Jesus' word is the center of Christianity.

God's Truth

Do you remember when Peter first preached to the Gentiles? I am just saying it may not be the same group of Gentiles. In fact, I believe it was not.

I remember when Peter first preached to the Gentiles. Does it matter if it was the same group? Please explain how it matters.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I remember when Peter first preached to the Gentiles. Does it matter if it was the same group? Please explain how it matters.

What matters is that this was not his first time among Gentiles. He had seen Gentiles come to faith. It's a separate situation.

God's Truth

What matters is that this was not his first time among Gentiles. He had seen Gentiles come to faith. It's a separate situation.

Please forgive me, but I do not understand the importance of that. I gave scripture which says Peter used to eat with the Gentiles.

The significance of that is that there is only one gospel, and there is no more Jew and Gentile as separate people with different beliefs, not when they are in Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Please forgive me, but I do not understand the importance of that. I gave scripture which says Peter used to eat with the Gentiles.

The significance of that is that there is only one gospel, and there is no more Jew and Gentile as separate people with different beliefs, not when they are in Christ.

Jews, Greeks, and the church... we are to give no offense to anyone.

1 Corinthians 10:32 NASB - 32 Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God;

One way of thinking is that Jews and Gentiles can both be members in the church, the body of Christ. Another is that when you become a part of the body of Christ, the church, you are no longer a Jew or a Gentile. Some believe that when a Gentile comes to faith he ceases to be a Gentile.

Peter did used to eat with the Gentiles. But this was not his first time among Gentiles.

God's Truth

Jews, Greeks, and the church... we are to give no offense to anyone.

1 Corinthians 10:32 NASB - 32 Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the church of God;

One way of thinking is that Jews and Gentiles can both be members in the church, the body of Christ. Another is that when you become a part of the body of Christ, the church, you are no longer a Jew or a Gentile. Some believe that when a Gentile comes to faith he ceases to be a Gentile.

Peter did used to eat with the Gentiles. But this was not his first time among Gentiles.

The scriptures say there is no more Jew and Gentile; through Jesus' body the two are made one.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The scriptures say there is no more Jew and Gentile; through Jesus' body the two are made one.

Ephesians 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility,
Do you mean there is no barrier between the two?

God's Truth

Do you mean there is no barrier between the two?

Jesus destroyed the barrier, he fulfilled the scriptures with the rules and regulations, the ceremonial works.

ALL are bound to disobedience, and all must come through Jesus to be saved. We must all come to Jesus the same way.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

All who are not in Christ are cut off from God, Jew, Gentile, and everyone.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here are the verses that show Peter was in two different places, among Gentiles.

Acts 9:43 NASB - 43 And Peter stayed many days in Joppa with a tanner named Simon.

Acts 10:1, 5, 23-24 NASB - 1 Now there was a man at Caesarea named Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian cohort, ... 5 "Now dispatch some men to Joppa and send for a man named Simon, who is also called Peter; ... 23 So he invited them in and gave them lodging. And on the next day he got up and went away with them, and some of the brethren from Joppa accompanied him. 24 On the following day he entered Caesarea. Now Cornelius was waiting for them and had called together his relatives and close friends.

Galatians 2:11-16 NASB - 11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For prior to the coming of certain men from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he began to withdraw and hold himself aloof, fearing the party of the circumcision. 13 The rest of the Jews joined him in hypocrisy, with the result that even Barnabas was carried away by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in the presence of all, "If you, being a Jew, live like the Gentiles and not like the Jews, how is it that you compel the Gentiles to live like Jews? 15 "We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles; 16 nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

God's Truth

Here are the verses that show Peter was in two different places, among Gentiles.
Right, we both know this. I was joining the discussion to give more scriptures that prove Peter taught the same gospel as Paul, to Jews and Gentiles, and even before Paul.

I do not understand why you seem to not understand. Where did we leave off on the like mindedness?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus destroyed the barrier, he fulfilled the scriptures with the rules and regulations, the ceremonial works.

ALL are bound to disobedience, and all must come through Jesus to be saved. We must all come to Jesus the same way.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

All who are not in Christ are cut off from God, Jew, Gentile, and everyone.
Here is the scripture you are referring to.

