Jesus is God.

lifeisgood

Bs"d

They didn't crucify him, the Romans did.

Exactly as you and yours continue to do so today.

And they didn't crucify "the Lord", they crucified a rebellious carpenter.

How sad that you rejected your Suffering Servant and continue to spit on His face.

Just doing the will of God.

Y-H-W-H did not tell the Israelites to murder the Suffering Servant.
That's something you did all on your own.

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!”
Joshua 24:14-15

Thank you for the verses.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

Bs"d

Worshipping a human being is idolatry, whether or not you "worship the spirit of God in him" or y the messiah can fulfil the messianic prophecies.

[19

Yeshayahu- Isaiah - Chapter 7

said, "Listen now, O House of David, is it little for you to weary men, that you weary my God as well? יגוַיֹּאמֶר שִׁמְעוּ נָא בֵּית דָּוִד הַמְעַט מִכֶּם הַלְאוֹת אֲנָשִׁים כִּי תַלְאוּ גַּם אֶת אֱלֹהָי:
14Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.ידלָכֵן יִתֵּן אֲדֹנָי הוּא לָכֶם אוֹת הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאת שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּ אֵל
15Cream and honey he shall eat when he knows to reject bad and choose good. טוחֶמְאָה וּדְבַשׁ יֹאכֵל לְדַעְתּוֹ מָאוֹס בָּרָע וּבָחוֹר בַּטּוֹב:
16For, when the lad does not yet know to reject bad and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread, shall be abandoned."

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Bs"d

Well, God clearly said that He wanted the sacrifices, so why would anybody think He doesn't want it?

Another one with a reading comprehension. Never said what you assert.

Yes, you would be.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever." Micah 4:5

Thank you for the verse but it has nothing to do with animal sacrifices.

marhig

Sure they had God in their hearts, from their way of thinking, they crucified the Lord in the Name of the Lord. I am sorry if you do not understand.

You are giving Satan soooooooooooooooo much power.
Jesus' sacrifice had absolutely nothing to do with Satan.

When was the veil in the temple rent, at Jesus' death or at His resurrection?

I'm not giving Satan power, as I try to deny him and pray to God for strength to help me overcome him always. Those who give Satan power are those who wilfully sin over and over and think they are going to heaven. God wants us to stop sinning. Satan wants us to carry on.

Nothing Jesus did was sinful, but Satan was in the Jews who sent him to his death

Here is what Jesus told them knowing that they were trying to kill him

John 8

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

He told them they were doing the works of their father the devil. So they knew rightly what they were doing was wrong.

And they also had the commandment of though shalt not kill, yet they plotted to kill Jesus knowing it was a sin before God to kill. But they craftily did it through Pilate, but we are naked before God and he sees our sin. It was a wicked act at the hands of wicked men. And they put to death the holy, innocent son of the living God.

lifeisgood

I'm not giving Satan power, as I try to deny him and pray to God for strength to help me overcome him always.

By you trying you are giving Satan too much power.

You don't ask the Lord to give you power to try to deny Satan. You thank the Lord that He has already conquered Satan and being that you are in Jesus and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary, you have already won the victory.

Those who give Satan power are those who wilfully sin over and over and think they are going to heaven. God wants us to stop sinning. Satan wants us to carry on.

So, you did not say
Jesus had to bare whatever Satan threw at him and overcome him

Do you also think that Satan was the one that had anything to do with Jesus being in the desert also as you believe that Satan had anything to do with the Cross of Calvary?

Nothing Jesus did was sinful,

Absolutely correct.

but Satan was in the Jews who sent him to his death

:duh:

He told them they were doing the works of their father the devil. So they knew rightly what they were doing was wrong.

:duh:

And they also had the commandment of though shalt not kill, yet they plotted to kill Jesus knowing it was a sin before God to kill. But they craftily did it through Pilate, but we are naked before God and he sees our sin. It was a wicked act at the hands of wicked men. And they put to death the holy, innocent son of the living God.

In their minds and hearts they believed they were doing God’s work.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

They didn't crucify him, the Romans did.

And they didn't crucify "the Lord", they crucified a rebellious carpenter.

