Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Pierac

Yes, The Father and the Son are distinct Persons, but other biblical texts indicate that these two Divine Persons (along with the Holy Spirit) are ALSO one Divine Being.

I don't think so!

Produce these other text that no one else has... !!! ... :readthis: ... :rolleyes:

Get ready for a theological beating on this one!!! :readthis:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You so judged yourself. This public forum is not a place for your worthless false opinions of me.

You say I can't judge. The scriptures say for us to judge by the fruit that is borne. The fruit you bare is bad fruit.

Matthew 7:16-20 King James Version (KJV)

16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.

18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Pierac

All men lie. Jesus did not die. Jesus was no mere man. Jesus is God in the flesh.

Really did you just post this... ??? :doh:

Heb 9:22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Shedding of blood does not mean cutting your wrist or getting your back whipped ... It means dying! :rolleyes:

If Jesus did not die... then you have no blood to cover your sins! :doh:

Now let’s take a look at one of the many verses that speak of God raising Jesus. Acts 2:32 states:
"God raised this Jesus"

Who raised this Jesus? GOD! Notice that it does not say "the Father," but "God." Unless we discard every known rule of language, we can see that Jesus is not included in the term God. Another point to be made is that God is alive and Jesus is dead. God is raising Jesus from the dead. As Timothy pointed out before, God is immortal, He cannot die. Jesus on the other hand is DEAD. If you believe Jesus to be God, then it is obvious that Jesus was never truly dead because he did in fact raise himself from the dead. (like you posted). So... (Here's your issue...)

If Jesus is God then there was no real death because God is raising Jesus. Do you think that the Bible is wrong or that the creeds that were created by men that made Jesus God are wrong. Someone is wrong, the question is who, the writers of the Bible or the writers of your creeds?

Try not to focus so must on your pastors ignorance of scripture! Try posting on what you actually read and believe!!! :rolleyes:

Paul

Pierac

Yes, The Father and the Son are distinct Persons, but other biblical texts indicate that these two Divine Persons (along with the Holy Spirit) are ALSO one Divine Being.

Yea... I know of your man made creeds... :rolleyes:

At least try to support your view from scripture... :doh:

Paul

Cruciform

So do the Muslims, they call their Quran "Scripture". It is time to make clear what is "Scripture" and what not.
The Scriptures consist of the 73 documents of the Old and New Testaments defined by Christ's one historic Church as divinely inspired and authoritative.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

God's Truth

Really did you just post this... ???

Heb 9:22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Shedding of blood does not mean cutting your wrist or getting your back whipped ... It means dying!

If Jesus did not die... then you have no blood to cover your sins!

Go back and reread the post. Jesus did not “lie”. Jesus was no mere man. All men have lied. Jesus did not lie. Jesus did die in the flesh, but not in the Spirit. Our spirits do not die.
Now let’s take a look at one of the many verses that speak of God raising Jesus. Acts 2:32 states:
"God raised this Jesus"

Who raised this Jesus? GOD! Notice that it does not say "the Father," but "God." Unless we discard every known rule of language, we can see that Jesus is not included in the term God.
There is ONLY ONE GOD, and HE IS THE FATHER.
1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all,

NOT ONLY THAT---the scriptures DO say that the FATHER raised Jesus!

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus is God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
There are three, and the three are ONE AND THE SAME.

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

(Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is his Spirit.)

Another point to be made is that God is alive and Jesus is dead. God is raising Jesus from the dead. As Timothy pointed out before, God is immortal, He cannot die. Jesus on the other hand is DEAD. If you believe Jesus to be God, then it is obvious that Jesus was never truly dead because he did in fact raise himself from the dead. (like you posted). So... (Here's your issue...)

If Jesus is God then there was no real death because God is raising Jesus. Do you think that the Bible is wrong or that the creeds that were created by men that made Jesus God are wrong. Someone is wrong, the question is who, the writers of the Bible or the writers of your creeds?

Try not to focus so must on your pastors ignorance of scripture! Try posting on what you actually read and believe!!!
I have met no other denomination with my same beliefs.
The Holy Spirit is my teacher.
Jesus died in the flesh, but lived in the Spirit, and raised himself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Go back and reread the post. Jesus did not “lie”. Jesus was no mere man. All men have lied. Jesus did not lie. Jesus did die in the flesh, but not in the Spirit. Our spirits do not die.

There is ONLY ONE GOD, and HE IS THE FATHER.
1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all,

NOT ONLY THAT---the scriptures DO say that the FATHER raised Jesus!

The Father raised him.

Gal. 1:1; Eph. 1:17,20

Jesus is God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
There are three, and the three are ONE AND THE SAME.

Jesus raised himself.

John 10:18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, "Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days."

Jesus and God are the same. That is why some scripture says God raised Jesus, and other scriptures say Jesus raised himself

The Holy Spirit raised Jesus.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit,

(Jesus was made alive by the Spirit, because the Holy Spirit is his Spirit.)

I have met no other denomination with my same beliefs.
The Holy Spirit is my teacher.
Jesus died in the flesh, but lived in the Spirit, and raised himself.

Are your beliefs held by a denomination or are they just your own?

God's Truth

Thank you. I will take that to mean that you belief in your own beliefs.

I am just trying to help lead you to God's Truth.

Even Solomon whose father was King David had to search for God.

I am trying to help you.

We search for God by getting Jesus' teachings.

We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

You believe in the Catholics false doctrine called trinity.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am just trying to help lead you to God's Truth.

Even Solomon whose father was King David had to search for God.

I am trying to help you.

We search for God by getting Jesus' teachings.

We find God by obeying Jesus' teachings.

You believe in the Catholics false doctrine called trinity.

1. But you can't if you do not know it.
2. Of course he did. all men must search for God.
3. No doubt you are.
4. Yes we do but I don't see it in your teaching.
5. The Trinity is not just a Catholic doctrine nor is it a false doctrine.

God's Truth

1. But you can't if you do not know it.
2. Of course he did. all men must search for God.
3. No doubt you are.
4. Yes we do but I don't see it in your teaching.
5. The Trinity is not just a Catholic doctrine nor is it a false doctrine.

Just believe the scriptures.

The scriptures say there is one Spirit.

The scriptures say Jesus is the Spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Just believe the scriptures.

The scriptures say there is one Spirit.

The scriptures say Jesus is the Spirit.

When you tell me that no one you know believes the way you do, do you really think that I will? When you read scripture you can't see the forest for the trees, nor do you believe scripture as it is written.

Pierac

Listed here.

That would be quite a trick, since no one has been able to refute the Christian doctrine of God in the past two millennia.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Really? Because... that is exactly what I have been doing!!! :rolleyes:

No more "man made" than yours, friend.

Post #1427 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
AAA

Yea... No one reading this has a clue to what your saying... :rolleyes:

Because no one knows what your posting? :readthis:

Your just posting the generic vomit of the theological schools that produced your pastor! Try actually getting into the battle and pick a specific verse that you think... no... believe... or in your case are told supports your view!

:doh:

Man up... and post your scripture one chapter/verse per post so we can really see... What saith the scriptures!!!

Paul

Last edited:

God's Truth

When you tell me that no one you know believes the way you do, do you really think that I will?

Many are called, few are chosen.

I am trying to help you escape the snare from the devil

When you read scripture you can't see the forest for the trees, nor do you believe scripture as it is written.

Just believe what is written.

The Bible says that there is one Spirit.

The Bible says that Jesus is the Spirit.

Why won't you believe? Why?