JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Guess what.....you aren't saved for eternity YET. Nobody is. Jesus said: "He that endures to the end will be saved." (Matthew 24:13) You've got quite a bit yet to learn.

Those of us IN CHRIST already sit in heavenly places.

Ephesians 2:6
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:​

We only await the redemption of our body.

Romans 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.​

glorydaz

Please tell me the number of your post where you explained Psalm 110 and Isaiah 61.

Here's a Psalm and where the Son is called "O God" by the Lord God.

Psalm 45:6Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

Hebrews 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.​

Scoroccio

Sorry, I said if you are speaking to trinitarians you look silly. You are then arguing with oneness pentecostals? Yes, when they say thatJesus is Yahweh or Jehovah to them it does not mean he is the father. They don't equate Yahweh with the father but say that Yahweh can be used for the whole trinity or all of the persons separately. So the father is Jehovah, Jesus is Jehovah, the spirit is Jehovah yet all three is Jehovah... Their reasoning, not mine. But then again 90 of trinitarians do not know what it teaches pr understand it themselves, often comitting heresy when trying to explain it.

God's Truth

Guess what.....you aren't saved for eternity YET. Nobody is. Jesus said: "He that endures to the end will be saved." (Matthew 24:13) You've got quite a bit yet to learn.

You are the one who needs to learn. We can have eternal life now, but it can be taken away before Jesus comes again. We can be saved now, and the saved must hold firm until the end so that they will continue to be saved.

Acts 15:11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:5 made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Luke 19:9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham.

2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Philippians 2:12 [ Do Everything Without Grumbling ] Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

1 Peter 2:2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

1 John 5:20 We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Did you read all those scriptures that say we are saved?

Did you read how eternal life IS knowing God and Jesus?

That is what the scriptures say.

Scoroccio

I have already explained that there are three and the three are one and the same.

You have to be more specific than that... three whats? Three whos? One what? One who?

By reading the comments so far it seems like 90% of trinitarians on this forum are woefully confused about their own doctrine. It seems like most of ypu are modalists and not trinitarians! Most of you would be branded heretics by an orthodox trinitarian. So just to check that you yourself understand the doctrine, tell me "God's Truth", what do you mean by "Jehovah/Yahweh"? What do you mean when you say God? How many persons are there i the trinity? How many "beings" are there?

God's Truth

You have to be more specific than that... three whats? Three whos? One what? One who?
All you had to do is ask; glad you did.

God reveals Himself to us as the Father who is invisible and lives in unapproachable light; and, by the Son who came as a Man in the flesh; and, as the Holy Spirit who goes forth without limit.

By reading the comments so far it seems like 90% of trinitarians on this forum are woefully confused about their own doctrine. It seems like most of ypu are modalists and not trinitarians!
I am not a trinitarian, and not a modalist either.

I am not a trinitarian because though I believe that there are three, I do not believe the three are separate and different. I am not a modalist because they do not believe the three exist at the same time, they believe the three exist consecutively.

Most of you would be branded heretics by an orthodox trinitarian. So just to check that you yourself understand the doctrine, tell me "God's Truth", what do you mean by "Jehovah/Yahweh"? What do you mean when you say God? How many persons are there i the trinity? How many "beings" are there?

As I have been explaining, God is One and He reveals Himself to us by three, the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Scoroccio

All you had to do is ask; glad you did.

God reveals Himself to us as the Father who is invisible and lives in unapproachable light; and, by the Son who came as a Man in the flesh; and, as the Holy Spirit who goes forth without limit.

I am not a trinitarian, and not a modalist either.

I am not a trinitarian because though I believe that there are three, I do not believe the three are separate and different. I am not a modalist because they do not believe the three exist at the same time, they believe the three exist consecutively.

As I have been explaining, God is One and He reveals Himself to us by three, the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Sorry but you didn't further explain your statement as much as denying that you are a trinitarian or a modalist!

You say:
1. They are three but not seperate or different
Follow up question: seperate or different what? Persons or Beings? Or something else?
2. You are not a modalist because they believe that it's actuallt one person taking on three modes of existence consecutively?

Follow up question: Do you belive that there is only one person of God that takes on all these roles simultaneously and interchangeably?

finally: God is one what? Person or being? Nature? He revelas himself in three what? Persons? Beings? Modes? Natures?

Thanks

God's Truth

Sorry but you didn't further explain your statement as much as denying that you are a trinitarian or a modalist!
Why do you try to find fault with my explaining why I am not a trinitarian or a modalist? You were confused about it. Why not just be thankful that I explained it?

You say:
1. They are three but not seperate or different
Follow up question: seperate or different what? Persons or Beings? Or something else?
They are not different period.
As for trinitarians, they cannot even explain how they are the same.

2. You are not a modalist because they believe that it's actuallt one person taking on three modes of existence consecutively?
I believe the three exist at the same time; modalists do not believe that.

Follow up question: Do you belive that there is only one person of God that takes on all these roles simultaneously and interchangeably?
I think you could say that.
There are many scriptures that show interchangeability. I would like to discuss that further at some point.

finally: God is one what? Person or being? Nature? He revelas himself in three what? Persons? Beings? Modes? Natures?

