Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

You're trying to dodge the question I asked you:
No way is there any dodging,

How many ways do you have to have it explained to you?

How do you get all my explaining is dodging?

According to you, two persons (the Father being one, Jesus being the other) are one person? Yes or No?

God is Spirit and He comes to us as a Father and as a Son.

The word "Person' to describe God is a trinity thing.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
They are saying Jesus isn't God as the Father, and that Jesus isn't God as a son either.

They're saying Jesus is not God the Son? Is that what you mean?

Well, here's the thing: anybody who wishes to say that Jesus is not God the Son has, thereby, created a further problem for himself/herself. For, now, he/she has to tell us just who is God the Son, rather than Jesus, since they say that Jesus is not Him.

God's Truth

They're saying Jesus is not God the Son? Is that what you mean?
It is what I said; It is the same thing.
Well, here's the thing: anybody who wishes to say that Jesus is not God the Son has, thereby, created a further problem for himself/herself. For, now, he/she has to tell us just who is God the Son, rather than Jesus, since they say that Jesus is not Him.

No; they say there is no such thing as God the Son.

7djengo7

No way is there any dodging,

How many ways do you have to have it explained to you?

How do you get all my explaining is dodging?

God is Spirit and He comes to us as a Father and as a Son.

The word "Person' to describe God is a trinity thing.

Again, you're trying to dodge the question I asked you:

According to you, two persons (the Father being one, Jesus being the other) are one person? Yes or No?

Furthermore, are you denying that God the Father is a person? And, are you denying that God the Son is a person? And, are you denying that God the Holy Spirit is a person?

God's Truth

Again, you're trying to dodge the question I asked you:

There is no dodging here. The answer is a simple 'yes' for you to understand.

Furthermore, are you denying that God the Father is a person? And, are you denying that God the Son is a person? And, are you denying that God the Holy Spirit is a person?

You can call them all Persons if you want. However, they are the same one and only Person revealed to us in three different ways.

Do you believe the Old Testament says God is the Father?

Do you believe that Jesus is that same God in the Old Testament, but called 'the Father' then?

7djengo7

There is no dodging here. The answer is a simple 'yes' for you to understand.

OK. I asked you, "According to you, two persons (the Father being one, Jesus being the other) are one person? Yes or No?" and you have answered "Yes". Now, since (by answering "Yes") you have claimed that two persons (the Father, and Jesus, the Son) are one person, I ask you: Which one person are the Father and the Son? Are the Father and the Son the Father, or are the Father and the Son the Son? Which is it?

You can call them all Persons if you want.

Why should I not? You're calling them persons.

However, they are the same one and only Person revealed to us in three different ways.

Which "one and only Person" are they, then? Are they the one and only Father, or are they the one and only Son?

Do you believe the Old Testament says God is the Father?

To which (if any) OT passage(s) are you referring?

Do you believe that Jesus is that same God in the Old Testament,

You mean YHWH? Yes, Jesus is YHWH.

but called 'the Father' then?

No. I do not believe that Jesus was ever called "the Father" in the OT, nor in the NT, which is in keeping with the fact that Jesus is not God the Father.

7djengo7

They say there is no such thing. They are referring to people who say Jesus is God the Son.

Once again, you're trying to dodge the question I asked you:

When they say "There is no such thing as God the Son", to whom are they referring by the phrase, "God the Son"?

Of course you do not want to say that, by the phrase, "God the Son", they are referring to people who say "Jesus is God the Son", since
  1. You'd thereby be making them out to be saying, "There is no such thing as [people who say "Jesus is God the Son"]", and
  2. The question remains: two whom are they referring by the phrase, "God the Son". You'd simply be inviting to yourself an infinite regress of unanswered questions.

God's Truth

Once again, you're trying to dodge the question I asked you:
Could you stop saying that untruthful thing about me?

Anybody can see that I am answering you and explaining and not dodging.
When they say "There is no such thing as God the Son", to whom are they referring by the phrase, "God the Son"?

They are referring to the phrase AND they are saying there is no such Person or God as God the Son.

7djengo7

Could you stop saying that untruthful thing about me?

That you're trying to dodge the question I asked you is the truth. Is it not? In any case, whether by trying not to answer it, or by not trying not to answer it, the fact remains that you've still not answered it.

Anybody can see that I am answering you and explaining and not dodging.

Impossible. Nobody can see what's false.

They are referring to the phrase AND they are saying there is no such Person or God as God the Son.

I asked to whom are they referring by the phrase, "God the Son"? You really say they are referring to the phrase?? You're seriously trying to claim that, when they say "There is no such thing as God the Son", they mean "There is no such thing as the phrase, 'God the Son'"??

Anyway, again, when they say, "There is no such Person or God as God the Son", to whom are they referring by the phrase, "God the Son"?

