JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

CherubRam

God is not a man

God is not a man: In Numbers 23:19; "God is not a man..." defies the possibility that Yahshua The Messiah is God. The text states that: Yahwah is not an ("iys / man) that He should lie, nor the son of (Adam / Man")...

Malachi 3:6
I (the LORD / Yahwah) do not change...

Hosea 11:9
I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you.

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 26:64
"Yes, it is as you say," Yahshua replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Matthew 22:41
41While the Pharisees were gathered together, Yahshua asked them, 42"What do you think about the Messiah ? Whose son is he?" "The son of David," they replied. 43He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'lord'? For he says, 44" 'The Lord said to my lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet." 45If then David calls him 'lord,' how can he be his son?"

CherubRam

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I (the Lord / Yahwah?) and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

This verse can be variously translated and does NOT indicate or prove Jesus is YHWH, but simply refers to the appearing of God's glory in the person of the Lord Jesus.

If the LORD's glory is seen in the person of the Lord Jesus then that means that the Lord Jesus is God:

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images"
(Isa.42:8).​

That gloryis the same glory of which the Lord Jesus speaks of here:

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (Jn.17:5).​

Please give me the translation of this verse which you think is the best translation:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

CherubRam

If the LORD's glory is seen in the person of the Lord Jesus then that means that the Lord Jesus is God:

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images"

"And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was" (Jn.17:5).​

Please give me the translation of this verse which you think is the best translation:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

All who will inherit life immortal are gods. Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

daqq

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by daqq

So you therefore openly admit by your doctrine that your atonement theory is entirely bogus because the passage you quoted also quotes from a Psalm: and the critical context of that Psalm clearly shows that by your viewpoint your own spotless human-Man-Lamb is not spotless at all, but rather, as the Psalmist clearly says, his iniquities overtook him:

Psalm 40:6-13 KJV
6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
9 I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.
10 I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.
11 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

So much for your spotless sacrificial Man-Lamb: his iniquities took hold of him and overtook him according to the same context of the passage referenced and quoted in the Hebrews passage which you yourself quoted to supposedly defend your view. Your own carnal minded theology is nothing but a mass of confusion by which you are only dooming yourself.
You blaspheme.

Not only do you reject the necessity of the shed blood of Christ to atone for mens sins but now you claim Christ was not spotless.

These verses refer to David speaking--

12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

LA

Daqq,

Why do you not accept correction?

LA

By the way, are you saying that the entire Psalm is only about king David? Because if not then you are twisting and subverting the scripture to fit your own paradigm-mindset. If the portion you say refers to "David speaking" actually does only refer to David himself, (Psa 40:12-13), then so does the portion which is quoted in Heb 10:5-7, which "Beameup" quoted, which is the quote from Psa 40:6-8. There is no break in the context or change in subject in that section of the Psalm. You, like "Beameup", are baking your own fancy cake which is not found in the passage: you are twisting the context to suit your own dogma, inserting your own mind and reasoning into the text, reading yourself into the passage to please yourself at the expense of the scripture. :down:

CherubRam

There are many gods, real and imagined. In the ancient languages all gods are God. In the English language we change the upper and lower case (G or g) to indicate greater and lessor persons.

CherubRam

This should help sum things up:
Jude 1:25
to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Christ is the Father's salvation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are many gods, real and imagined. In the ancient languages all gods are God. In the English language we change the upper and lower case (G or g) to indicate greater and lessor persons.

this makes sense since it is in the Bible..

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist

looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, - NASB

It is the glory of God appearing, and Christ is of course, God's revelation.....he is the outshining of his glory. The Son comes in the glory of his Father, while also having his own glory, derived from his Father, for the glory of God is One.

It is unnecessary to read anything further into the text. God and His Messiah-Son share God's glory.

Lon

:think: Acts 19:26 Psalm 115:4-8 1 Corinthians 8:4 Revelation 22:9 Acts 14:15

:think: John 20:28 Revelation 1:17 John 18:6

Lon

This should help sum things up:
Jude 1:25
to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Christ is the Father's salvation.

Isaiah 43:11 :think:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Isaiah 43:11 :think:

Of course 'God' is the sole source of life, existence, salvation, etc. No theist here questions that. All that verse is saying is that God knows himself as the only real source of salvation....because there is no other. God is the one universal omnipresent reality. God also uses various persons as his agents to minister his salvation, and these he himself has called elohim (gods). God alone is Savior....he has a company of ministers.

Jerry Shugart

looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, - NASB

It is the glory of God appearing, and Christ is of course, God's revelation.....he is the outshining of his glory. The Son comes in the glory of his Father, while also having his own glory, derived from his Father, for the glory of God is One.

No, Christians are told to be looking for the Lord Jesus' glorious body and not anything about the Father's glory:

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21).​

The following verse is also speaking of the same "appearance" and the same "glory":

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

Therefore, we can understand that the "glory" in the following verse is referring to the Lord Jesus' glorious body and has nothing to do with the Father's glory:

That is why Paul refers to that glory as belonging to the Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior.

Lon

There is no reason to assume Jesus is YHWH. It is unnecessary. - the burden of proof is on them, and they have none except 'assumptions' and 'Christological posturing'.

So is the blood of His atonement. So is Scripture itself. No scripture 'could' possibly prove it to you so your objection is complete and even against arians and Unitarians. It doesn't matter what you assert after that. There is NO common ground with you because of your complete rejection.

Your bible is U-rant. There is no sense you are even involved in any way between us. You don't esteem the scriptures as the only authority base

Lon

Not much need to rub your chin here, Lon.

Just go to what Jesus said.

Which was even though he and the Father are one, the Father is greater than him.

Purdy simple.
Similarly, the woman is the weaker vessel in marriage, but they are one flesh, not two fleshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.