JESUS IS NOT YHWH

Status
Not open for further replies.

daqq

I am willing to believe scripture. Do you have a verse?

If you are responding to me, I quoted from the Psalm, (Psa 40:12), which Beameup referenced when he quoted Heb 10:5-7 which quotes Psa 40:6-8. That passage I quoted makes my point because Psa 40:12 is still the same context together with the verses which Beameup quoted. What has happened is that Beameup failed to check the context from which the author of Hebrews was quoting, (as most fail to do). The authors of the New Testament are not doing what most here seem to like to do, that is, to rip things out of their context and use scripture one-liners to say something else besides what the scripture actually teaches in a given passage; no, but rather, when the author of Hebrews quotes from that passage he intends for the reader to check that passage context because that is the context from which he speaks or writes when he quotes the passage, (or any other passage). In other words the author of Hebrews is not doing what Beameup is doing with the scripture: the author of Hebrews no doubt means his words in the context of the passage which he quotes from, (Psalm 40 in this case). Moreover the only thing "Beameup" and "Lazy afternoon" are revealing is that they only know Messiah according to the flesh. Those truly in Messiah, that is, born from above, know nothing and no one according to the flesh; even if we have known Messiah according to the flesh in the past; yet now we know not the Messiah according to the flesh anymore: if anyone truly be in Messiah, the same is a new creature, old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

God's Truth

You blaspheme.

Not only do you reject the necessity of the shed blood of Christ to atone for mens sins but now you claim Christ was not spotless.

These verses refer to David speaking--

12 For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

LA

You do not even believe Jesus is the Greatest Love and sacrifice. You say Jesus did not come from heaven.

oatmeal

The word god is a generic term like the plural elohim.

I didn't say the Son is a father, what I said is that Father and Son are the same species.

Like kinds.

Maybe you could reply this time.

God is able to make children of Abraham out of stones. What species would they be? Who is their parents?

Are they stones or children of Abraham?

oatmeal

Let us look at this verse which speaks of the appearing of the Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

The following passage speaks of us looking for that appearance and the "glory" which we will see will be the Lord Jesus' "glorious body":

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body" (Phil.3:20-21).​

The following verse is also speaking of the same "appearance" and the same "glory":

"When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory" (Col.3:4).​

The following passage desribes this same appearance as a "hope":

"Beloved, now are we the children of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure
"
(1 Jn.3:2).​

So the 'hope" and the "glory" in the following verse is referring to the glorious body in which we will see the Lord Jesus when He will appear:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" (Titus 2:13).​

That is why Paul refers to that glory as belonging to the Lord Jesus, our great God and Savior.

Since the Greek word kai can be translated "and" or "even" the context requires that in Titus 2:13 it be translated "even".

Jesus Christ is the glory of the Great God.

The context I refer to is the rest of scripture. Especially scriptures like Nehemiah 9:27 where we learn that God has sent saviours (plural) God is in the business of saving people. He is the CEO of salvation, and He has the management skills to know when and where and to whom to delegate that saving grace.

Besides the OT champions of scripture like David, Samson, Esther..... that list includes His son, Jesus Christ.

God is the author of salvation, Jesus Christ (and the others God appointed this duty) are the agents of God's salvation.

7 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Maybe you could reply this time.

God is able to make children of Abraham out of stones. What species would they be? Who is their parents?

Are they stones or children of Abraham?

I did reply to your question, I said, "And he has done so."

"Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious, you also as living stones are being built up a spiritual house" (1 Peter 2:4)

Peter claimed Jesus was a living stone and Paul referred to him as a Rock.

What species was the Rock?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So much for your spotless sacrificial Man-Lamb: his iniquities took hold of him and overtook him according to the same context of the passage referenced and quoted in the Hebrews passage which you yourself quoted to supposedly defend your view. Your own carnal minded theology is nothing but a mass of confusion by which you are only dooming yourself.

Daqq,

Why do you not accept correction?

LA

Jerry Shugart

Since the Greek word kai can be translated "and" or "even" the context requires that in Titus 2:13 it be translated "even".

Jesus Christ is the glory of the Great God.

So you are saying that we are not waiting for the appearing of the glory of the Lord Jesus?:

"But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body"
(Phil.3:20-21).​

The following verse can only be speaking about the appearing of the Lord Jesus, our great God and savior:

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ"
(Titus 2:13).​

Tell me how you think that verse should be translated since you obviously do not think that it is translated correctly.