Yeshayahu- Isaiah - Chapter 7

said, "Listen now, O House of David, is it little for you to weary men, that you weary my God as well? יגוַיֹּאמֶר שִׁמְעוּ נָא בֵּית דָּוִד הַמְעַט מִכֶּם הַלְאוֹת אֲנָשִׁים כִּי תַלְאוּ גַּם אֶת אֱלֹהָי:
14Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel.ידלָכֵן יִתֵּן אֲדֹנָי הוּא לָכֶם אוֹת הִנֵּה הָעַלְמָה הָרָה וְיֹלֶדֶת בֵּן וְקָרָאת שְׁמוֹ עִמָּנוּ אֵל
15Cream and honey he shall eat when he knows to reject bad and choose good. טוחֶמְאָה וּדְבַשׁ יֹאכֵל לְדַעְתּוֹ מָאוֹס בָּרָע וּבָחוֹר בַּטּוֹב:
16For, when the lad does not yet know to reject bad and choose good, the land whose two kings you dread, shall be abandoned."

So What does Immanuel Mean?

Zechariah 12

Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the house of David and the residents of Jerusalem, and they will look at Me whom they pierced. They will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only child and weep bitterly for Him as one weeps for a firstborn.

................................... I indeed believe that He is not done with literal Israel yet. I would further implore you to note that Israel is fully back, and again being surrounded by many peoples that want her gone.

Are you certain with all your heart that Y-H-W-H didn't first lay a foundation for the Gentiles, that He could then rescue all who call on Him?

Has God ever done things in an instant gratification kind of way?

Are you so sure that Jesus was JUST a rebellious carpenter? Who did He rebel against?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Thank you for kicking in this open door.

The Bible tells us that Abel, the son of Adam, already brought animal sacrifices, so no, the Jews didn't invent them.

And I don't think we can call Abel a pagan.

"Thus says Y-H-W-H: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”
Zech 8:23

I see your point as well a 6days, but the Hebrews creation narrative is man made, the earth and the many cultures on it are very old. Sacrifice of all kinds were practiced all around the world. Abraham was apparently a practitioner of human sacrifice, very common in his earlier religious practice.

dodge

Nope, I am not. Jesus was a man, he was born and came into existence then. However the express image of God, a spirit being, came down and dwelled in Jesus. The spirit became flesh. God is a spirit not a man. His son was his first creation for all things were created through him. That son at the creation was NOT Jesus.

you have to ignore a lot of scripture to NOT see Jesus in the old testament.

keypurr

you have to ignore a lot of scripture to NOT see Jesus in the old testament.
I see Christ the spirit son but not Jesus.
Jesus was born to Mary in Bethlehem.
Christ was the firstborn of all creature/creation.

The spirit son was given the power of his creator. He is a created form of God. He was sent by his God from heaven to bring us light. He became flesh in the body provided for him. Then he died on the cross. He is now Lord of all creation, made so by his God and our God.

Christ is much greater than most see him as but he is not God, his father is. Jesus became the Christ at his baptism.

Much study is needed to see this friend.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I see Christ the spirit son but not Jesus.
Jesus was born to Mary in Bethlehem.
Christ was the firstborn of all creature/creation.

The spirit son was given the power of his creator. He is a created form of God. He was sent by his God from heaven to bring us light. He became flesh in the body provided for him. Then he died on the cross. He is now Lord of all creation, made so by his God and our God.

Christ is much greater than most see him as but he is not God, his father is. Jesus became the Christ at his baptism.

Much study is needed to see this friend.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app
Luke 3:22 KJV - The Trinity

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' body died yet he is supposed to be eternal. If only the spirit part of him is eternal and his body is not then how could he be infinite? Is only part of him infinite? Do we know the definition of infinite? Do we know the definition of eternal? Is God not infinite and eternal? Was there a time when God stopped being infinite and eternal? What would we call it, the holy hiccup?

Scientifically speaking, in Quantum terms,

Can Infinity exist in our universe?

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

Prizebeatz1

Scientifically speaking, in Quantum terms,

Can Infinity exist in our universe?

Signature: "If I've offended you, that's me getting in the way of Jesus. If you search the Scriptures open to only the guidance of God's Spirit to Theologically level me..... I've succeeded."

