JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
so God anointed another God to be above himself?

"For 'He has put all things under His feet.' But when He says 'all things are put under Him,' it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:27-28)

CherubRam

GOD says that Jesus is GOD to Him, and that GOD is GOD to Jesus.

Hebrews 1:8-9 KJV
(8) But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
(9) Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Even Non-Trinitarians believe Yahshua is a god. That still does not prove Yahwah is a Trinity.

CherubRam

"For 'He has put all things under His feet.' But when He says 'all things are put under Him,' it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:27-28)

That certainly does not prove they are one and the same.

"the Son Himself will also be subject to Him"

Jerry Shugart

Yahshua was a god from heaven.

Psalm 82:6
I said, "You are (gods / elohiym;) you are all sons of the Most High.

If the Lord Jesus was just a god then why did He say that we should honor Him like we do the Father?:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him"
(Jn.5:23).​

For some reason I cannot believe that someone who is just a god would tell anyone to honor Him as they do the Father.

You said that the Lord Jesus "was a god from heaven." Please give me your evidence that there is now or ever has been more than one God from heaven.

CherubRam

If the Lord Jesus was just a god then why did He say that we should honor Him like we do the Father?:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him"

For some reason I cannot believe that someone who is just a god would tell anyone to honor Him as they do the Father.

You said that the Lord Jesus "was a god from heaven." Please give me your evidence that there is now or ever has been more than one God from heaven.

I see that you are not well. Have a nice day Jerry, and take care of yourself. Bye.

CherubRam

One and the same what? What are you talking about?

Are you the same type of being as your father?

In Trinitarian doctrine, God exists as three persons or hypostases, but is one being, having a single divine nature. The members of the Trinity are co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Matthew 18:20 KJV red letter addition
(20) For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

There is only one being that could make that claim --- GOD.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
I see that you have no evidence from the Scriptures to back up your wild claim that there are two Gods from heaven.
Nor can there be.

Isaiah 43:10 KJV
(10) Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In Trinitarian doctrine, God exists as three persons or hypostases, but is one being, having a single divine nature. The members of the Trinity are co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will.

That's how we know it is a false doctrine.

"I am going to the Father, for My Father is greater than I."

oatmeal

Matthew 25:40

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

If you treat the least of your brethren with honour, you likewise honour Jesus Christ.

Thus logically, if you honor the least of your brethren, you are honoring that brother like you are honoring God.

God's word is more than one dimensional.

oatmeal

Yes God is in charge of what the son does, for the Father is greater than the son. The son honors and obeys the Father, who alone, is "the God"

oatmeal

You can pick verses out of context to support almost any heretical doctrine, Taking the entirety of Gor's Word, we see who Jesus is.
Throughout both OT and NT we see that Jesus is God. Jesus has every attribute that God the Father does.
Jesus is omnipotent
He has "all authority"...Matthew 28:18

Jesus is omnipresent
"Where 2 or 3...I am there" Matt. 18:20

Jesus is omniscient.
John 1:48-50 Jesus knew where Nathaniel was.

Jesus is called God.
"Of the Son he(God the Father) says, "Thy throne oh God..."" Heb. 1:8
And,
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1
So the Word WAS GOD...... then compare to v14... the Word became human

Jesus is also called 'Lord'. Matt. 22:43-45

Jesus is the 'King of kings and Lord of lords'. Rev. 19:16

Jesus receives worship from angels and humans
.."Let all the angels of God worship Him" Heb. 1:6
And...
"At the name of Jesus, every knee shall bow, of those who are in Heaven, and those on earth, and under the earth."
Phil. 2:10

Jesus claimed to be equal to his father.
"I and the Father are one." John 10:30

Jesus is the mighty God and the everlasting Father Is.9:6

Jesus is the Creator. Col. 1:16

Jesus forgives sin Luke 7:48 Consider... if somebody breaks your dads arm,,, who can forgive the person? Forgiveness can only be offered by the person who has been harmed. Likewise with sin....it is a transgression against God so only He can offer forgiveness. Why were the Pharisees upset when Jesus forgave...because they understood it was blasphemy...UNLESS Jesus was the Creator God.

Who gave Jesus all authority, why would he have to be given all authority if he was God? If he was God he would already have all authority, it would not have to be given to him.

Does the one who gave him all authority have any authority left? He couldn't if he gave all authority to someone else.

What if there were only one or four or a church full? Jesus would not be there, because he speaks of only 2 or 3.

I know where I am, does that make me all knowing?

Being called god is not the same thing as being God. God had a son, would you expect God to call his son Smith? or Bob? or Baalzebub? Jesus was only called God, God made Moses to be a god to Pharaoh. Exodus 7:1

What is your word? What do use to communicate with? In your post you used what? pictures? or words?

Matthew 2:15 ... spoken of the Lord... "out of Egypt have a called my son"

The Lord God had a son Jesus is the son of the Lord. Jesus is not the Lord God, he is "lord, jr."

I am excited by scripture, but your obvious ignorance of the verses I share bore me.

Jerry Shugart

If you treat the least of your brethren with honour, you likewise honour Jesus Christ.

So are we to honor our brethren with honor like we honor the Lord Jesus?

Here is what the Lord Jesus said:

"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:23).​

According to you the Lord Jesus was saying that we must honor someone who is just a god from heaven in the same way that we honor the Mighty God!

Lon

Psalm 82:6
I said, "You are (gods / elohiym you are all sons of the Most High.

So are we to honor our brethren with honor like we honor the Lord Jesus?

Here is what the Lord Jesus said:
"That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him" (Jn.5:23).​

Revelation 19:10 Acts 14:15

marhig

Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be asserted, but laid aside His privileges, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Finding Himself in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

For this reason also, God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him THE NAME which is above every name, so that at THE NAME of Jesus EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS that Jesus Christ is YHWH , to the glory of God the Father.
- Philippians 2:6-11

In the scriptures you have quoted here, it says that God highly exalted Jesus, because of his obedience to him. This itself shows us that God is the God of Christ Jesus too! Why would God need to exalt Jesus because of his obedience (which was unto death), if Jesus was God?

Status
Not open for further replies.