Jesus said, "Few There Be That Find It" Matthew 7:14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
If we have true faith then we will live by the will of God

Acts 5:32

And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

And right at the beginning of Galatians 3, it says o foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that you should not obey the truth

Once we know the truth, we are to obey the living God.

Once we know the truth and embrace it, we are born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. It is the Holy Spirit that produces the Christian life and good works, Ephesians 2:10. it is all of God. There is nothing to boast about, Ephesians 2:8.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Since he opened this one, I am shutting the other one down. Robert, you need to get more variety into your posting. You are a one trick pony right now. You need to start posting on other topics.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Once we know the truth and embrace it, we are born again by the word of God, which is the Gospel, 1 Peter 1:23. It is the Holy Spirit that produces the Christian life and good works, Ephesians 2:10. it is all of God. There is nothing to boast about, Ephesians 2:8.

So are you saying the HS does good work for you?

So HS is your servant?

Robert Pate

Banned
No, your "Jesus abolished" God's holy law is from the pits of hell, which your daddy devil taught you.

There is no condemnation to those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:5, because there is no law. It has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit. Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

"Not imputing their trespasses unto them" 2 Corinthians 5:19.

No law, no judgment, no sin.

john w

Hall of Fame
There is no condemnation to those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:5, because there is no law. It has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

No, satanic accuser, not being under the law,does not mean that the law no longer exists, it is dead, it is abolished, it is destroyed, it is made void, as you satanically assert, nor does those being "in Christ, mean that that the law no longer exists, it is dead, it is abolished, it is destroyed, it is made void, as you satanically assert.

Pate:There is no condemnation/judgment to those that are not subject to the laws of foreign countries, so that means that laws of foreign countries no longer exists, they are dead, they have been abolished, they have been destroyed, they have been made void!!!

Pate: Us citizens are not under the laws of foreign countries, nor will they be judged by them. That means that the laws of foreign countries no longer exists, they are dead, they have been abolished, they have been destroyed, they have been made void.

-On record assertion of yours. That is your demonic "logic."

And Ephesians 2:15 KJV, does not assert that the law no longer exists, it is dead, it is abolished, it is destroyed, it is made void, as you satanically assert, nor does those being "in Christ, mean that that the law no longer exists, it is dead, it is abolished, it is destroyed, it is made void, as you satanically assert.

No, the word of God refutes you, but satan keeps telling you to spam Ephesians 2:15 KJV, Colossians 2:14 KJV, Galatians 3:10 KJV, none of which says that the holy law of God no longer exists, as you satanically assert.

You keep spamming this made up slop, Pate, that Col. 2:13-14 KJV has God's holy laws in view, being nailed to the cross. I, and others, have corrected you on it, over, and over, and yet you keep asserting this satanic "doctrine." One more time, to protect the sheep/babes, from your lies:

What was nailed to the cross is described as “the handwriting of requirements"-that was against us, which was contrary to us.” Because “ordinances” sounds like “law,” some, like sloppy Pate, twist the meaning of “nailed it to the cross” into Paul saying the force of the law of God ended at the death of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The writ of charges...

In using the words “handwriting of requirements … contrary to us … nailed it to the cross,” Paul was describing the record of our sins, the indictment that required the penalty of death.

No, the indictments against believers, the charges against believers, the legal indebtedness against believers – was what was dropped, and nailed to the cross at the Lord Jesus Christ's death, rather than the law itself, which is consistently characterized in Scripture as eternal, and good...To wit:

Romans 7 KJV

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

“handwriting,”=a memorandum of debt, "a writing by hand" used in public and private contracts.

The wages of our sins—our debt—is death (Romans 6:23 KJV). The Lord Jesus Christ was willing to pay that debt by dying in our place, thus blotting out the record of our debt and pardoning our sins.

Survey the "death warrant" against us, because of our sin/sins is the sign that Pilate had nailed to the cross upon which the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified. John 19:19-22 KJV-It was customary to publish a writ of charges against the condemned, and the board above the Lord Jesus Christ's head was inscribed with the charges for which the Jewish authorities demanded His death. Thus, it was a Roman custom, to write the name of the condemned person and his crime on a plaque to be placed above his head at the execution. Survey Mark 15:26 KJV-"superscription of his accusation."

