Jesus: The end and the fulfillment of the Old Testament

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You have clearly made your choice...as for me and my house we will serve Yah...

We cannot serve Him without following His law.

it is that simple yet Robert decided to close his heart and follow his own desires.

sad.

Robert Pate

Banned
AGAIN: If you claim the Law was abolished at the cross everyone after has not sinned as there is now nothing to point out sin...a need of Him His Way

God's law is in the world convicting people of their need for Christ, Romans 3:19.

After one is saved they no longer need the law because they are led by the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:25, also John 14:26.

Robert Pate

Banned
We cannot serve Him without following His law.

it is that simple yet Robert decided to close his heart and follow his own desires.

sad.

I don't follow laws and rules. That is Pharisaism. Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, John 14:26.

Robert Pate

Banned
I am in good hands:)

Satan has led you to believe that you are okay.

When in reality you are not okay. You don't believe the Gospel. If you believed the Gospel you would have faith that Jesus has ALREADY saved you from your sins and that you are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Matthew 5:17 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

The Law and the Prophets
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.

Robert Pate

Banned
I always put posters on ignore when they start to become vicious.

I am not trying to be vicious.

There are two kinds of righteousness.

There is the righteousness that is of man, which is religion.

And then there is the righteousness of God, with which we must have to be saved.

No one will enter heaven without the righteousness of Christ, which is also the righteousness of God.

The righteousness of Christ becomes ours by faith in Christ and his Gospel. Those who believe that Jesus has justified, sanctified and redeemed them have the righteousness of Christ and are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. They have ceased from their own works (religion) and are resting in what Jesus has accomplished for them, Hebrews 4:10. They believe that they are complete in him, Colossians 2:10.

john w

Hall of Fame
God's law is in the world convicting people of their need for Christ, Romans 3:19.

After one is saved they no longer need the law because they are led by the Holy Spirit, Galatians 3:25, also John 14:26.

Jesus abolished the law and replaced it with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit came into the world on the day of Pentecost, Acts 2:1-13.

Jesus abolished the law and replaced it with the Holy Spirit.The Holy Spirit is the Christian's teacher.

Someone/anyone, to Pate: The Holy Spirit replaced the law, which no longer exists, which you taught us, and He teaches me that suicide bombings, and blowing up abortion clinics are just fine.

Pate:

Not a peep, from this demon. I've challenged him on this for months, and he punts, side steps it, posts irrelevant slop, changes the subject, subtly(Genesis 3:1 KJV), craftily, on orders from his serpent daddy, dismisses it.

john w

Hall of Fame
I don't follow laws and rules. That is Pharisaism. Christians are led by the Holy Spirit, John 14:26.

There is no longer any purpose for the law for the born again Christian. The Christian is not obligated to do or to keep the law. The New Testament Christian lives by faith and by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13, this is why the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Tell all of TOL, Pope Pate, if, for eg., stealing, murder is a sin,for "the born again Christian." If it is, why? If it is not, tell us why not.

Tell all of TOL, Pope Pate, if, for eg., stealing, murder is a sin,for the lost. If it is, why? If it is not, tell us why not.

Let's go, Pate. You made the "argument." Explain it, w/o just posting verses, in isolation, w/o expounding on their meaning.

Watch, again, the evasion, the changing of the subject, side stepping, sound bytes, misdirection toward me, with perhaps another racial slur......w/o addressing my questions, based upon his premise in this thread, and all the other "the law no longer exists, the OT no longer exists" duplicate threads he spams.

Go ahead, Pate. Address my questions.

You won't-he has punted for 2 months.

Robert Pate

Banned
Matthew 5:17 New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)

The Law and the Prophets
17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.

Jesus fulfilled the law for us, Matthew 5:18. He is our righteousness.

The law has been abolished for the Christian, simply because God sees the Christian as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

The law served its purpose because it brought us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. But after we are saved we are led by the Holy Spirit and not the law, John 16:13.

Robert Pate

Banned
Tell all of TOL, Pope Pate, if, for eg., stealing, murder is a sin,for "the born again Christian." If it is, why? If it is not, tell us why not.

Tell all of TOL, Pope Pate, if, for eg., stealing, murder is a sin,for the lost. If it is, why? If it is not, tell us why not.