My apology. I was trying to lighten things up a little. I did a little research and read an article about how Jesus did not actually die because the definition of death does not mean non-existence. Then I tried to look into the Catechism of the Catholic Church and was overwhelmed as soon as I looked at it. My immediate instinct is that I will not find God in man-made articles. While they may help and while they may have some truth they don't have all the truth and they can actually become obstacles. I think there are many ways to interpret things but not all of them make total sense and most just make the situation worse by multiplying the possible meaning of words and therefore multiplying the number of possible interpretations. It's honestly confusing and one thing I know from my spiritual awakening experience is that God is not confusing but rather operates in brilliant and simple clarity. There's so much noise I can't really discern what my faculties are trying to tell me so I quit and make my way to silent stillness and peace. I can see why Jesus spent so much time away in the mountains.

At any rate from what little I did read I did not get any accurate answers. While I did get some insight on other ways to see things I still feel there is a piece or pieces missing (now that I know better I know the missing piece is the soul). Why would the answers raise more questions than they provide answers? I know that is not heading in the right direction. My honest discernment tells me what I read are man-made attempts to patch up weak spots. For example they try to reinterpret the word death and the consequences are that no one really dies. I got the impression from the Gospels that Jesus died for our sins but now it's saying it's not really true? That makes it non-literal which again opens things to interpretation. The answers I got from my awakening make much more sense to my heart and I know I'm not the only one who longs for such answers. 9 out of 10 interpretations simply don't feel right. I trust my instincts because I know they come from a more intelligent part of me. The articles I read involve much effort to understand which makes them exclusive but the God I know is inclusive. Why would God's word cause the opposite? The conclusion is that they are not God's words. I see the nature of it by the fruit it produces. Also the God I know is unconditional. There are no prerequisites, qualifications, or standards to be met for salvation and it does not depend on time.

In summary I quickly lost interest because frankly what I read holds no weight. I know the articles are ultimately interpretations that come from men. I used to be of the opinion that there were not any better explanations than what the church provided and so previously I would usually just go along with whatever they told me. And then I decided to get smart and find out for myself. It's not cool to hang out without answers all the time. The unknown is scary. But slowly things shifted for the better as i developed. It wasn't an easy road but in the long run the burden is light and the yoke is easy. I find that depending on someone else's explanation does not satisfy the heart. I don't expect everyone to agree and that's fine. All I know is that the only thing that satisfied my desire for truth was to feel and know the infinite and eternal value of my soul. Nothing could replace that. Sorry to be so long-winded but I had to get that off my chest.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is God.

My apology. I was trying to lighten things up a little. I did a little research and read an article about how Jesus did not actually die because the definition of death does not mean non-existence. Then I tried to look into the Catechism of the Catholic Church and was overwhelmed as soon as I looked at it. My immediate instinct is that I will not find God in man-made articles. While they may help and while they may have some truth they don't have all the truth and they can actually become obstacles. I think there are many ways to interpret things but not all of them make total sense and most just make the situation worse by multiplying the possible meaning of words and therefore multiplying the number of possible interpretations. It's honestly confusing and one thing I know from my spiritual awakening experience is that God is not confusing but rather operates in brilliant and simple clarity. There's so much noise I can't really discern what my faculties are trying to tell me so I quit and make my way to silent stillness and peace. I can see why Jesus spent so much time away in the mountains.

At any rate from what little I did read I did not get any accurate answers. While I did get some insight on other ways to see things I still feel there is a piece or pieces missing (now that I know better I know the missing piece is the soul). Why would the answers raise more questions than they provide answers? I know that is not heading in the right direction. My honest discernment tells me what I read are man-made attempts to patch up weak spots. For example they try to reinterpret the word death and the consequences are that no one really dies. I got the impression from the Gospels that Jesus died for our sins but now it's saying it's not really true? That makes it non-literal which again opens things to interpretation. The answers I got from my awakening make much more sense to my heart and I know I'm not the only one who longs for such answers. 9 out of 10 interpretations simply don't feel right. I trust my instincts because I know they come from a more intelligent part of me. The articles I read involve much effort to understand which makes them exclusive but the God I know is inclusive. Why would God's word cause the opposite? The conclusion is that they are not God's words. I see the nature of it by the fruit it produces. Also the God I know is unconditional. There are no prerequisites, qualifications, or standards to be met for salvation and it does not depend on time.