26 And the superscription of his accusation was written over, The King Of The Jews.

The charges removed-the meaning, then, of Colossians 2:13-14 KJV, based upon the immediate and the broader context is: You gentile believers had a death sentence against you due to your sin/sins-here are the charges............... But through the dbr, everything that one time could have been held against you has been removed.

The law against believers? No, it wasn’t God’s law that was against believers; it was the sins that they committed, as defined by that same holy, good law!. "the handwriting of ordinances that was against us,"= anything written by hand, but can more specifically apply to a legal document, bond or note of debt, was against us!!!!

Paul is relaying that the LORD God has "wiped out," removed, "nailed to the cross," through the body of Christ , representing mankind's guilt, the instrument for the remembrance of sin. The legal basis of this instrument was the "binding statutes," Col. 2:14 KJV, but what the LORD God destroyed on the cross was not the legal ground, the law, for our entanglement into sin, but the written record of our sins. By destroying the record of sins, the LORD God removed the possibility of a charge ever being made again against those who have been forgiven-a dead man is not under jurisdiction to the law.

" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us,"

The above-a handwritten acknowledgement or note of debt, something like an I.O.U. When the debt was paid in full, the handwriting was invalidated by piercing it with something sharp like a nail.

This "handwriting" was also used in the case of the crucifixion or punishment of a criminal. All the charges of which the person had been found guilty, were written on a piece of parchment, and nailed to the cross on which the person convicted of those crimes would be crucified. Everyone could then see why he was hanging there and what he had done to deserve such a cruel punishment.This written indictment/charge/accusation are seen in John 19:19-20: accusations that were hung on the cross, on which the Lord Jesus Christ hung:

19 And Pilate wrote a title, and put it on the cross. And the writing was Jesus Of Nazareth The King Of The Jews.

20 This title then read many of the Jews: for the place where Jesus was crucified was nigh to the city: and it was written in Hebrew, and Greek, and Latin.

The "accusing witness," so to speak, against the sinner, the record book of his sins, the certificate of debt, or book of debt, was removed/nailed. The Lord Jesus Christ has "erased" it, removed it out of the court, out of the witness chair of the accuser. Not only is this record of our sins removed, but it is also "nailed to the cross" in the sense that the Lord Jesus Christ took our sins upon himself, and paid the penalty for them...Survey 2 Cor. 5:21 KJV.

Moreover, pardoning someone for committing a capital crime, doesn’t do away with the law that was broken. If anything, it shows that the law carries force, for without the pardon, the criminal would die!

In the same way, the law of God carries force since breaking it (committing sin) requires the death penalty. The law is that powerful, that important. It is holy. People aren’t saved from that which was against them (the death penalty) by doing away with the law. What saves people from death is the death of the Lord Jesus Christ in the place of those who trust 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

In fact, the wording Paul employed Colossians 2:13-14 showed that the law of God continues to carry great force. By saying the penalty demanded under the law of God was nailed to the instrument that killed the Lord Jesus Christ, Paul was showing that the law of God was still in force, still requiring death for sin.

By contrast, if the law had been brought to an abrupt end by the death of the Lord Jesus Christ, from that point on, nothing would be “against the law”-duh! Nothing could be called “sin.” Of course, we know that is not true. Sin exists, which means the law that calls it “sin” also exists!

-No such thing as "abolished" for believers, you moron. We are not under the law, but the law has not been abolished, idiot, as you pervert the meaning of "abolish," from the bible. No scripture says that the law was abolished-for anyone.

Tell us how believers can be charged with the sin of rape, Pate, if the law was abolished for them. Go ahead.

Pate won't touch that.

And notice I said "charged," Pate, not convicted, to anticipate your convoluted answer.

If there is no law against rape, how can a believer, be charged with the sin/crime?

Pate: The Holy Spirit, you see...