Romans 11:32 NASB - 32 For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.

And this one.

Ephesians 2:8-22 NASB - 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. 11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called "Uncircumcision" by the so-called "Circumcision," which is performed in the flesh by human hands-- 12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. 14 For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, 15 by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, 16 and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity. 17 AND HE CAME AND PREACHED PEACE TO YOU WHO WERE FAR AWAY, AND PEACE TO THOSE WHO WERE NEAR; 18 for through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father. 19 So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints, and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone, 21 in whom the whole building, being fitted together, is growing into a holy temple in the Lord, 22 in whom you also are being built together into a dwelling of God in the Spirit.

What do you believe is the barrier of the dividing wall?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Right, we both know this. I was joining the discussion to give more scriptures that prove Peter taught the same gospel as Paul, to Jews and Gentiles, and even before Paul.

I do not understand why you seem to not understand. Where did we leave off on the like mindedness?

Well, I know Peter preached to Jews and Gentiles before Paul preached to Gentiles.

God's Truth

What do you believe is the barrier of the dividing wall?

The dividing wall was the rules and regulations, the ceremonial works.

The ceremonial works for the old law, which began with a sealing by circumcision of the flesh, and included other works to make one clean and justified, just to be able to go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not do these works.

Those works were a shadow of what was coming. What was coming was Jesus Christ. The ceremonial works were a shadow of Jesus, a teaching tool about what Jesus' blood would do for us.

No one has to do any works to clean themselves anymore, for faith that Jesus' blood cleans us after repenting is what cleans and justifies us.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The dividing wall was the rules and regulations, the ceremonial works.

The ceremonial works for the old law, which began with a sealing by circumcision of the flesh, and included other works to make one clean and justified, just to be able to go to the temple to worship God, for that is where His Spirit was.

The Gentiles were dead in their sins because they did not do these works.

Those works were a shadow of what was coming. What was coming was Jesus Christ. The ceremonial works were a shadow of Jesus, a teaching tool about what Jesus' blood would do for us.

No one has to do any works to clean themselves anymore, for faith that Jesus' blood cleans us after repenting is what cleans and justifies us.

I don't get what you are telling me from the verse, passage. The other passage is Colossians 2:14-15 NASB. The word ceremonial is, as far as I can tell (I searched the NASB), not found in the Bible.

God's Truth

I don't get what you are telling me from the verse, passage. The other passage is Colossians 2:14-15 NASB. The word ceremonial is, as far as I can tell (I searched the NASB), not found in the Bible.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

The regulations were the works to be clean to go to the temple to worship God, and to eat the Passover, etc.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings—external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 9:13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean.

Hebrews 13:9 Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings. It is good for our hearts to be strengthened by grace, not by eating ceremonial foods, which is of no benefit to those who do so.

The regulations were the works to be clean to go to the temple to worship God, and to eat the Passover, etc.
Here are the verses in the NASB from these references.

Hebrews 9:10, 13 NASB - 10 since they relate only to food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation. ... 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh,

Hebrews 13:9 NASB - 9 Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, through which those who were so occupied were not benefited.

I am not following with what you are saying.

God's Truth

Here are the verses in the NASB from these references.

Hebrews 9:10, 13 NASB - 10 since they relate only to food and drink and various washings, regulations for the body imposed until a time of reformation. ... 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh,

Hebrews 13:9 NASB - 9 Do not be carried away by varied and strange teachings; for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace, not by foods, through which those who were so occupied were not benefited.

I am not following with what you are saying.

I understand that some translations do not use the word 'ceremonial' in it; however, I have explained that there are certain works one must do to be able to go to the temple to worship God, and to participate in the ceremonial acts, such as the Passover.

Do you understand that there were certain works the Jews had to do to clean themselves?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I understand that some translations do not use the word 'ceremonial' in it; however, I have explained that there are certain works one must do to be able to go to the temple to worship God, and to participate in the ceremonial acts, such as the Passover.

Do you understand that there were certain works the Jews had to do to clean themselves?
You are welcome to elaborate and I will leave this there for now. Are you talking about or sharing what you believe to be Biblical or scriptural?