Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Elia

Incorrect, since the divine Persons are not separate Beings. God is one Being in three Persons.

Bs'd

1 + 1 = 2.

Therefore, a "God the Father" and a "god the son" is by definition TWO (2) Gods, and not one.

Therefore Christianity is polytheism and idolatry.

And saying a million times "1 + 1 + 1 = 1" is not going to change that.

Elia

Incorrect. A monotheist believes that God is one divine Being. A unitarian believes that God is only one Person.

Thus, you are a unitarian monotheist, and I am a trinitarian monotheist. We are both, however, monotheists.

Bs'd

Somebody who worships a whole divine family is NOT a monotheist, but a polytheist and with that an idol worshiper.

Elia

Why are you repeating your error here as though you haven't already been corrected on this point? This utterly misrepresents the Trinitarian view, which is more like 1 x 1 x 1 = 1. Please get your facts straight in the future.

Bs'd

So you think that if you want to count all of your gods, then you can say 1 x 1 x 1 = 1.

Well, we all make mistakes in life. Happens to the best of us. Not everybody is comfortable with higher mathematics.
But I'll explain this to you.

When you have three pieces of fruit, and every one of them is an apple, than you have 1 apple + 1 apple + 1apple = 3 apples.

Then you do not have 1 apple x 1 apple x 1 apple = 1 apple, but then you really have THREE apples.

Evenso with gods.

When you have three persons who are all divine, then you have 1 god + 1 god + 1 god = 3 gods.

Then you do not have 1 god x 1 god x 1 god = 1 god, but then you really have THREE gods.

Got it?

Eliyahu

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Bs'd

1 + 1 = 2.

Therefore, a "God the Father" and a "god the son" is by definition TWO (2) Gods, and not one.

Therefore Christianity is polytheism and idolatry.

And saying a million times "1 + 1 + 1 = 1" is not going to change that.

elia

i am a father

and

i am a son

how many of me are there ?

Elia

Please offer your interpretation of John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods' ?

Bs'd

The word translated with "gods" is "elohiem", which means "powers".

Because God is the source of all powers, therefore the word "elohiem" is used for God, but it is also used for judges, leaders, mighty men, and others.

So the word "elohiem" does not always mean "god", and therefore the NT is using a wrong translation.

As usual.

In the service of Y-H-W-H,

Eliyahu, light unto the nations

"Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE!" Deut 6:4

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!"
Micah 4:5

Cruciform

And where does the Bible teach that God is three??
I've already answered that question for you back in Post #1082. Do you not actually read the posts to which you presume to respond?

The rest of the posts that you've offered just above have already been answered in my previous posts.

Elia

elia

i am a father

and

i am a son

how many of me are there ?

Bs'd

I assume there is only one of you.

But are you your own son, and your own father? Because that is what Christianity claims about God.

And we all know that is utter nonsense.

And everybody who can count to two knows that a "God the Father" and a "god the son" is TWO (2) gods, and not one.

"All the peoples walk each in the name of his god, but as for us; we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God forever and ever!"

keypurr

As Cruciform says... "you have applied a decidedly non-Christian interpretation ..."
Numerous texts from Genesis to Revelation inform us Jesus is omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent Creator God. Its hardly something to debate with someone who rejects Jesus as Savior.

Jesus is my savior, show me the verses that Jesus is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent? I have not found them.

Elia

Jesus is my savior, show me the verses that Jesus is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent? I have not found them.

Bs'd

My Savior is the one and only true God J-H-W-H who is one:

Isaiah 43:3: "For I am Y-H-W-H thy God, the Holy one of Israel, thy saviour."

Isaiah 43:10-11: "Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me, even I, I am Y-H-W-H, and beside Me there is no saviour."

Isaiah 45:21-22: "... I Y-H-W-H, and there is no God else beside Me, a just God and a saviour, there is no saviour beside Me. Look unto Me and be you saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God and there is none else."

Hosea 13:4: "Yet I am Y-H-W-H thy God, and thou shall know no God but Me, for there is no saviour beside Me."

God's Truth

Bs'd

My Savior is the one and only true God J-H-W-H who is one:

Isaiah 43:3: "For I am Y-H-W-H thy God, the Holy one of Israel, thy saviour."

Isaiah 43:10-11: "Before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me, even I, I am Y-H-W-H, and beside Me there is no saviour."

Isaiah 45:21-22: "... I Y-H-W-H, and there is no God else beside Me, a just God and a saviour, there is no saviour beside Me. Look unto Me and be you saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God and there is none else."

Hosea 13:4: "Yet I am Y-H-W-H thy God, and thou shall know no God but Me, for there is no saviour beside Me."

And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'

So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.

It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Elia

And you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'

So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets.

It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me.

Bs'd

Those who worship a "God the Father" and a "god the son" are worshiping TWO (2) gods, and with that they are polytheists and idol worshipers.

By throwing overboard the law of God and replacing it with extra-Biblical paganism like trinity, Sunday, Christmass, etc, they make themselves idolatrous lawless pagans.

Elia

Bs'd

Those who worship a "God the Father" and a "god the son" are worshiping TWO (2) gods, and with that they are polytheists and idol worshipers.

By throwing overboard the law of God and replacing it with extra-Biblical paganism like trinity, Sunday, Christmass, etc, they make themselves idolatrous lawless pagans.

Bs'd

Add to the above the fact that the Christian messiah didn't fulfill the messianic prophecies, and that he was a false prophet, and out goes Christianity.

God's Truth

Bs'd

Jesus is God.

Elia

Jesus is God.

Bs'd

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Elia

Jesus is God.

Bs'd

God is not a man:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9