CherubRam

Shalom.

When I read the Hebrew there is a Vav, but not a Waw. I do not even know what a Waw is.

Shalom.

Jacob

Most Semitic scholars transliterate waw as a "w" or a "u", depending on school and pronunciation. Vav and the use of V, did not originate till later.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Titus 2:13

Titus 2:13

The following verse can only be speaking about the appearing of the Lord Jesus, our great God and savior -

"...while we wait for the blessed hope--the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ" [/I](Titus 2:13).

Tell me how you think that verse should be translated since you obviously do not think that it is translated correctly.

This verse can be variously translated and does NOT indicate or prove Jesus is YHWH, but simply refers to the appearing of God's glory in the person of the Lord Jesus. Paul in the previous chapter and almost all of his epistles clearly makes a distinction between God the Father and the Lord Jesus.

For more on this passage go Link Removed. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

KingdomRose

Then you have no Saviour.

1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

2 Timothy 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

So, it looks to me like you're the "poor soul".

You slickly pervert those scriptures to seem to be melding Jesus and Jehovah into one, but that is not the case. As I have explained many times before, Jehovah says that He is the Saviour and there is none beside Him. That means that He is the Source of salvation. He planned the mode of salvation and He has all of the power to make sure it happens. He assigned His Son to accomplish an act of salvation that would be the method of the salvation of mankind. That is why Jehovah can say that He IS the Saviour. Jesus is also called the Saviour because he was Jehovah's means of accomplishing what was needed to bring about salvation to the human race.

Your citation of I Timothy 4:10 refers to the Father, by the way. Paul included the Father in all of his letters, referring to Him as God.

Two individuals called "Saviour," yet one of them is the Most High and the Source of salvation, whereas the other one is the means by which the Saviour of Isaiah 45:21 saves.

Can we not call both of two chefs working together the maker of a cake? The chief chef gives the apprentice chef who is working under him the recipe and stands beside him, directing him as he makes the cake. The chief chef is the Maker, and so is the apprentice. Even though the top chef is the designer and architect of the cake, and his specifications are followed, and it's his kitchen, and everything goes just as He says it should, and he is called the Maker of the cake, the other chef is also the Maker of the cake, because he followed the top chef's instructions. They both made the cake. Both are makers, or, bakers. Yet they are not the same person. And the top chef can be called THE baker, because he has all the experience and all the money and he owns the kitchen and he tells other bakers what to do. He is THE baker; there is really none beside him, that can equal him.

The same can be said concerning Jehovah and His Son.

KingdomRose

That's because you are trying to limit God to what is humanly possible. :mock: KingdomRose

Er, no, I'm not limiting God to anything. There are certain ways that the universe is conducted. It has not happened anywhere in its history that a son is his own father. It just doesn't work that way.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Er, no, I'm not limiting God to anything. There are certain ways that the universe is conducted. It has not happened anywhere in its history that a son is his own father. It just doesn't work that way.

You have a problem in understanding not only the uniqueness but the nature of God. In being Triune, He is three persons in one essence. But of course, I do not expect you to understand that.

glorydaz

Two individuals called "Saviour," yet one of them is the Most High and the Source of salvation, whereas the other one is the means by which the Saviour of Isaiah 45:21 saves.

Can we not call both of two chefs working together the maker of a cake? The chief chef gives the apprentice chef who is working under him the recipe and stands beside him, directing him as he makes the cake. The chief chef is the Maker, and so is the apprentice. Even though the top chef is the designer and architect of the cake, and his specifications are followed, and it's his kitchen, and everything goes just as He says it should, and he is called the Maker of the cake, the other chef is also the Maker of the cake, because he followed the top chef's instructions. They both made the cake. Both are makers, or, bakers. Yet they are not the same person. And the top chef can be called THE baker, because he has all the experience and all the money and he owns the kitchen and he tells other bakers what to do. He is THE baker; there is really none beside him, that can equal him.

The same can be said concerning Jehovah and His Son.

Except the "chief chef" came down from heaven and mixed, baked and frosted the cake, Himself. :chew:

Reactions: Lon

glorydaz

The universe was created by our triune God, so I'm quite positive He is able to come, to send, and to be born of a woman if He so desires. It works any way He says it will.

Reactions: Lon
Status
Not open for further replies.