God's Truth

OK. I asked you, "According to you, two persons (the Father being one, Jesus being the other) are one person? Yes or No?" and you have answered "Yes". Now, since (by answering "Yes") you have claimed that two persons (the Father, and Jesus, the Son) are one person, I ask you: Which one person are the Father and the Son? Are the Father and the Son the Father, or are the Father and the Son the Son? Which is it?
The Father and the Son is the Father---since there is only one God and He is the Father.
The Father came in the flesh as a son of man, as a son of God.
Why should I not? You're calling them persons.
It is fine since it is a topical type of reasoning. The problem is when it gets more intricate. God is the Father and is Spirit and He lives in unapproachable light. He made Himself a body in heaven and then there were two---God the Father as a Spirit in heaven without a body in unapproachable light, and God the Father with a body in heaven who came as a man.

Which "one and only Person" are they, then? Are they the one and only Father, or are they the one and only Son?
We are reconciled to God and saved by what He came and did for us. He came as a man and died for us, while also alive and in heaven as a Father.

The Almighty God can do anything He wants and He wanted to come as a man and He did.

To which (if any) OT passage(s) are you referring?
I am referring to the Old Testament. Do you know the scriptures which say God is the Father?
You mean YHWH? Yes, Jesus is YHWH.
Do you believe YHWH is called God the Father in the Old Testament?
No. I do not believe that Jesus was ever called "the Father" in the OT, nor in the NT, which is in keeping with the fact that Jesus is not God the Father.
…but God is called the Father in the Old Testament. And, Jesus calls us his children in the New Testament.
Thank you for the very careful questioning.

God's Truth

That you're trying to dodge the question I asked you is the truth. Is it not? In any case, whether by trying not to answer it, or by not trying not to answer it, the fact remains that you've still not answered it.

Impossible. Nobody can see what's false.

I asked to whom are they referring by the phrase, "God the Son"? You really say they are referring to the phrase?? You're seriously trying to claim that, when they say "There is no such thing as God the Son", they mean "There is no such thing as the phrase, 'God the Son'"??

Anyway, again, when they say, "There is no such Person or God as God the Son", to whom are they referring by the phrase, "God the Son"?
There is no dodging by me.
The Bible NEVER EVER SAYS GOD THE SON.

People who say Jesus is NOT God---they mean NO SON IS GOD and NO GOD THE SON.

You are having a hard time with something carefully explained to you.

7djengo7

There is no dodging by me.

False. You've not answered the question I asked you.

The Bible NEVER EVER SAYS GOD THE SON.

What (if anything) do you mean, exactly? Are you saying that the phrase, "God the Son", is not written in the Bible? So what? Who claims that it is?

Do you deny that Jesus, Who is God, is the Son? Since Jesus, Who is God, is the Son, then why are you averse to calling Jesus "God the Son"?

People who say Jesus is NOT God---they mean NO SON IS GOD and NO GOD THE SON.

If they say "NO SON IS GOD", to whom are they referring by the word, "GOD"? Are they referring to God the Father? If not, then to whom are they referring by the word, "GOD"?

Due to what I take to be a grammatical mistake--an omission--on your part, in your last little bit, where you wrote, "they mean...and NO GOD THE SON", I can't tell what (if anything) you're trying to say. Did you mean to write, "they mean...and NO GOD [IS] THE SON"? If you meant to write that, then I ask you, To whom are they referring, by the word "GOD", when they say "NO GOD [IS] THE SON"?

God's Truth

False. You've not answered the question I asked you.

What (if anything) do you mean, exactly? Are you saying that the phrase, "God the Son", is not written in the Bible? So what? Who claims that it is?

Do you deny that Jesus, Who is God, is the Son? Since Jesus, Who is God, is the Son, then why are you averse to calling Jesus "God the Son"?

If they say "NO SON IS GOD", to whom are they referring by the word, "GOD"? Are they referring to God the Father? If not, then to whom are they referring by the word, "GOD"?

Due to what I take to be a grammatical mistake--an omission--on your part, in your last little bit, where you wrote, "they mean...and NO GOD THE SON", I can't tell what (if anything) you're trying to say. Did you mean to write, "they mean...and NO GOD [IS] THE SON"? If you meant to write that, then I ask you, To whom are they referring, by the word "GOD", when they say "NO GOD [IS] THE SON"?

The Father and the Son are one and the same.
I believe Jesus is God.
There are people who do not believe Jesus is God---they believe Jesus is the son and not God the son.

Last edited:

Lilstu

God Tells Peter That Jesus Is NOT God.

Did Jesus’ “Main Man” Peter believe that Jesus was God?

Let’s look!

Matthew 16:13-17

13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” 15 He *said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Jesus asks the question….Who do you say I am?

Peter answers….. You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Jesus praises Peter’s answer and affirms that Peter is correct.

We know for sure that Peter is correct because Jesus says “flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.”

Peter’s correct answer came directly from God.

Jesus is not God

Are you convinced?

God's Truth

God Tells Peter That Jesus Is NOT God.

Did Jesus’ “Main Man” Peter believe that Jesus was God?

Let’s look!

Matthew 16:13-17

13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.” 15 He *said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Jesus asks the question….Who do you say I am?

Peter answers….. You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Jesus praises Peter’s answer and affirms that Peter is correct.

We know for sure that Peter is correct because Jesus says “flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.”

Peter’s correct answer came directly from God.

Jesus is not God

Are you convinced?

God in heaven came to earth as a son of man, a son of God.

God did not pretend to come as a man, He really did come as a man.