Someone to Pate: The aw against rape, murder, ..........................has been replaced with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit tells me that rape, murder,...............is OK!!!!

Pate: Well, you se, uh, urr, "my" Holy Spirit says that rape, murder...is not OK, you se, well, urr...=subjectivism.

Colossians 2:14 KJV Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Survey Hebrews 7:15-16 KJV And it is yet far more evident if, according to the likeness of Melchisedec there arises another priest,Who is made, not according to the law of a carnal commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

Survey Hebrews 9:9-10 KJV Which was symbolic for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him who did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Which stood only in meat and drink offerings, and various washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed until the time of reformation.

God's law is not carnal,....the problem is with man....To wit, Paul...

Pate lies. "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, idiot-you lied, or are just stupid.

"the handwriting of ordinances" is not equivalent to the law. Paul was referring to the sin debt, the "certificate of debt," the "charge against the accused,".....That, was nailed to the cross, as the custom, at that time, when one was crucified, was to post/nail the charges, against the accused, on said cross. Back then, a bond debt/certificate of debt, was cancelled, by being nailed to a post.

This "dogma"/"ordinances, was a document written in one's own hand as legal proof of indebtedness, i.e., a bond of indebtedness; a note of debt.

“handwriting”-“a note of hand, or writing, in which one acknowledges that money has either been deposited with him/her, or lent to him by another, to be returned at an appointed time.”

And then later it came to refer to any acknowledgment of debt. Get it? Sin debt. That is the meaning of the word “handwriting”-an acknowledgement of debt.

It refers to anything written with the hand, a bond, note of hand, it signifies a sort of note under a man’s hand, whereby he obliges himself to the payment of any debt. In other words, a note of debt or a note of guilt.

The record that contained the charges, was nailed to the cross-canceled. Not the law. The charges were against us....The certified copy of an execution order, which was against, was nailed to the cross.

'"the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, so stop scamming people on TOL, driving them away from Christ. And Paul's point-that debt was against us, or "notice of execution," not the law, as it is good, and holy, and just, and good.......

The handwriting of ordinances is not the law. Get your facts straight-sloppy Pate. The charge against us, written order of a death sentence, "the handwriting of ordinances" is not the law, as you assert, biblically illiterate one. You changed the scripture. "the handwriting of ordinances" is a reference to the sin debt,"note of debt," the "notice of indebtedness," "the charge," the notice of the, so to speak, "certified copy of an execution order," being nailed to the cross-not the law, itself.

Romans 7 KJV

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

The Lord Jesus Christ nailed to the cross what was contrary to him...

Ephesians 2:15 KJV "the law of commandments contained in ordinances;"

Colossians 2:14 KJV "the handwriting of ordinances"

Hebrews 7:16 KJV "the law of a carnal commandment"

Hebrews 9:10 KJV "carnal ordinances;"

What the Lord Jesus Christ abolished was carnal/fleshly commandments and ordinances, and hand written ordinances=that is the context..= the decrees of exclusion established by men, which were rooted in enmity between Jew & Gentile,such as “touch not, taste not, handle not”(survey Colossians 2:21 KJV), man-made social class/caste system set in place by Oral Torah, and Jewish leaders, attempting to keep a social and religious difference between Jews and Gentiles. Ordinances/decrees were laws that were man-made. Paul was referring to man-made orders, in this verse through the term “ordinance”. These “ordinances” were, yes, indeed hostile/”hate”/”enmity”, as they restrained anyone other than “Jews” worshiping God. These ordinances made a clear separation between Jew and Gentile, by elevating one above the other, to an “elite status,” to the extent where gentiles were looked down upon, scorned, and disassociated, by Jews everywhere………..

The law has been replaced by the Holy Spirit.

Catch that deception, TOL audience?

Tell us how believers can be charged with the sin of rape, Pate, if the law was abolished for them. Go ahead.

Pate won't touch that.

And notice I said "charged," Pate, not convicted, to anticipate your convoluted answer.

If there is no law against rape, how can a believer, be charged with the sin/crime?

Pate: The Holy Spirit, you see...