Let's go, Pate. You made the "argument." Explain it, w/o just posting verses, in isolation, w/o expounding on their meaning.

Watch, again, the evasion, the changing of the subject, side stepping, sound bytes, misdirection toward me, with perhaps another racial slur......w/o addressing my questions, based upon his premise in this thread, and all the other "the law no longer exists, the OT no longer exists" duplicate threads he spams.

Your whole problem is that you do not believe the Gospel. You cannot understand the fact that God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ and we by faith accept his offer of reconciliation, then that means that God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus is trying to tell you that you are a sinner in need of a savior. But you can't seem to hear him.

1 Timothy 1 KJV
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Deceiver Pate, on record, time, after time after time, asserted that the law was made for sinners, not Christians, citing 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, accusing me/others of wanting to "under the law," which, in his dementia induced way of "thinking," means automatic judgment as sinners.

"Out of the other side" of his mouth, he has also, on record, in various threads, denied that Christians are considered "saints," asserting that Christians are sinners, including himself. There is no "in between," Pate. The bible either pegs you a saint/saved/justified/child of God, or a sinner/lost/child of the devil, despite your Catholic "Hail Mary's" to the contrary.

So, POPE Pate, tell all of TOL, just how you can consider yourself a sinner, meaning you sin, if there is no law, since, according to you, it was abolished, to define what sin is.

And, since you are a sinner, by your own words, you are under the law, per your own 1 Timothy 1:9 "argument."

Watch his demonic, intoxicated, made up spin, of "Well, we sin physically, but not 'spiritually,'" jazz, made up dung, and then go on about how I/others just cannot understand that.

Watch the demonic spin, dodge ball, satanic rationalization, he will spam. Watch.

john w

Hall of Fame
Your whole problem is that you do not believe the Gospel. You cannot understand the fact that God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

If God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ and we by faith accept his offer of reconciliation, then that means that God sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

No, your problem is that TOL has caught your deception, as I picked your satanic trash apart, as you just posted irrelevant misdirection, and explains why you will not touch:

Robert Pate

Banned
1 Timothy 1 KJV
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

Deceiver Pate, on record, time, after time after time, asserted that the law was made for sinners, not Christians, citing 1 Timothy 1:9 KJV, accusing me/others of wanting to "under the law," which, in your dementia induced way of "thinking," means automatic judgment as sinners.

"Out of the other side" of his mouth, he has also, on record, in various threads, denied that Christians are considered "saints," asserting that Christians are sinners, including himself. There is no "in between," Pate. The bible either pegs you a saint/saved/justified/child of God, or a sinner/lost/child of the devil, despite your Catholic "Hail Mary's" to the contrary.

So, POPE Pate, tell all of TOL, just how you can consider yourself a sinner, meaning you sin, if there is no law, since, according to you, it was abolished, to define what sin is.

And, since you are a sinner, by your own words, you are under the law, per your own 1 Timothy 1:9 "argument."

Watch his demonic, intoxicated, made up spin, of "Well, we sin physically, but not 'spiritually,'" jazz, made up dung, and then go on about how I/others just cannot understand that.

Watch the demonic spin, dodge ball, satanic rationalization, he will spam. watch.

Christians no longer need the law, simply because God sees them as perfect and complete "In Christ".

"And has raised us up together and has made us to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" Ephesians 2:6.

Can we become any better than what God has made us "In Christ?"

In Jesus Christ we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

Can the law make us any better than that? I think not.

john w

Hall of Fame

There is no longer any purpose for the law for the born again Christian. The Christian is not obligated to do or to keep the law. The New Testament Christian lives by faith and by the Holy Spirit, John 16:13, this is why the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Answer your own "argument," Pope Pate-

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus fulfilled the law for us, Matthew 5:18. He is our righteousness.

The law has been abolished for the Christian, simply because God sees the Christian as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

The law served its purpose because it brought us to Christ, Galatians 3:24. But after we are saved we are led by the Holy Spirit and not the law, John 16:13.

You made that up, deceiver-you continue to side step.

Matthew 5:17 KJV Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

So, you lie, and continue to lie.

Psalms 111 KJV

7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.

You lie, and continue to lie, devil child.