In summary I quickly lost interest because frankly what I read holds no weight. I know the articles are ultimately interpretations that come from men. I used to be of the opinion that there were not any better explanations than what the church provided and so previously I would usually just go along with whatever they told me. And then I decided to get smart and find out for myself. It's not cool to hang out without answers all the time. The unknown is scary. But slowly things shifted for the better as i developed. It wasn't an easy road but in the long run the burden is light and the yoke is easy. I find that depending on someone else's explanation does not satisfy the heart. I don't expect everyone to agree and that's fine. All I know is that the only thing that satisfied my desire for truth was to feel and know the infinite and eternal value of my soul. Nothing could replace that. Sorry to be so long-winded but I had to get that off my chest.

Prizebeatz,

My brother. You never have to apologize to me.

You have knocked, and the door is always open.

You are seeking and you will find.

You are so thirsty and I know you surrender to the Spirits authority in your heart.

You want to touch the face of God as I do.

You want to be embraced by your true eternal Father who loves you like none other can.

You will indeed be filled greatly within your soul!

Must I apologize for speaking so presumably?

keypurr

Taking a verse out of its perfect CONTEXT only makes a PRETEXT:

“Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: ‘Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself/in Your own presence, with the glory which I had with You before the world was. I have manifested Your name to the men whom You have given Me out of the world. They were Yours, You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word… Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.’” John 17:1-6, 24

Jesus – Sovereign Lord of all flesh
Jesus – The Source of Life
Jesus – The Preexistent Lord of glory
Jesus – The Visible Appearance of Yahweh God
Jesus – The Divine King on the throne
Jesus shares God’s incommunicable attributes
Jesus – Thomas’ Risen Lord and God

Here is what we have discovered from John’s Gospel.
•Jesus is the Son who gives eternal life to all whom the Father gives to him (v. 2).

•Eternal life is dependent on knowing the Father AND the Son (v. 3).

•Christ and the Father shared the same Divine glory before the creation of the world (v. 5). According to the Holy Bible this is a glory which Yahweh does not give to any other god and which no heavenly being shares.

•John says that Isaiah saw Jesus’ glory when he saw Yahweh seated on his throne in Isaiah 6:1-10. This means that Jesus is Yahweh God, even though he is not the Father, and that the glory which he set aside had to do with his heavenly rule, symbolized by the throne Isaiah saw, which Christ shared with the Father.

•Jesus has all the omni-attributes of God. By claiming to have these unique Divine attributes Jesus is affirming his absolute Deity.

•Thomas worships Jesus as his Lord God, with Jesus accepting Thomas’ confession of faith. Since the only Lord God that a monotheistic Jew has is Yahweh this means that by accepting Thomas’ confession, Jesus was confirming that he is also Yahweh, the only true God!

•Therefore, Jesus not only taught that the Father is the only true God he also spoke of himself in such a way as to make himself one with the only true God.

I agree with the author. The Lord Jesus Christ – The Only True God and Eternal Life - www.answering-islam.org

I suggest you read it again, he said this as he was praying to his God.

6days

Jesus was the word of God because he didn't speak anything of himself
The Bible tells us "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
There is only one Almighty God and he is God the father.
Yes, there is only one God. He does use many various names and titles describing Himself. For example He is the Mighty God of Jacob Gen. 49:24. He is the Mighty God Is. 9:6 He is the Mighty One of Israel Is.1:24
I'll stick to my kjv Bible thanks, it's clear to me in there who Jesus is.
He is the mighty God. Is. 9:6 He is our Creator of everything in Heaven and Earth Col. 1:16 He is the son of man... etc.

6days

God wouldn't let Satan put him to death in any way whatsoever!
The Gospel message is essentially destroyed if we don't believe that sin (as a result of Satan) causes death. Jesus had to suffer physical death because of His humanity and the temporary power Satan has in our world. If Jesus had not suffered, and then defeated physical death, there would be no hope of resurrection for us. Is. 53:10 "But the LORD was pleased To crush Him, putting Him to grief..."