Someone to Pate: The law against rape, murder, ..........................has been replaced with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit tells me that rape, murder,...............is OK!!!!

Pate: Well, you se, uh, urr, "my" Holy Spirit says that rape, murder...is not OK, you see, well, urr...=subjectivism.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.[

=Pate says that everyone is saved, as sin is transgression of the law,and when there is no law, there is no transgression, and sin is not imputed, when there is no law, per 1 John 3:4 KJV,Romans 4:15 KJV, Romans 5:13 KJV

Tell us, Pate-how can one be judged for breaking the speed limit, for rape,.........................if there is no law against speeding, rape.......................?

Go ahead, satanic Pate-tell us, as I/others, have asked you, repeatedly..

Pate says that everyone is saved, as sin is transgression of the law,and when there is no law, there is no transgression, and sin is not imputed, when there is no law, per 1 John 3:4 KJV,Romans 4:15 KJV, Romans 5:13 KJV

Tell us, Pate-how can one be judged for breaking the speed limit, for rape,.........................if there is no law against speeding, rape.......................?

Go ahead, satanic Pate-tell us, as I/others, have asked you, repeatedly..

john w

Hall of Fame

Come on, Pate....Tell all of us, if there is no law against rape, incest, suicide bombings..................How can rape, incest, suicide bombings be termed as "sin," and there be a judgment against them?

Let me guess: God's holy law, which defines what sin/transgression is, is replaced by the Holy Sprit...It's called subjectivity, and Deuteronomy 12:8 KJV, Judges 17:6 KJV, Judges 21:25 KJV, and you have no answer, being embarrassed, by the heathen, that would assert that suicide bombings are OK(Muslims), that having multiple wives is OK(Mormons), that (fill in the blank) is OK.......as they would merely respond, with, "Hey, Pate, I'm not under any such law, as it was abolished, and that law replaced by the Holy Spirit, and it tells me that "fill in the blank" is OK!!!!!!"

Epoisses

Come on, Pate....Tell all of us, if there is no law against rape, incest, suicide bombings..................How can rape, incest, suicide bombings be termed as "sin," and there be a judgment against them?

Let me guess: God's holy law, which defines what sin/transgression is, is replaced by the Holy Sprit...It's called subjectivity, and Deuteronomy 12:8 KJV, Judges 17:6 KJV, Judges 21:25 KJV, and you have no answer, being embarrassed, by the heathen, that would assert that suicide bombings are OK(Muslims), that having multiple wives is OK(Mormons), that (fill in the blank) is OK.......as they would merely respond, with, "Hey, Pate, I'm not under any such law, as it was abolished, and that law replaced by the Holy Spirit, and it tells me that "fill in the blank" is OK!!!!!!"

John W. takes every thread to the gutter with his unchristlike vitriol!! Hey John does a Christian with the love of Christ in their heart commit suicide bombings? Do they have multiple wives? Do they (fill in the blank)? No, they don't so the law has been abolished for believers who live in the Spirit which is not you. John W. is just like Jacob, Daqq and Chair who spam Torah observance for Christians over and over and over. Just another protozoic blob of a caveman who fell out of the man cave and thinks he's a theologian now. He went to the John Hagee school of how to be a dispen-stupidal-ist in three easy steps. Just unwrap your meat, put it on a stick and warm it up between your thighs - BAM! you're a caveman now.

glorydaz

John W. takes every thread to the gutter with his unchristlike vitriol!! Hey John does a Christian with the love of Christ in their heart commit suicide bombings? Do they have multiple wives? Do they (fill in the blank)? No, they don't so the law has been abolished for believers who live in the Spirit which is not you. John W. is just like Jacob, Daqq and Chair who spam Torah observance for Christians over and over and over. Just another protozoic blob of a caveman who fell out of the man cave and thinks he's a theologian now. He went to the John Hagee school of how to be a dispen-stupidal-ist in three easy steps. Just unwrap your meat, put it on a stick and warm it up between your thighs - BAM! you're a caveman now.

Oh goody....another holier than thou is showing his junk.

Status
Not open for further replies.