussion and I will provide more clarity as best I can