God is Spirit. Jesus is the Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit.
There is only One Divine Spirit.

Ask for scripture references if you do not recognize what I am saying as scripture.

You are welcome. Tell me something about your beliefs on this.

SonOfCaleb

You believe he is the archangel Michael, right?

Correct Jesus name prior to coming to Earth was Michael. Micha.el means "Who is like God". There is only one Archangel or 'Chief' Angel who was also the "first born of all creation" by Jehovah being the first invidual that was created. Paul tells us so in Colossians.

1 Colossians 1:13-15 "13 He rescued us from the authority of the darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, 14 by means of whom we have our release by ransom, the forgiveness of our sins. 15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation;

Thus indisuputably two distinct individuals who are not the same. One being subordinate, Michael EG Jesus.

Scoroccio

But you are not explaining it at al? Just restating what you already said? You say they are different...but I ask how? Are they three different modes? Persons? Beings?
They are one? How? One person? Being or nature?

Trinitarians would say that they are one in the sense that they share the divine being. But that this "being" have three distinct personhoods. They illlustrate it like this: What you are is a human being, Who you are is "your name". God is "God/divine/diety" who? "Father and Son and Holy Spirit". I do not believe his myself but this is what they mean. It's like the threedeaded beast of greek mythology. You however say that there is one person that is Father, Son and holy spirit? One person that is revealing himself in different roles? That is almost modalism just that you see them as interchangable.

I believe The Father is a spirit being and is the almighty God, his name is Yahweh/Jehovah/Yehovah whatever one is preferred. I believe Jesus before being a human was a seperate spiritual being that was created by God, the firstborn, the unique only begotten spiritual Son of God and that he is lesser than his Father. This spirit being became fully human while on earth and ceased to exist when he sacrificed his life for us, but that God resurrected him as an even more powerful spiritual being and that Jesus is now at the right hand of his Father and given all authority on earth and in heaven. I believe the holy spirit is God's operational power/influence or activity. He used it to create, to inspire scripture and prophecy to embue his servants with power and he has now given his Son Jesus the authority to use it at his disposal. I do not believe the holy spirit is a person.

Scoroccio

Why do you try to find fault with my explaining why I am not a trinitarian or a modalist? You were confused about it. Why not just be thankful that I explained it?

They are not different period.
As for trinitarians, they cannot even explain how they are the same.

I believe the three exist at the same time; modalists do not believe that.

I think you could say that.
There are many scriptures that show interchangeability. I would like to discuss that further at some point.

God is Spirit. Jesus is the Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is the Spirit.
There is only One Divine Spirit.

Ask for scripture references if you do not recognize what I am saying as scripture.

You are welcome. Tell me something about your beliefs on this.

But you are not explaining it at all? Just restating what you already said? You say they are different...but I ask how? Are they three different modes? Persons? Beings?
They are one? How? One person? Being or nature?

Trinitarians would say that they are one in the sense that they share the divine being. But that this "being" have three distinct personhoods. They illlustrate it like this: What you are is a human being, Who you are is "your name". God is "God/divine/diety" who? "Father and Son and Holy Spirit". I do not believe his myself but this is what they mean. It's like the threedeaded beast of greek mythology. You however say that there is one person that is Father, Son and holy spirit? One person that is revealing himself in different roles? That is almost modalism just that you see them as interchangable.

I believe The Father is a spirit being and is the almighty God, his name is Yahweh/Jehovah/Yehovah whatever one is preferred. I believe Jesus before being a human was a seperate spiritual being that was created by God, the firstborn, the unique only begotten spiritual Son of God and that he is lesser than his Father. This spirit being became fully human while on earth and ceased to exist when he sacrificed his life for us, but that God resurrected him as an even more powerful spiritual being and that Jesus is now at the right hand of his Father and given all authority on earth and in heaven. I believe the holy spirit is God's operational power/influence or activity. He used it to create, to inspire scripture and prophecy to embue his servants with power and he has now given his Son Jesus the authority to use it at his disposal. I do not believe the holy spirit is a person.

SonOfCaleb

This paragraph here is EXACTLY correct. Well said!

Truster

That means, I guess, that you cannot explain how YHWH is talking to Himself and anointing Himself in those Scriptures. He is clearly talking to somebody, and is plainly anointing someone, and it looks like it is someone OTHER THAN HIMSELF. But you have nothing to say to support the ludicrous contention that YHWH is Jesus?

There are certain truths that need no explanations to the regenerate. They are simply accepted. Why would I give that which is holy to dogs?

beameup

I asked you to explain how God would be talking to Himself in Psalm 110, and how God would be anointing Himself and sending Himself as described in Isaiah 61.

You have to take the Bible in its entirety, not simply select a couple of verses to build a doctrine.
I showed you a verse that clearly shows the Triune God in the Old Testament. You also have the N.T.

Draw near to me, hear this:
from the beginning I have not spoken in secret,
from the time it came to be I have always been there.”
And now the Lord GOD has sent me, and his Spirit.

Isaiah 48:16 ESV (from Dead Sea Scrolls)
God the Son is calling you to "draw near".

Status
Not open for further replies.